Need help cleaning up my SD Card

BraixenIsTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So here's what's going on. It's been a LONG time since my SD Card has gotten a proper clean up and it's to the point I'm not exactly sure how to help it. It's performance has been steadily going down hill probably because it's being bogged down with a bunch of junk. I use a FAT32 1TB Micro SD Card. I boot into Emunand using Fusee. To my knowledge, everything is up to date. Firmware, Atmosphere, Sigpatches, ect. I can't seem to be able to unlink my Nintendo ID even when using the proper methods. Which is VERY unfortunately cause now 90% of my games are saying, you must have a Nintendo ID to play this game. On top of everything else, Tinfoil won't download games right and I keep getting a 2002-4153 error upon launching a game. Here's what some of my stuff is looking like. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.png
    2.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.png
    3.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.png
    4.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.png
    5.png
    66 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.png
    6.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 7.png
    7.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 8.png
    8.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 9.png
    9.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.png
    10.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 11.png
    11.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 38

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card is just a storage medium. It doesn't matter how many things are on it unless it's full. Only what is requested by the OS will be loaded.
Where I'd start:
  1. Make a complete backup of the card & emunand
  2. Do a destructive read/write test with the tool of your choice to verify that the hardware is still good
  3. Reinstall hekate/ams/sigpatches & test
  4. Rebuild emunand & test
  5. If everything checks out, restore your emunand backup & test
That will likely illuminate your issue.

BraixenIsTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card is just a storage medium. It doesn't matter how many things are on it unless it's full. Only what is requested by the OS will be loaded.
Where I'd start:
  2. Do a destructive read/write test with the tool of your choice to verify that the hardware is still good
1. Working on dumping the entire SD card into a back up on my PC.
2. Don't know what a destructive read/write test is or what tool to use.
3. Will this figure out what issues I've been having with Tinfoil/that one error/ect?
4. This dump is probably gonna take another 2 hours before we can proceed. All I know is, everyone swears by FAT32 so hopefully all is good there.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Working on dumping the entire SD card into a back up on my PC.
2. Don't know what a destructive read/write test is or what tool to use.
3. Will this figure out what issues I've been having with Tinfoil/that one error/ect?
4. This dump is probably gonna take another 2 hours before we can proceed. All I know is, everyone swears by FAT32 so hopefully all is good there.
2. Get h2testw and run a write + verify test. It will erase everything on the card so make sure you're happy with your backups
3. You'll want to install/test tinfoil at each point to see where/if it starts to fail.

You can also skip the emunand restore if you just backup your saved games, create a new emunand, then restore your saves and re-install your games. As is typical, there are multiple paths to the same end goal of rebuilding your sdcard.

BraixenIsTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where I'd start:
Made a full back up of the SD Card on my External. How do I proceed from here.

What brand is the SD card?
SanDisk Extreme 1 TB Micro SD Card. It's been serving me well.

BraixenIsTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so as an update, I got Zelda working but I still wanna go through with a thorough clean out just in case it may fix some other issues like not being able to play my previously downloaded games cause it requires a Nintendo ID which I can't get any app to unlink mine for me.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello. So here's what's going on. It's been a LONG time since my SD Card has gotten a proper clean up and it's to the point I'm not exactly sure how to help it. It's performance has been steadily going down hill probably because it's being bogged down with a bunch of junk. I use a FAT32 1TB Micro SD Card. I boot into Emunand using Fusee. To my knowledge, everything is up to date. Firmware, Atmosphere, Sigpatches, ect. I can't seem to be able to unlink my Nintendo ID even when using the proper methods. Which is VERY unfortunately cause now 90% of my games are saying, you must have a Nintendo ID to play this game. On top of everything else, Tinfoil won't download games right and I keep getting a 2002-4153 error upon launching a game. Here's what some of my stuff is looking like. Any help is appreciated.
you need to install sigpatches again, donwload latest from the thread. and use LinkAlho to link your profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...