Ctrclient failed to connect ...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nacimem, Feb 11, 2015.

1. nacimem
    OP

nacimem Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    France
    Hello everyone,

Well here I expose you worries,

I managed to downgrade my 3ds in 4.5, I managed to install the vulnerability profile and I also managed to launch CFW, only problem not install the DEVMEN I try anything, restart 3ds restart my LiveBox, restart the cfw, delete cfw reflash the nand on the sd, change ip, ip to fix, change internet box, nothing works I can not seem to install the damn DevMen. ...

Would anyone the solution?

Thank you in advance?

2. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    change PC? I had the same problem with my old computer, but i tried the method with another and it works :)

3. nacimem
    OP

nacimem Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    France
    Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of having another pc ...

4. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    But, A friend's computer? The instalation of DevMenu is fast!

PD: DevMenu or Big Blue Box are unstable in my 3DS CFW. I prefer to use BigRedMenu.

5. boomy

boomy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2006
    Keep trying. I got it to work randomly after multiple tries (several hours) at different locations. Trying a different computer might help too.try the wireless network roaming app and make sure it detects your 3ds

6. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    That's a wifi connection problem. Some have solved it by running the web browser right away when the CFW starts. If it works then everything should be good.
    Others just waited and kept trying until it finally worked. Some guy even said it worked after he performed a system format.

7. alxz0ne

alxz0ne Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Open all ports. Could be port blocked.
    Disable firewall on router.

8. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    For me when I tried to install the CFW the hardest part was installing DevMenu.

Some of the tutorials suggest using a network monitoring / ping software to ensure that your laptop can reach the 3DS thru wifi.

For me it seems that my router settings is the root of my problem. So what I did instead is use my Android phone as a makeshift Wireless LAN (Hotspot) and connect my laptop and 3DS there, DevMenu installed successfully that way.

9. lukas_2511

lukas_2511 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The

You are holding down the "L" button while starting CFW, right?...

10. vingt-2

vingt-2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2015
    Canada
    Two things I did before making it work:
    • Remove any form of security (pass) on my WIFI connection. (You can afford it for a 5 minutes...)
    • Deleted any other connection in CFW. The only one left was the connection to my pass-less SSID (thus in position 1).
    To change the connection settings, you have to boot in CFW normal mode (without holding L), change your settings, and then boot back into server mode CFW (holding L) and try ctrclient connect. That worked for me (twice).