How to make my PSP 3000 with Homebrew handle a 1TB Micro SD Card?

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I searched everywhere for tutorials on how to format a 1TB micro SD Card for the PSP 3000, but none are working... Even THIS tutorial -
https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48418
turned out to be a complete failure, even after following every steps. I am using a single adapter card and a 1TB micro SD Card bought from Best Buy. What do you guys use to properly format your huge micro SD cards for your PSP for creating a BIG Memory stick? Thanks for your help.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSP can only use 32GB or lower cards "officially". 64GB cards formatted to FAT32 CAN work, but issues start cropping up. So unless you re-write part of the PSP kernel to support over 32GB, then I think you know your storage limit.

Reactions: kite21 and rantex92

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the tutorial said they didn't try using sdcards above 200GB and they didn't know if they would work, it was only theoretical. Try the tutorial with a 128 GB and see if that works. If it does, then there you go, the PSP can't handle anything above it, if not, maybe you are doing something wrong. Or maybe it's the fact that the model in the tutorial was a 1000 and yours is a 3000.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I recall the days when sticking 2x16gb into my PSP felt like overkill (not to me - still didn't manage to fit in everything I wanted to), but those days have clearly sailed. But yeah, my understanding at the time was that 32gb was the (advisable?) limit, an expensive one at that.

Please update on the progress if you keep trying. I'm very interested :)

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you really want to use such a big stick, You should think about upgrading to a PS Vita then. I can't tell, if it supports up to 1TB but in every aspect it's superior to any PSP, especially the Screen. When i compared my PSP 2000, 3000 and VITA OLED, I decided to sell the PSPs, because the (PSP) game looked so much better on Vita...
Also the price for a 1TB mSD should still be the multiple of that of a PSP..

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I bought an 128GB micro SD Card and formatted it to FAT32, but the console CANNOT read it... It can't format it either... I'm about to give up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up