Hacking Crash when using Cheat Codes on Rosalia

Kiano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,

My issue is that every-time that I run any cheat code from the Rosalina menu the game crashes, no matter if it's a ds cartridge or an installed cia.
I've tried to enable/disable the Game Patching but the result as always the same, these are my specs: old Nintendo 3ds (11.10.0-43E) with luma 10.0.1 .

I've attached the crash dump and a picture of the crash.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000001.zip
    429 bytes · Views: 340
  • photo_2019-08-11_20-23-53.jpg
    photo_2019-08-11_20-23-53.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 872

stevePlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

My issue is that every-time that I run any cheat code from the Rosalina menu the game crashes, no matter if it's a ds cartridge or an installed cia.
I've tried to enable/disable the Game Patching but the result as always the same, these are my specs: old Nintendo 3ds (11.10.0-43E) with luma 10.0.1 .

I've attached the crash dump and a picture of the crash.
more info please

what game is it?
what cheats are you trying to use?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You are trying to use cheats on a game, with Luma 10.1, probably with NTR CFW which if you had read the Luma 10.0.1 release notes says is no longer supported, so yeah, read release notes next time, NTR only works with up to 9.1 currently as the module used for it was patched out.

"Translation" error only comes up during first loading the game since the process happens right after the 3DS logo plays, so I have to assume it's that and not cheats through the Rosalina menu. However, if you are getting the error once you open Rosalina after you have loaded into at least the main menu without NTR CFW and use cheats from there, then it's just very badly made cheats with wrong addresses so find new cheats.

Kiano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
S
more info please

what game is it?
what cheats are you trying to use?

So I've try both with Pokemon X (ds cartridge) and Kirby Planet Robobot (install via cia)
, and I get quite the same errors.

I've downloaded the cheats using the Sharkive app, and started the game, and for the Rosalia cheat's menu I've tried several cheats, for example Walkthrough Wall, Instant messages (Pokemon X), Save completed3 100% (Kirby Planet Robobot).

You are trying to use cheats on a game, with Luma 10.1, probably with NTR CFW which if you had read the Luma 10.0.1 release notes says is no longer supported, so yeah, read release notes next time, NTR only works with up to 9.1 currently as the module used for it was patched out.

I'm not using any NTR plugin for the cheats, neither loaded it.

"Translation" error only comes up during first loading the game since the process happens right after the 3DS logo plays, so I have to assume it's that and not cheats through the Rosalina menu. However, if you are getting the error once you open Rosalina after you have loaded into at least the main menu without NTR CFW and use cheats from there, then it's just very badly made cheats with wrong addresses so find new cheats.

I get the "Translation" error after I've enabled any cheat and get in/out to refresh the game. I'll try to look for new addresses then.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I get the "Translation" error after I've enabled any cheat and get in/out to refresh the game. I'll try to look for new addresses then.
From what you've said, sounds like it's almost definitely bad cheats. However, first make sure to update the games to their latest versions, as cheats on databases like Sharkive are only for latest version and between versions addresses can change, resulting in crashes if you use the wrong cheat (or wrong region). If you have updated the games and still crashing, look for the cheats elsewhere and add them to the .txt file meant for the game. If that doesn't work either, consider re-copying all the Luma files to the SD card (low chance but something may not have copied over properly when first getting Luma), so just re-download the latest release and replace the boot.firm.

VaalAlves

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Slight necro, i know, but how the hell is there still no fix for this?
I've checked countless threads and there simply is not answer.
Every single Pokemon x/y cheat, all Monster hunter xx cheats and pretty much all other games i've tried it on simply crash.
Even games that i used to be able to use cheats on back in ntrboot days simply crash.
I've the latest version of luma and the correct version of the cheats (same version as the game) yet it simply refuses to not crash.
Same exact error as op.
Has anyone found a fix for this?

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one at all is interested in figuring out why cheats don't work on the 3ds?
That's just highly improbable.

Probably correct. It's quite a hard thing to do it you think about it. And for that level of skill there'll be paid work... And more people are working on the switch now.

Wii is in the same situation with gecko codes.

It won't shouldn't always crash. You can turn a cheat on during gameplay. Then off say at the end of a level. Not a perfect workaround. You may have to experiment with when to turn off. Or fingers crossed someone will update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it