Crash when using Cheat Codes on Rosalia

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kiano, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Kiano
    OP

Kiano Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Portugal
    Hi,

My issue is that every-time that I run any cheat code from the Rosalina menu the game crashes, no matter if it's a ds cartridge or an installed cia.
    I've tried to enable/disable the Game Patching but the result as always the same, these are my specs: old Nintendo 3ds (11.10.0-43E) with luma 10.0.1 .

I've attached the crash dump and a picture of the crash.

Attached Files:

2. stevePlays

stevePlays Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2018
    Brazil
    more info please

what game is it?
    what cheats are you trying to use?

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Look in his attachment. Its a kirby game.

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You are trying to use cheats on a game, with Luma 10.1, probably with NTR CFW which if you had read the Luma 10.0.1 release notes says is no longer supported, so yeah, read release notes next time, NTR only works with up to 9.1 currently as the module used for it was patched out.

"Translation" error only comes up during first loading the game since the process happens right after the 3DS logo plays, so I have to assume it's that and not cheats through the Rosalina menu. However, if you are getting the error once you open Rosalina after you have loaded into at least the main menu without NTR CFW and use cheats from there, then it's just very badly made cheats with wrong addresses so find new cheats.

5. Kiano
    OP

Kiano Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Portugal
    S
    So I've try both with Pokemon X (ds cartridge) and Kirby Planet Robobot (install via cia)
    , and I get quite the same errors.

I've downloaded the cheats using the Sharkive app, and started the game, and for the Rosalia cheat's menu I've tried several cheats, for example Walkthrough Wall, Instant messages (Pokemon X), Save completed3 100% (Kirby Planet Robobot).

I'm not using any NTR plugin for the cheats, neither loaded it.

I get the "Translation" error after I've enabled any cheat and get in/out to refresh the game. I'll try to look for new addresses then.

6. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    From what you've said, sounds like it's almost definitely bad cheats. However, first make sure to update the games to their latest versions, as cheats on databases like Sharkive are only for latest version and between versions addresses can change, resulting in crashes if you use the wrong cheat (or wrong region). If you have updated the games and still crashing, look for the cheats elsewhere and add them to the .txt file meant for the game. If that doesn't work either, consider re-copying all the Luma files to the SD card (low chance but something may not have copied over properly when first getting Luma), so just re-download the latest release and replace the boot.firm.