Not open for further replies.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
Immortal_no1 said:
So for Our current example, we should wait and see what Crown3DS do, i wouldn't preorder anything until we have some real hardware. and definately more video's and pictures.

It wouldn't matter if this was real and in your hands right now, what are you going to play on it? Right now there's only the 3 supposed legacy releases. Assuming this does 1 game at a time using a 1:1 copy, this will be region locked, so also assuming those three games are even real, you only have a 1 in 3 chance of the game being the proper region. (I believe the 3 releases right now are european, but I could be wrong)

Will there eventually be dumps of 3DS games as widespread as DS ones? Yes, of course, but the main question is when. You can claim private dumps all you want, but that doesn't achieve anything. You can say people were waiting for a flashcart to release, but again, that doesn't help anybody right now.

I flash cart like this comes with a flasher to flash the games on to it, they also are used to dump games from retail cartridges.

You can back up your own games, or download the influx of new scene releases.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SignZ said:
@topic: I wonder why so many of you cry because there's no fancy gui... If I remember correctly, the first GBA and NDS flashcards worked pretty similar to the Crown3DS - only one ROM at the time, flashed onto the chip with a PC. They then started directly, without any menu and were (probably) also recognized as the real game.
Via a parallel port to make things worse! Sadly people growing up with flash carts means that they have no idea how difficult things are or used to be. I'd like to see them hardwire a ps2 mod.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Legacy, Why haven't the @$$ Holes said anything yet? Remember they said if some one figured out to load roms they would tell how they did it. Also when every one is screaming why this is not out by a "Reputable Team"? I have heard that many of them don't want the evil black hearted pirates to have the info. On the topic of "shovel ware" and good games not being done. Mega Man Legends 3D was cancel just because they just didn't feel like it. Not because of the fear it may be copied. (Jerks) Over all i say this is a first really step to a fully functional SNES Emu or perhaps a PS1 emu.... Ferret now continues his New found translated GBC game "Another Bible" on his 3DS.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty there is nothing wrong with patience. Don't go wasting your money on this crap. Let me tell you why. If you wait more teams will develop flashcarts just like this one and also further develop them into supporting the features the flashcarts use now. That is how I figure it.

People waited and guess what... 3DS 169.99 from 249.99. Now people waited and a team made this. Patience is the key here.

But hey if you got $99 then go for it.
smile.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a somewhat mixed feeling about this. First, it would be bad, because wether you like it or not, This is the beginning of piracy.. Wich will severley damage the systems reputation, wich will result in less companies being intrested in this little device.

On the other hand, a world of homebrew will open up for us. Think of the possiblities that will open up for Devs. If DScraft looks good as it is now for the NDS, with only 16mb vram, think of the possible outcome of a 3DS version, or many other kinds of Homebrew apps.

megavirus1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nooooooooooooooooo
dont hack the 3ds yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coz if you do everyone will get a flash cart and pirate the games out now
then the companies will leave nintendo alone...........................
hack the 3ds as soon as possible and release the flash cart when there are tons of great games (so in about 1.5 years....)

edit: plus it doesnt really prove anything except that they know how to wire some stuff
as loads of other people said before me ..... Where's the "hello world"
or give us atleast two games

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, about the earlier picture depicting Shenzen Guangdong, you must remember that Lightake, (i have mates there) is situated in that area too, as well as a lot of other companies/flashcard selling e-shops. If you look at the adress attached to the email about the subscription, you will find yourself in a area in china, in the industrial zone. I don't see what's wrong with that. Seems pretty legitimate if you ask me.

Edit: Mabey this helps: wiki link

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megavirus1994 said:
nooooooooooooooooo
hack the 3ds as soon as possible and release the flash cart when there are tons of great games (so in about 1.5 years....)

You mean, like they did with DS? Seems regardless of the piracy propaganda publishers perpetuated, they still invested ample resources into DS-game development. Heck, publishers are still releasing top-tier games for the system six months after the release of 3DS. The music industry went through the same growing pains with piracy. The end result? Some experts argued piracy actually helped the industry. Once they found a way to integrate their products in a way that made sense for the current trends, the music industry was more profitable than ever before.

It's neither here nor there, though. I think our community's main interests here are can and is this truly being done. The moral/financial dilemmas will be here when you back, trust me.
wink.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
babykane said:
I think its just like a piracy card.It will do nothing with the region lock.

Seems like this is the way things are going - see also 360 exploits where you need a 1:1 copy of the game. With modern, online enabled, updatable systems it's becomign more about making an exact copy than cracking protections. Which is sad, because I love me some cractros.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd love some 3DS homebrew, but pirating games right now will only make big games switch over to PSVita.

