ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No ?

It loads either a plugin in a TID folder (game unique) or a plugin for all games placed in ActionReplay folder.
If you have a plugin in a TID folder, then remove it or update it as it's loaded first.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok, pokemon shuffle ID is 0004000000141000
so i must create a folder called 0004000000141000 and put ActionReplay.plg inside it?
plugins/ActionReplay/0004000000141000/ActionReplay.plg ?

i've deleted the 0004000000141000 folder from plugins/ and now when i start the game i can't start the cheat by pressing select.

Last edited by aos10,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Gateshark use the same code types as Action Replay, so it's compatible.
You can find a list of all supported codes here.

In the editor, you can directly see if the value is correct and is what you need (select a code in the menu, touch the pencil icon on the bottom screen and select code to edit the code).

the code i found is for 50 move if i check it
D3000000 08000000
00DDF0C4 00000032 (this is the address and the value of change)
D2000000 00000000

in the link you post there is "SPECIAL KEYPAD CODE", so if i want to press L+UP
0x200 L
0x40 Up

where i should change the value?

right now if i keep the check the value of the count in the game will freeze at 50, i only want when i press L+UP is to give me 50 moves and not freeze.

L3AmMzY.jpg

Last edited by aos10,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@aos10: you must create a condition.
To do that, add a new line and use the code DD
Code:
DD000000 XXXXXXXX – if KEYPAD has value XXXXXXXX execute next block (see SPECIAL KEY CODE for values)

Example:
Code:
DD000000 00000240
D3000000 08000000
00DDF0C4 00000032
D2000000 00000000

Press L to insert a new line before the selected line, R to insert a new line after the selected line.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And can you please put your image in a quote bloc, it's too large. Thanks. :)

Reactions: aos10

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
@aos10: you must create a condition.
To do that, add a new line and use the code DD
Code:
DD000000 XXXXXXXX – if KEYPAD has value XXXXXXXX execute next block (see SPECIAL KEY CODE for values)

Example:
Code:
DD000000 00000240
D3000000 08000000
00DDF0C4 00000032
D2000000 00000000

Press L to insert a new line before the selected line, R to insert a new line after the selected line.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And can you please put your image in a quote bloc, it's too large. Thanks. :)
thanks again, i just made a cheat that give more moves and more time in timed missions, thanks.

Reactions: Nanquitas

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I'm getting black screens on returning from sleep in Hyrule Warriors after a few hours of sleep. I don't know if it's the Luma plugin, the Luma modification, or what. Is this a known problem?

edit: Okay, I'm trying the NTR plugin method now. Is there a way to make it loadable without being explicitly loaded for a game? It'd be nice to be able to enable it for games without a text editor/ftping.

Last edited by doctorgoat,

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey can anybody clarify something for me, I want to add cheat codes for a GBA game using this plugin, Im not all that good at editing hex and i don't really wanna take the time to create my own cheats. So for example I wanted to make an action replay plugin for a game like Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, is there a way to take existing cheat codes from the old Gameshark/AR/Codebreaker codes for the GBA and converting them into a useable plugin with CTRPF? I don't remember seeing anything about this, but just wanted to know if someone else managed to do something along those lines, or if I would have to make the cheats myself using the new AR feature with the plugin?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hm. I'm getting black screens on returning from sleep in Hyrule Warriors after a few hours of sleep. I don't know if it's the Luma plugin, the Luma modification, or what. Is this a known problem?

edit: Okay, I'm trying the NTR plugin method now. Is there a way to make it loadable without being explicitly loaded for a game? It'd be nice to be able to enable it for games without a text editor/ftping.
Luma3DS has known issues with Sleep, some progress are being made on that but yet to be merged.
With NTR 3.6 you can use the game folder to load a plugin for every game (sd:/plugin/game/ActionReplay.plg), but the Luma3DS method is prefered.

Hey can anybody clarify something for me, I want to add cheat codes for a GBA game using this plugin, Im not all that good at editing hex and i don't really wanna take the time to create my own cheats. So for example I wanted to make an action replay plugin for a game like Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, is there a way to take existing cheat codes from the old Gameshark/AR/Codebreaker codes for the GBA and converting them into a useable plugin with CTRPF? I don't remember seeing anything about this, but just wanted to know if someone else managed to do something along those lines, or if I would have to make the cheats myself using the new AR feature with the plugin?
GBA games are rebooting the 3DS in a specific mode and the plugin won't be injected so there's currently no way to use CTRPF with GBA Games.

Reactions: LordIgnis

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You would unfortunately have to find at least one cheat, but you could probably use that as a base address for codes.

If you found the address for gold, you could compare it with the address for gold in the actual GBA version, which is 0x0202BCF8. 0x0203A81D is the quantity of the first item stored on your merchant; so, theoretically, let's say Gold is at 0xCCCCCCCC on the 3DS.

0x0203A81D - 0202BCF8 = 0xEB22, so in our theoretical absolutely wrong situation of gold being at 0xCCCCCCCC, item quantity 1 would be at 0xCCCDB7EE.

Windows has a programmer setting on its calculator that will help a lot with hex math and converting decimal numbers to hex numbers.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had success actually using the Luma boot.7z from the main post? I thought I followed the instructions correctly but, not only does it refuse to load the plugins I put in plugins/<tid>/plugin.plg like the OP says it's supposed to, but it also appears to break attempting to load NTR plugins the normal way too. Cheats simply refuse to load. (no green flash, not able to pull up their menus, but game still loads OK otherwise)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Luma3DS has known issues with Sleep, some progress are being made on that but yet to be merged.
With NTR 3.6 you can use the game folder to load a plugin for every game (sd:/plugin/game/ActionReplay.plg), but the Luma3DS method is prefered.

GBA games are rebooting the 3DS in a specific mode and the plugin won't be injected so there's currently no way to use CTRPF with GBA Games.
What about running the game via emulator?
Not cia inject.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nanquitas I know you aren't the best at making AR codes, but do you know how to create codes for when the memory address changes every time the game is played? Every guide I can find assumes the memory addresses are static.

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nanquitas I know you aren't the best at making AR codes, but do you know how to create codes for when the memory address changes every time the game is played? Every guide I can find assumes the memory addresses are static.
I don't know how to go about it, but from everything I've read on code making, you'll have to find the pointers for memory addresses that aren't static.

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's a video From @NintendoGamer28 showing you how to make pointer codes;

josan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I noticed that when I am using the boot.firm to load plugins, FBI also flashes green when opening it and it then crashes. But when i put pack the old boot.firm it works fine again. Is there a fix to this?

Using o3ds xl 11.6
Actionreplay.plg also inside the sd card.
FBI is updated as well

powerdoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi. I noticed that when I am using the boot.firm to load plugins, FBI also flashes green when opening it and it then crashes. But when i put pack the old boot.firm it works fine again. Is there a fix to this?

Using o3ds xl 11.6
Actionreplay.plg also inside the sd card.
FBI is updated as well

Plugin is Not working with homebrew only with Games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto