ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

theoldbucwild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read through the entire thread and am pretty confused. I've used ntr plugins in the past before. I took the ActionReplay.7z file and extracted it to the root of my SD card. I'm trying to use a code from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/devil-s...-max-fate-levels-code-is-finally-here.552925/ and it's not showing up when i activate rosaline menu. When I press select once game is loaded, the Gateshark2NTR cheats show up instead of AR codes

Codec-J

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just read through the entire thread and am pretty confused. I've used ntr plugins in the past before. I took the ActionReplay.7z file and extracted it to the root of my SD card. I'm trying to use a code from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/devil-s...-max-fate-levels-code-is-finally-here.552925/ and it's not showing up when i activate rosaline menu. When I press select once game is loaded, the Gateshark2NTR cheats show up instead of AR codes

Hey! Are you using luma plugin loader or ntr boot loader? If you want to load your cheats from a cheats.txt file, then you would have to make a directory called "cheats" at the root of your SD card. /cheats/<titleid>/cheats.txt
If you are using luma plugin loader, you can place the cheats.txt file in the same directory as your plugin. /luma/plugins/<titleid>/cheats.txt

Reactions: theoldbucwild

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As usual, i'm a bit lost here. Just to be clear: the info from this thread means you can use cheats without making use of the BootNTR application.

In the original post. If I put the boot.firm into the root of the SD it does not even load to begin with. The boot.firm from the OP download = version v9.0-e5948ab7 and when I do this I get the message: Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch and I have to reboot. I can choose to change the firm to v9.1, it boots, but nothing happens. So I would assume it only works on v9.0-e5948ab7 that has been altered in the download or I might have missed something.

Addiitional info. BootNTR (v2.13.3): https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases/tag/v2.13.3 (NTR 3.6.1) works good on Pokemon X/YOR/AS but not on Moon/Sun/UltraSun/UltraMoon.

EDIT: Tested a few firmware boot files. If I go lower than v9.1 it gives me the Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch error.
EDIT2: This thread (Using Luma3DS with Plugin Loader (recommended) > https://github.com/SNBeast/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES helped my boot my device at least. I get a green screen on X/Y/OR/AS/SUN/MOON/US/MN.

There are 2 downsides using this method:

1) You will get a green screen in JSKV, FBI and every other program which causes a ARM11 crash (no idea why this is happening - very annoying)
2) You can't use any other .plg files rather than renaming ActionReplay.plg to plugin.plg and using a cheats.txt file. See images below for example:

BT2QXK6.jpg

This renders for example @AnalogMan plugin: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...in-for-ultra-sumo.489098/page-35#post-7750479 useless.

EDIT 3: Somebody pointed me to https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrpluginframework-blank-plugin-now-with-action-replay.487729/page-57

Boot: Luma3DSv9.1-7-gbd15fa > http://badda.de/lumamod/ = OK
Boot: Luma3DSv9.1-4b341e03 > https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases (v9.1 Plugin Edition) = OK

No more Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch error using either of these firmware versions. I can use the .plg or .g3x files. However...

ultraSuMoFramework-v0.7.0 = Codes do not work or get ARM11 errors.
USUMCheatMenu 2.5.8 = Does not load / crashes the game (ARM11 error)

Any info is welcome...

Last edited by Theone5000,
Reactions: Idrolitina

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a new version available? I got plenty of codes working for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. All for v1.0 (NO UPDATES!!)
Using CTRPluginFramework Beta v.0.4.0 - Action Replay 1.0.0 on Luma3DS v9.1-bd15f51a

- Is CTRPluginFramework v0.5.0 of higher available?
- Are there usable cheats for pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire / X and Y using this method?

deadmanbomber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there will be another update. luma lost plugin support. Although i wish it would get updated...

Edit: people have different versions somehow. Between 0.5.0 to 2.0.0

Last edited by deadmanbomber,

Jephph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how exactly am I supposed to load action replay codes here? It doesn't have the open button, to open a txt file, and it will not allow me to manually write them.

