Hacking Creating a North American, non-XL New 3DS

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to titles such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, or ones that you didn't mention?

Going to give this a shot momentarily, hopped out of bed as I read your earlier post. :P

What I would do is not use DevMenu at all, for all US titles. It's a lot simpler/cleaner and it seems to have worked for Yifanlu.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generated the xorpad and used 3DSFAT16 but the decrypted emu.iso isn't mountable. I generated the xorpad in SysNAND, was I supposed to do it in EmuNAND instead? Are xorpads different between sysnand and emunand?

EDIT: Generated another xorpad in emunand and the resulting emu.iso still won't mount. I've tried dumping the SysNAND.bin and using the xorpad generated on SysNAND and that won't mount either. Am I doing something wrong?

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all the tools to do a region change between an old3DSXL and new3DS publically available now?

Anyone else successfully create xorpads for N3DS yet and change regions yet?

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both questions, assuming that Decrypt9 actually works. Which it should—Archshift knows what he's doing—but no one has actually confirmed that they've been able to generate a working Xorpad yet.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm beginning to wonder if the xorpad generated on the n3ds with Decrypt9 is actually valid. I've tried almost everything to get the iso to mount and tried 2 different tools to xor/un-xor the fat16 file. To be sure I'm not doing anything wrong I dumped my old 3DS' NAND and xorpad with multi-decryptor and used the same tools to decrypt the nand and the resulting emu.iso mounted just fine so I don't think it's an issue with the tools I'm using.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm beginning to wonder if the xorpad generated on the n3ds with Decrypt9 is actually valid. I've tried almost everything to get the iso to mount and tried 2 different tools to xor/un-xor the fat16 file. To be sure I'm not doing anything wrong I dumped my old 3DS' NAND and xorpad with multi-decryptor and used the same tools to decrypt the nand and the resulting emu.iso mounted just fine so I don't think it's an issue with the tools I'm using.
are you sure you split the nand correctly, cearp made a tool that works fine with the n3DS for splitting the fat16 partition, i will see if the xorpads made by decrypt9 are ok shortly

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure you split the nand correctly, cearp made a tool that works fine with the n3DS for splitting the fat16 partition, i will see if the xorpads made by decrypt9 are ok shortly
Yup I'm using cearp's 3DSFAT16tool with added XOR support and made sure to have the -n3ds flag set. Hopefully you'll have some luck with your xorpads as I haven't been having much success

gog3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just gave it a shot and it isn't working for me either.

Edit: my xorpad also has the same hex string repeated.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fired up a hex editor and looked at the Xorpad made from the decrypt9 .3dsx from Wowfunhappy's post. I can confirm it's just a repeating hex string.. weird :/

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can see, there's literally only one roadblock left (which some people apparently haven't had). Once that's out of the way, would it be okay to ask for a finalized tutorial? I'm not sure if the previous theoretical tutorials are up to date.

gog3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd compile another 3dsx file, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I managed to create a bin and an elf file but I've got no clue after that.

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else should try compiling it. I can't imagine what I could have done wrong but that's the most likely point of failure by far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...