kire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CR-5400 Micro SD(HC) Dual slot adapter
This is for helping people with their adapter. first it will review the hardware then there will be a FAQs section.

Ask questions in this thread and any one is welcome to comment, will add anything helpful here.
Any suggestions on how to organize this is appreciated.

REVIEW
there are two models the Black model and the White model
Its official name is Photofast CR-5400 micro SDHC > Memory stick ProDuo adapter.
This is compatible with any PSP (probably anything that uses Memory Stick proDuos)
This has two micro sd slots each can have a max of one 16GB micro sdhc, so the max this adapter can ever have is 32GB
This adapter does any thing the official ones can: prx. plugins, ISO, homebrew.
The adapter is fragile handle with care

The only thing i have found to not work is using this adpater as a magic memory stick (sorry never tried it with just one memory card). It will work as a magic memory stick if you have one card in slot-1.
Magicgate is not supported.

CAUTION:The black model( is not sold any more) is known to break if you turn on the PSP(phat) with the adapter still in.

TIPS
Anakir said:
When you have one microSD inserted, insert a second one even if it's only 128mb 'cause it runs faster when there's two microSDs inside.
* The Speed of the adapter will be the speed of the slowest micro sd inserted
* Once you format the adapter with two Micro sd do not take them out. The formatted SDs will not work in other devices unless formatted to those devices.
* Do not switch the positions of the SDs or they will not work.

FAQ

Q: Will this work as a Magic Memory stick?
A: Yes, just use one card on slot-1

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question:

Say I had two 1GB microSD cards and a 2GB ISO, could I have the 2GB image split between them using this adapter???

kire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you format the adapter with two memory cards they act as one, if you take them out they wont work with other devices untill you format them.

so, yes it would be split, but it wont affect game play

Once formated it will act exactly like a normal memory card will act.
a 2GB memory card cant hold 2GB of information, formatting will take up some space.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kire said:
a 2GB memory card cant hold 2GB of information, formatting will take up some space.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of how that works. I just don't feel like writing about 1.46 GB ISOs and such. It's a waste of time.

And thanks for the answer. One more question, what is a reliable dealer of these devices?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So will it work to hack an unmodded PSP 3.95 OFW? Because I have one, and was looking to get a Kingston 4 GB MicroSD + this adapter to flash my PSP with CFW. If it works as a MMS, then yes, I will get it.

Just looking for confirmation, as we've had one no and one yes.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pyrofyr said:
It does NOT support MagicGate, you should NOT try it.

What has MagicGate gotta do with it? You can create a MMS out of a fake DX MS Pro Duo card which is non-MG compatible, so I really don't see the difference.

Can anyone shed some extra light on this? Or, even better, can you create a magic memory stick using just one card in the adapter (e.g. 1 Kingston 4 GB MicroSDHC)?

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
HBK said:
Pyrofyr said:

What has MagicGate gotta do with it? You can create a MMS out of a fake DX MS Pro Duo card which is non-MG compatible, so I really don't see the difference.

Can anyone shed some extra light on this? Or, even better, can you create a magic memory stick using just one card in the adapter (e.g. 1 Kingston 4 GB MicroSDHC)?

Exactly!

My Magic stick works perfectly on CR-5400: i flashed my Slim to upgrade to 5.00 M33 with no problem!
yaynds.gif

@ HBK: I didn't try with only one µsd, as i 've got 2 Sandisk 8 GB full of music, movies & comics!
If i find a free one in my house (yeah!...i've got a DS too!
tongue.gif
), i promise to try & to come back saying if it worked or not!

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yummy said:
HBK said:
Pyrofyr said:

Exactly!

My Magic stick works perfectly on CR-5400: i flashed my Slim to upgrade to 5.00 M33 with no problem!
yaynds.gif

@ HBK: I didn't try with only one µsd, as i 've got 2 Sandisk 8 GB full of music, movies & comics!
If i find a free one in my house (yeah!...i've got a DS too!
tongue.gif
), i promise to try & to come back saying if it worked or not!

Thanks, I would really appreciate it since this is quite a good solution instead of crazy expensive MS Pro Duo cards, and if it's possible to make a MMS from one card (two would be complicating it, since it maps the addresses and reads it as one card), then I'll get that.
smile.gif

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One more time, yes it works as a "magic memory stick". Magicgate has nothing at all to do with anything here.

To the person wondering if it can be used with one card...

The answer is yes. Just put the card in slot-1.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
HBK said:
Pyrofyr said:

sony supposedly gave a restriction to psp's not to boot to recovery menu (pandora battery) without having a magicgate memory stick... but as the comments say... i guess that's not true

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
HBK said:
Thanks, I would really appreciate it since this is quite a good solution instead of crazy expensive MS Pro Duo cards, and if it's possible to make a MMS from one card (two would be complicating it, since it maps the addresses and reads it as one card), then I'll get that.
smile.gif

That is the point! MS Pro Duo are too expensive!
mad.gif

So, here is the result (after sacrifying all the M3DS Real datas on it! LOL ) :
- Removed the 2 Sandisk 8GB from the CR-5400.
- Put a A-Data SDHC 4 GB Class 6 in the slot1
- Formated through the PSP
- Installed IPL for time Machine & DDC v8 (for 5.00 M33)
- inserted pandorized battery....

...& everything was OK!! No prob to start a DDC with only 1 µsd!
wink.gif

- Removed A-Data
- back-in the 2 Sandisk

...again, everything was OK! No data lost, no card broken or whatever else!

yay.gif

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, i got a 16GB MPSD w/ Magicgate at Fry's back in the day for $60. Which is faster, the MPSD 16 GB or this microSD to MPSD thing at 16 GB?

Ahua_Keren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm using it on phat PSP with sandisk 8GB x2 and no problem at all.
I have 16Gb on my DSL, but still waiting the price drop so I can buy another 16Gb to reach 32GB.

very recommended card if you're seeking 32GB storage for PSP at this moment.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had this adapter for a while and I love it! Sure, the write speeds are blazing, but I'm using Class 4 cards and the speed hacks with 5.00 M33-6 make up for it. I honestly say the MagicGate thing doesn't really matter, because I've seen no other issues in performance other than a minor speed difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-