Can't boot into Sysnand (after updating to 17.0) and Emummc issues now too

obierice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't updated my Switch in a while so I updated Atmosphere to 1.6.2 and my firmware to 17.0 on my Sysnand. However, I didn't realize that updating to 17.0 on Sysnand is an issue, and I can't even boot into sysnand anymore.

I was originally able to boot into Emummc but I noticed it was quite a bit slower (booting games etc.), and now in the middle of playing Mario RPG, it just went black. I can boot into Hekate but booting Emummc is incredibly slow and basically gets stuck at the Nintendo Switch loading screen.

What can I do to fix it? Is there a way I can downgrade? Is 17.0 on sysnand the issue? My firmware on EmuMMC is still on 16.1 I believe.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can use the search function at to of the site. This issue has been answered several times on several threads. You need to block big N networks. Using DNSMITM or disabling your router.

If you card is getting slow maybe the card is getting old or damaged

Is you can copy everything (including raw partition if you have it) to another card. Also can be the 1Bit socket problem but hekate informs you

Opening a new thread about an answered issue will not give you better chance of an answered

obierice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use the search function at to of the site. This issue has been answered several times on several threads. You need to block big N networks. Using DNSMITM or disabling your router.

If you card is getting slow maybe the card is getting old or damaged

Is you can copy everything (including raw partition if you have it) to another card. Also can be the 1Bit socket problem but hekate informs you

Opening a new thread about an answered issue will not give you better chance of an answered
Firstly, thank you for the response.

I did do a search, and I found a thread regarding the 17.0 sysnand issue (it won't let me post the link), but from what I can tell from this response: "If you updated sysmmc to fw17.0.0 and cannot boot the Switch anymore then you need to update Atmosphere to 1.6.2 and boot sysmmc with Atmosphere once. That will fix it. No need to restore".

I am already on Atmosphere 1.6.2 and I tried booting into sysmmc but that did not work as it still freezes at the Nintendo Switch loading screen. That was the most recent posts, and then the thread has been locked.

I also blocked N servers by using emummc.txt - I believe I did this correctly and I think this is what you mean by DNSMITM.

My bigger issue is now my Switch won't load on Emummc either and I wasn't sure if that was due to the 17.0 update that I made (I only did this on Sysnand, I did not update from 16.1 on Emummc), or if it just coincidently happened to be bad timing and is due to a bad SD card. I figured a damaged or slow SD card would only be an issue when playing games, not booting up into Emummc.

I apologize if it feels like I just jumped to opening a new thread - I did do some searches and tried to find relevant solutions but I'm limited in my technical knowledge and it can be a bit overwhelming as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto