Crash After Booting Into Latest Atmosphere - Please Help!

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I downloaded Atmosphere 1.6.2, Firmware 17.0 and the latest sigpatches. Installed the firmware using Daybreak as usual. Everything was fine.

Upon rebooting my switch using Tegra and going into my Custom Firmware, after 5-10 seconds, I get the screen and message seen below. This has never happened before.

I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this to no avail. Booting into stock shows no issues whatsoever and I am not connected to Wifi on my switch.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Attachments

• 397982308_332361496086543_2562488639818770644_n.jpg
    397982308_332361496086543_2562488639818770644_n.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 22

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere not installed correctly
Really? Ive had this switch for 2 years and never had this happen before. Ive always deleted the old Atmosphere files and replaced them with the new ones :/
Post automatically merged:

Ive also just updated Hekate and re downloaded all the new atmosphere stuff-still getting the message. What gives?

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it seems obvious, but how would I find that out? I think it was/is when I set it up 2/3 years ago.

If it blanked out, you need to setup DNSMitm if you aren't using a dns blocker, loading atmosphere with blanked serial number without dns blocker would crash on firmware 17.0.0

Doesn't look like you are using exosphere, did you used Incognito ?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Holy cow that's a bad exosphere.ini file. Never allow writing to the cal. Do you happen to have Tinfoil installed on your Switch? Because it's probably possible you used it to blank since cal writing is active.

EDIT: Try adding this to your Switch - https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#dns-mitm (ignore the top part about exosphere since you already have it)

Reactions: Hayato213

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If it blanked out, you need to setup DNSMitm if you aren't using a dns blocker, loading atmosphere with blanked serial number without dns blocker would crash on firmware 17.0.0

Doesn't look like you are using exosphere, did you used Incognito ?
I believe I did/do use Incognito yes.

Holy cow that's a bad exosphere.ini file. Never allow writing to the cal. Do you happen to have Tinfoil installed on your Switch? Because it's probably possible you used it to blank since cal writing is active.

EDIT: Try adding this to your Switch - https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#dns-mitm (ignore the top part about exosphere since you already have it)
Yes I do have Tinfoil installed

Thanks-Should I copy the Emu or Sysnand ones?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Then you need to use the method above so you can enter your Switch again. Then I highly recommend you restore your prodinfo with tinfoil's incognito option.

Once you get your serial number back, edit your exosphere.ini and change the 1 to 0 on the cal option.

Reactions: Hayato213

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try DNSMITM
How do I do this? Is this the link Linuxares posted? Sorry
Then you need to use the method above so you can enter your Switch again. Then I highly recommend you restore your prodinfo with tinfoil's incognito option.

Once you get your serial number back, edit your exosphere.ini and change the 1 to 0 on the cal option.
Am I copying the Emu or Sys one? Thanks

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How do I do this? Is this the link Linuxares posted? Sorry

Am I copying the Emu or Sys one? Thanks
Open notepad
Copy the addresses
Save as default.txt
Copy it to atmosphere/hosts/
Try booting your Switch again. Just block it on both until everything is solved.

DNSMITM = The function to block certain dns names. Hench "Domain Name System Man In The Middle"

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Open notepad
Copy the addresses
Save as default.txt
Copy it to atmosphere/hosts/
Try booting your Switch again. Just block it on both until everything is solved.

DNSMITM = The function to block certain dns names. Hench "Domain Name System Man In The Middle"
Ok-that worked! Thanks guys

Now what?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
See if you can restore your blanked serial number see if you have a backup of your prodinfo.bin
Boot Tinfoil and see if you can restore your prodinfo (aka revert incognito)

Updated Tinfoil and booted it up. Im on incognito now. What am I looking for/doing on incognito?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here