EDIT: Nevermind, i am an idiot. I didn't realize there was a help tab there. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Jephph,

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, quick question, does anyone know how to reset the hotkey button? The default is select, right? But I changed the hotkey in the past and now I forgot how to call the ctrpf menu again. Is anyone know how to reset it? Thanks!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, quick question, does anyone know how to reset the hotkey button? The default is select, right? But I changed the hotkey in the past and now I forgot how to call the ctrpf menu again. Is anyone know how to reset it? Thanks!
Delete Luma/plugins/default/CTRPFData.bin (or something similar)

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I really have to use “Luma3DS with Plugin Loader?” Will I not be able to update Luma by using it? (As in, if I update it I lose the Plugin Loader)
it doesn't sound very convenient.

Also, Filetrip has closed so I can't download Gateshark codes. Not to mention how hard it is to look for anything in the Downloads section of GBAtemp.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I downloaded the Luma3DS mod, renamed my existing boot.firm to boot.firm.backup2, transferred the new boot.firm over using microSD manager (the one in Settings)...and now I'm getting a "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" error.

Err...why?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the Luma3DS mod, renamed my existing boot.firm to boot.firm.backup2, transferred the new boot.firm over using microSD manager (the one in Settings)...and now I'm getting a "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" error.

Err...why?
11.8 and over requires a higher luma version. You likely downgraded luma too far, which is why you get the error.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
11.8 and over requires a higher luma version. You likely downgraded luma too far, which is why you get the error.
Everything works fine without this new boot.firm, and I haven't updated Luma for quite some time; I just went into GodMode9, renamed the new boot.firm to "boot.firm.no", then renamed my previous boot.firm back to "boot.firm".

I can use my New 3DS XL again, after that, without having to update Luma. I'll just use BootNTR until I can be bothered to update Luma (though I don't get why BootNTR has three selections; why wouldn't I use 3.6?).

Idrolitina

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so, guys, I am experiencing problems running CTRPF... which is ridiculous because I was able to run it a few days ago on O3DSLL with the same Luma firmware and exploit. Am I right assuming that I can use this with Luma 10.1.3-d3ff3ea on a N3DSLL? I have the green flash when I start a title if I put the action replay plg in the NTR Boot folder but then it flashes again red and nothing happens .. any suggestions? thanks you so much!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so, guys, I am experiencing problems running CTRPF... which is ridiculous because I was able to run it a few days ago on O3DSLL with the same Luma firmware and exploit. Am I right assuming that I can use this with Luma 10.1.3-d3ff3ea on a N3DSLL? I have the green flash when I start a title if I put the action replay plg in the NTR Boot folder but then it flashes again red and nothing happens .. any suggestions? thanks you so much!
Is that plugin outdated? You can try downloading the latest version from the Nanquitas playground discord server.

Idrolitina

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@PabloMK7
thank you for your message and sorry for very noob the question. I joined the discord .. do you or perhaps someone here can suggest me how to look for the files? I am not allowed to send messages. thanks!
Also, I used this version (like exactly the same files I think lol) for a 3DSLL (same fw, same exploit) like 10 days ago. This is really the thing that drives me crazy lmao

Last edited by Idrolitina,

DarkSeele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@PabloMK7
I'm not completely sure if this is the place to ask/report this, but using the most recent version of the plugin loading Luma3DS and CTRPF 0.6.0,
if plugin loading is enabled (N3DSXL), at first everything seems to work with the plugin enabled but then I've realized having it on completely disables (C-Stick, ZL & ZR).
Starting the Input Redirection to fix it doesn't work :( anymore it gives me:

Code:
Plugin loader

Couldn't map process
    Error code: 0xE0A01BF5

Reactions: jelbo

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me to install this?
I am using this version of Luma: https://gbatemp.net/download/luma-10-2-with-redshift-and-twlbg-switcher.35619/
I downloaded `ActionReplay.7z`, extracted it and moved the `ActionReplay` folder in `luma/plugins`, but pressing Select in game does nothing. I also enabled `Plugin Loader` in Rosalina menu of course.
I need this mainly to look for values using the `Search` function.

Fixed, `CTRPluginFramework.3gx` from Nanquitas's Playground works with the Luma version I'm using.
Unfortunately opening it causes the video to freeze in Devil Survivor.

Last edited by SkullHex2,
Reactions: Nutez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU