Hacking Currently Wii U 5.3.2 AUS Need advice.

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi GBATemp users I currently have myself a 5.3.2 Wii U AUS I just need a few questions answered.

1. Currently is it worth staying on 5.3.2
2. Spoofing to 5.5.1 is this able to be removed if in future I decided to just update the normal way?
3. What Spoof file do i use I am guessing EUR one.
4. Will EmuNAND come along soon I hear this is a safe way of going online and spoofing ur firmware virtually.

Kind regards,
GBATemp user

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@itsjch

Good morning from germany ;)

At least an intelligent first post, which happens rarely here in the last couple of weeks ;)
Your questions make clear that you read already some of the stickys here but to answer it in a single sentence:

Stay where you are (5.3.2) without spoofing as you are unable to play online with the exploit.

Spoof only if it's absolutely necessary for you to buy from the eShop but keep in mind that you are modifying your NAND which is impossible to reverse at the moment.

My opinion is that spoofing is not worth the risk for some eShop-Indie games etc. or the console to be flagged/banned by Nintendo.

A normal update to real 5.5.1 won't be possible. You will have to download the real 5.5.1 via NUSgrabber and install it via WUPInstaller or wait for 5.5.2 and do a regular update via Disc.

Cheers, CableLeecher.

Last edited by CableLeecher,
Reactions: ajd4096

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@itsjch

At least an intelligent first post, which happens rarely here in the last couple of weeks ;)
Your questions make clear that you read already some of the stickys here but to answer it in a single sentence:

Stay where you are (5.3.2) without spoofing as you are unable to play online with the exploit.

Spoof only if it's absolutely necessary for you to buy from the eShop but keep in mind that you are modifying your NAND which is impossible to reverse at the moment.

My opinion is that spoofing is not worth the risk for some eShop-Indie games etc. or the console to be flagged/banned by Nintendo.

A normal update to real 5.5.1 won't be possible. You will have to download the real 5.5.1 via NUSgrabber and install it via WUPInstaller or wait for 5.5.2 and do a regular update via Disc.

Cheers, CableLeecher.

Alright Thanks I hope they end up releasing EMUNand soon or at least a homebrew channel like the old Wii

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright Thanks I hope they end up releasing EMUNand soon or at least a homebrew channel like the old Wii

You're welcome. But you can use the homebrew channel on your vWii. Just make sure to read the stickys about it and NEVER EVER install something for a REAL Wii to your vWii like Kernelpatches.

If you stick to this then you are absolutely safe with homebrew on your vWii

Migalis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@itsjch

Cheers, CableLeecher.

And finally someone who takes time to write a normal answer instead of hating and saying "search google or the forum" We need more people like you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*