ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Ok ... so no more cheating for me until your new version comes out :cry:
Will you attempt to get your new plugin loader integrated into the official luma3DS release? This way, situations like the current one will no longer happen ...

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok ... so no more cheating for me until your new version comes out :cry:
Will you attempt to get your new plugin loader integrated into the official luma3DS release? This way, situations like the current one will no longer happen ...
You can still use NTR to boot ctrpf until then (v3.3 will works fine). ;)

And yes, it's a possibility. They'll take a stance when the code will be ready.
Also, I doubt I'll ever do a second plugin system :P

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I am confused on how im supposed to install this. should I put the ActionReplay.7z directly into my sd root? or am I supposed to extract it, then put ActionReplay.plg into the sd root? and whichever one it is, is that all I have to do? and all I do to launch it in games is to press select?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

accualy could you just guide me through the whole prosses of getting + activating action replay? do I need something that can already read ctrpf codes and action replay is an add-on? or is all of it in action relpay?

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked! thanks.
is there a way to use this and the cheats menu that was in luma? (not at the same time)
do you know what im talking about?

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized im on luma 8.1.1
can I update luma to 9.1 while this boot.firm is in use, or do I need the official boot.firm from luma? will it overwrite this one?

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a name issue, it's a quick release so I didn't update tags etc.

Note that if you change the boot.firm you won't have the plugin loader.
so even though it says v8.1.1 when I hold select during boot, I might be on the newest one? I don't remember what it said earlier before a used your boot.firm. is there another way I can check my luma version?

or does this version with the plugin loader not count as any luma version because it isn't by AuroraWright?

Last edited by Rdpruitt,

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
I compiled a new Luma3DS boot.firm based on current version (9.1) and merged the plugin loader into it. As far as I could test it, it works good.

By the way, it's pretty easy to build your own luma with plugin loader support - just follow these steps:
- Download luma3DS source with git and compile it with devkitARM and the tools mentioned in the luma3DS readme (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/blob/master/README.md)
- If that succeeds and you get a working boot.firm in "out"-directory, you know that your toolchain is complete - now you go ahead an patch the source.
- type "make clean" in Luma3DS directory
- apply the attached patch (patch.diff) - this patches two files: sysmodules/rosalina/source/menu.c and sysmodules/rosalina/source/menus.c
- download Nanquitas source here: https://gitlab.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS-PluginLoader
- copy the following directories from Nanquitas source into the Luma3DS directory: pmExtension, pmExtension_O3DS
- copy the following files in directory sysmodules/rosalina/include from Nanquitas source into the respective directory in Luma3DS: pmExtension.h, pmExtension_O3DS.h
- type "make" in Luma3DS directory
Now, you should have a current Luma3DS version (boot.firm) including Nanquitas plugin loader in your "out"-directory

Hope this is useful to anyone

Attachments

• boot.7z
    120.1 KB · Views: 214
  • patch.7z
    2.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by Badda,
Reactions: Nutez

Rdpruitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled a new Luma3DS boot.firm based on current version (9.1) and merged the plugin loader into it. As far as I could test it, it works good.

By the way, it's pretty easy to build your own luma with plugin loader support - just follow these steps:
- Download luma3DS source with git and compile it with devkitARM and the tools mentioned in the luma3DS readme (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/blob/master/README.md)
- If that succeeds and you get a working boot.firm in "out"-directory, you know that your toolchain is complete - now you go ahead an patch the source.
- apply the attached patch (patch.diff) - this patches two files: sysmodules/rosalina/source/menu.c and sysmodules/rosalina/source/menus.c
- download Nanquitas source here: https://gitlab.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS-PluginLoader
- copy the following directories from Nanquitas source into the Luma3DS directory: pmExtension, pmExtension_O3DS
- copy the following files in directory sysmodules/rosalina/include from Nanquitas source into the respective directory in Luma3DS: pmExtension.h, pmExtension_O3DS.h
Now, you should have a current Luma3DS version (boot.firm) including Nanquitas plugin loader in your "out"-directory

should I just put the boot.firm into my sd card? is that it?

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can you compile firmtool v1.3 for me? the release is only source code and i am only trying to learn how to do this.

I did try..i really wanted to learn this.. but i did update devkitPro, add it libctru-1.5.0.tar to the files to libctru folde on devkitPro
i just have no idea with this go ctrtool,ctrtool.exe,makerom,makerom.exe and i have no idea where to put this one either armips.exe
and to make it even worse i downloaded the source for firmtool but no idea how to use it. so i guess out of all this i only did the update
of libctru-1.5.0.tar that the folder was located in the C:/ devkitPro. Haha at least i try..(TOT)

Last edited by Jvhellraiser,
Reactions: nin187

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have and issue with the boot.firm you uploaded i notice that when i enter Rosalinda menu there is 2 option to disable plugin loader
one do what it suppose to do the other just takes me to a registry type menu can you cheack and compile a correct version of it or this error
is in luma directly?

38612510_171145293679741_3243305641170698240_n.jpg

Last edited by Jvhellraiser,

nin187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you compile firmtool v1.3 for me? the release is only source code and i am only trying to learn how to do this.

Me too. I've downloaded all the files but have no idea how to compile it.
So I decided to learn Python and made a github account.
Wish I could make a tool by myself one day.

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau

I did try..i really wanted to learn this.. but i did update devkitPro, add it libctru-1.5.0.tar to the files to libctru folde on devkitPro
i just have no idea with this go ctrtool,ctrtool.exe,makerom,makerom.exe and i have no idea where to put this one either armips.exe
and to make it even worse i downloaded the source for firmtool but no idea how to use it. so i guess out of all this i only did the update
of libctru-1.5.0.tar that the folder was located in the C:/ devkitPro. Haha at least i try..(TOT)

Firmtool is a python script and does not need compilation. Just follow TuxSH installation description:
- Install Python >= 3.4
- execute "pip install cryptography"
- execute "pip install git+https://github.com/TuxSH/firmtool.git" - alternatively download firmtool and execute "python setup.py install" in firmtool directory

Thats it ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have and issue with the boot.firm you uploaded i notice that when i enter Rosalinda menu there is 2 option to disable plugin loader
one do what it suppose to do the other just takes me to a registry type menu can you cheack and compile a correct version of it or this error
is in luma directly?

38612510_171145293679741_3243305641170698240_n.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. That is a O3DS-specific problem and I didn't have an O3DS to test.
Attached the new boot.firm and the new patch file.
These should work on O3DS as well.

Attachments

• boot.7z
    120.1 KB · Views: 227
  • patch.7z
    2.3 KB · Views: 203

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...