Hacking Checkpoint/NTR cheat help?

RJCline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't owned a 3ds or messed with the modding community since 2017ish so please excuse my ignorance of how things are now. I recently just picked up a 2ds so that way I could replay Pokemon Crystal. I legitimately bought official Pokemon Crystal VC of the eshop. Now before I even thought about posting this thread I searched google, reddit, and other threads here for hours to try to find an answer to my question (even looking up youtube videos for maybe easy quick answers) Checkpoint from what I gathered is what most people use to cheat in a game. Upon delving deeper into my SD card and with info that I gathered there is a cheat folder on the root of your SD card with the Games ID and inside is a text file with said cheats that you enabled in Checkpoint. My question is, do Gameshark cheats not work?; because the cheats I found in the Pokemon Crystal VC folder look to be in an Action Replay code format? I tried adding a code manually to that text file and when I select the cheat in game via Rosalina it just is all red(I also enabled game patching). I just dont know or cant find any other UPDATED way to use Gameshark codes on the 3ds. I seen a modified Luma 3gx but that seemed outdated maybe? I just want to be able to add in some gameshark codes and I can't properly figure out how to either Convert Gameshark codes to AR format or the proper way to just use them in general either via Checkpoint/Rosalina menu or just another application in itself (CTRPF?) Im so lost so any help would be greatly appreciated <3 Thanks

Edit: OK I did more researching and I realize that Checkpoint doesnt use Action Replay it uses GateShark codes? Oof so ignore that portion of my original posting. I'm even more confused now haha.

Last edited by RJCline,

DinoAvenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Checkpoint is a app that allows you to backup your game, for example, if your save for some reason gets often corrupted you probably would use checkpoint, and you can also use cheats with it but i dont recommend doing so because you cant deactivate them (as far as i know)

glaceJD

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checkpoint is a app that allows you to backup your game, for example, if your save for some reason gets often corrupted you probably would use checkpoint, and you can also use cheats with it but i dont recommend doing so because you cant deactivate them (as far as i know)
press select down and L while inside Pokemon Red Blue Yellow Gold Silver or Crystal
it will bring up the menu where you can use cheats selected from Checkpoint

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."