Switch crashes after installing atmosphere

Nscl1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks I give a go using this guide. Should this work if my switch is banned ?
Proper noob 🙃
Post automatically merged:

Is there a video guide . Sorry I’m lost here. Even looking at the guide I’m still not sure what to do . My son won’t help me

Last edited by Nscl1991,

ignasardhi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My switch also crashed after atmosphere booting. Can someone help me with this ? FW 17.0.0 Atmosphere 1.6.1
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-22 at 21.16.08.jpeg

Nscl1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
am i able to still hack my switch if i have 17.0 OFW ? or shall i wait until an officil release from Atmosphere

sorry for being dumb here

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
am i able to still hack my switch if i have 17.0 OFW ? or shall i wait until an officil release from Atmosphere

you can mod it, the only drawback is some type of no official software will not work, and some Sysmodules need to be updated yet.

so you can but will no full working, unless you only use official software.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country

switch is hackable, its just that 17.0.0 requires more work than devs expected.

for now once you have hekate, atmosphere and emummc setup. you can just downgrade your current emummc (not the sysmmc) from 17.0.0 back to 16.1.0 using daybreak and after that, you can apply all those sigpatches for 16.1.0.

the end results here is, you sysmmc is still on 17.0.0 while your emummc is on 16.1.0 for homebrew and other stuff.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
switch is hackable, its just that 17.0.0 requires more work than devs expected.

for now once you have hekate, atmosphere and emummc setup. you can just downgrade your current emummc (not the sysmmc) from 17.0.0 back to 16.1.0 using daybreak and after that, you can apply all those sigpatches for 16.1.0.

the end results here is, you sysmmc is still on 17.0.0 while your emummc is on 16.1.0 for homebrew and other stuff.
Why do you couldn't downgrade the SysNAND from 17.0.0 to 16.1.0?

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you couldn't downgrade the SysNAND from 17.0.0 to 16.1.0?
well you can if you havent managed to burn the fuses yet... check hekate what are your fuse values, if the fues values is still withing the same range from 16.x.x firmware, then you can downgrade but its probably going to be a ban risk at this point if you touch your sysmmc and downgrade it.

PADBXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some testing and sacrificed my switch to the brick elders. If you have a blanked serial and dns-mitm on at the same time you don't get the error code.

Which means we can use this error as a method to test if Ninty makes new servers for telemetry?

Reactions: ewabc886 and Tokiwa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
well you can if you havent managed to burn the fuses yet... check hekate what are your fuse values, if the fues values is still withing the same range from 16.x.x firmware, then you can downgrade but its probably going to be a ban risk at this point if you touch your sysmmc and downgrade it.
ok, but Atmosphère take care of the fuses, so if you have a high fuse count and you start your SysNAND using Atmosphère no problem at all.

The problem is only when you start OFW from SysNAND.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, but Atmosphère take care of the fuses, so if you have a high fuse count and you start your SysNAND using Atmosphère no problem at all.

The problem is only when you start OFW from SysNAND.
its my personal preference, why bother if your efuses is already burned anyway, just stick with emummc and do all you downgrades there, its much safer to begin with.

Nscl1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got a guide on how to downgrade. My switch is banned already so that won’t be an issue.
If I downgrade will that stop my switch from crashing?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So atmosphere has been updated to work now with 17.0 ? Do you have a guide 👍
yeah, Atmosphère, Hekate, and Sigpatches are updated to support FW 17.0.0 you must to read the Atmosphère thread. for atmosphère you need to go to "tags" section on release page, because Atmosphère 1.6.1 is a prerelease and is not listed on latest release.

Nscl1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ok I’ve tried again to hack using up to date files and I’m still getting the below error . What am I doing wrong here . Can anyone help me get past this crash
Thanks

Hi
Ok I’ve tried again to hack using up to date files and I’m still getting the below error . What am I doing wrong here . Can anyone help me get past this crash
Thanks
Sorted it. I managed to get into settings and turn my WiFi off . It don’t crash now all I need to know is how to install .nds files 🙃

Ok guys. When I try to install Tinfoil it is saying corrupt data and it won’t run ? Any ideas ?

yeah, Atmosphère, Hekate, and Sigpatches are updated to support FW 17.0.0 you must to read the Atmosphère thread. for atmosphère you need to go to "tags" section on release page, because Atmosphère 1.6.1 is a prerelease and is not listed on latest release.
Hey
When I try to install tinfoil it’s saying corrupt data any ideas ?

This is what I get when trying to run tinfoil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by Nscl1991,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Have you blanked your prodinfo either via exosphere.ini og the incognito payload? That is known to cause that crash when wifi is accessed. That could also explain why your first issue was solved by disabling wifi

Another question. Do you use DNSmitm (default.txt or emummc.txt in atmosphere\hosts). If not then try to do that first. If that doesn't solve your issue then stop blanking your prodinfo and check again

Last edited by petspeed,

Nscl1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you blanked your prodinfo either via exosphere.ini og the incognito payload? That is known to cause that crash when wifi is accessed. That could also explain why your first issue was solved by disabling wifi

Another question. Do you use DNSmitm (default.txt or emummc.txt in atmosphere\hosts). If not then try to do that first. If that doesn't solve your issue then stop blanking your prodinfo and check again

How would I know if ive blanked my prodinfo? Sorry new to all this . My WiFi is disabled now and the switch boots up fine in atmosphere . It’s when I try to install tinfoil it’s saying corrupt data
I do have default.txt in hosts folder
Cheers

How would I know if ive blanked my prodinfo? Sorry new to all this . My WiFi is disabled now and the switch boots up fine in atmosphere . It’s when I try to install tinfoil it’s saying corrupt data
Cheers
If I delete the exosphere.ini file will that do anything ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cheers

If I delete the exosphere.ini file will that do anything ?
Stop using Tinfoil, use DBI installer instead

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users