Do you all want that? I surely do not.

Shovelware will come out in every case, whetever the 3DS is pirated or not.

The only games that will suffer will be big-budgeted games (like a Metal Gear or a Final Fantasy) which might get canned for the fear of low sales due to piracy.

The 3DS market is still too small. Flashcards didn't have much of an impact on the DS because when R4s (the true first mass-piracy flashcards) and clones came out, the DS already sold millions of pieces, and people already bought lots of legit games for it, thus making the market profitable.

Think twice before rejoicing for a 3DS flashcard. At least right now.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
babykane said:
I think its just like a piracy card.It will do nothing with the region lock.

Seems like this is the way things are going - see also 360 exploits where you need a 1:1 copy of the game. With modern, online enabled, updatable systems it's becomign more about making an exact copy than cracking protections. Which is sad, because I love me some cractros.

I don't mind a 1:1 copy, It could be handy to test a game out, the price is too damn expensive though.

Nickoten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people really think piracy is why we have games like Petz? Shovelware will always exist, and it'll usually exist on the platforms that sell a lot and are cheap to develop for, i.e. Wii and DS. Piracy can certainly lead to us getting less games like Okamiden or Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's not going to particularly promote games like Petz. If anything those are more likely to continue to be released on the DS at this early point in time, because parents can still buy them for their children who have 3DSs.

If a 3DS card on par with what we have on the DS were to come out now, when Nintendo is on the verge of hitting their stride (If they ever will) with the 3DS, then this could really hurt it. But so far that's not the case, so there's no reason to be going all Chicken Little just yet. If Nintendo hits it big with the 3DS this holiday season it might be the momentum they need to fight the influence of piracy from cards like these.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
3DS flashcart? Unless they somehow managed to steal stuff from Nintendo, I'm considering this as stinky fake.

Because a flashcart needs its internal software (bootstrap + ROM launching menu), and coding such software would require knowledge about the 3DS hardware, which noone outside of Nintendo has atm.

And anyway, this will just please the warez kiddies, no homebrew as we can't encrypt/decrypt ROMs yet, so it's boring.

I'm 75% sure this is stinky fake from some attention-seeking kid, and 100% sure this is uninteresting to the real scene.

Edit- in the unlikely case this is real, they're gonna get sued quickly after they get it released. Because games are signed, they would have to steal data from an existing game to get their flashcart to work.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope this flashcard cost an arm and a leg or doesn't get released until many years from now or Nintendo shuts them down. It is still too early in the 3ds life, there are so few roms and dumping them isn't easy, and with the Vita coming around the corner this could convince developers to switch over to that.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GeekyGuy said:
megavirus1994 said:
nooooooooooooooooo

You mean, like they did with DS? Seems regardless of the piracy propaganda publishers perpetuated, they still invested ample resources into DS-game development. Heck, publishers are still releasing top-tier games for the system six months after the release of 3DS. The music industry went through the same growing pains with piracy. The end result? Some experts argued piracy actually helped the industry. Once they found a way to integrate their products in a way that made sense for the current trends, the music industry was more profitable than ever before.

It's neither here nor there, though. I think our community's main interests here are can and is this truly being done. The moral/financial dilemmas will be here when you back, trust me.
wink.gif

europe did miss out on some games, according to the publishers because of piracy.

QUOTE(Mega-Mario @ Sep 16 2011, 03:09 PM)
3DS flashcart? Unless they somehow managed to steal stuff from Nintendo, I'm considering this as stinky fake.

Because a flashcart needs its internal software (bootstrap + ROM launching menu), and coding such software would require knowledge about the 3DS hardware, which noone outside of Nintendo has atm.

And anyway, this will just please the warez kiddies, no homebrew as we can't encrypt/decrypt ROMs yet, so it's boring.

I'm 75% sure this is stinky fake from some attention-seeking kid, and 100% sure this is uninteresting to the real scene.

Edit- in the unlikely case this is real, they're gonna get sued quickly after they get it released. Because games are signed, they would have to steal data from an existing game to get their flashcart to work.
from the looks of it they did practically no coding, it looks like they rebuilt the hardware, but replacing the read-only memory with writeable memory.
that would explain why it boots straight to the game, shows the game logo in the 3ds menu, and works with only 1 game at a time.

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch this all be a scam from Nintendo
biggrin.gif
I mean look at this thread, I have seen about 10 ppl say "3DS flash cart, time to buy a 3ds!" Then boom project fake, 3ds bought, profit earned by Nintendo xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning