CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Nanquitas, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Langley

Langley Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    United States
    Any help installing this? I'm on a japanese 3ds on 11.10.0 and Luma 10.0.1 and I'm a bit confused. When I replaced my boot.firm file I was getting an error "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch" and had to replace it back.

2. Nutez

Nutez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The other side of paradise.
    "Note: the pm reimplementation currently breaks NTR CFW to some extent (in particular game plugins). The abandoned "NTR CFW" is now unsupported, even if it may work."
    Luma v10 does not support NTR anymore. Best to keep an old v9.1 build payload around. I would recommend switching to Fastboot to make managing multiple boot.firms easier.

3. Langley

Langley Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    United States
    I heard that I didnt really need to update Luma to 10.0.1 and that 9.1 would still work with 11.10.0. I have Luma updater and its backup is 9.1, can I do that instead of Fastboot?

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Came back from a hiatus on here just because of this thing giving me all sorts of troubles... Been using the search function on some games a TON, meaning I have huge lists of Free Cheats I made, but after a while I've gotten annoyed by how the plugin crashes the 3DS if I try to exit to the Home Menu, plus having to load NTR CFW first every time and the fact that this stupid thing keeps for whatever reason deleting all my Free Cheats so I have to re-make 100+ cheats for some games (which take ages because there's no direct way to import/export the free cheats even if you know the addresses), so I'm looking for a way to convert the Free Cheats into Gateshark to use with Rosalina's cheats to simplify things. Anyone can help me out with how I can go about doing it? Just moving the cheats as-is only makes them turn red on Rosalina (which I assume is due to offsets being wrong as Gateshark has more than just the single-line "address [space] value" form of each cheat or an "Always On" line needed before the cheat and I don't know what the other lines need to be as I don't have that much experience with Gateshark)...

5. Ighnir

Ighnir Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2019
    France
    I dont' undersatnd how to install ctrpf

6. SNBeast

SNBeast Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    United States
    Hi, if you're using this and don't get why it isn't working, the attached Luma version does not support System Menu 11.8 and above. Instructions with a more up-to-date version of Luma are here: https://github.com/SNBeast/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES

7. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Whats different about this? You link back to this very thread where it mentions getting the luma which runs this? Its seems like a runaround for absolutely nothing.

8. SNBeast

SNBeast Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    United States
    Ha, I should remove that link. You should be reading the readme, which says how to do the process. Should mention here that it is a fork of someone else's repository.

What's different is that 1. That link has a more up-to-date Luma version that unlike the version on this post can boot on 11.8+ and 2. The page has all the cheats compiled in a single folder that you can simply drag to the SD root with no changes, and that I keep those cheats up to date with the ones on Sharkive and Checkpoint.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted