Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just to let you know, i'm waiting on pins and needles lol,
could you let me know if this version will have the force NTSC on it?
thanks

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Excellent
biggrin.gif

Don was the blog all right for you? Also is there anything you want me to do before we release?

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cd:
everything is fine. i might recompile the alpha4 tonight after i've fixed transparency (i really want it to be working for this release) but if it last too long we'll stick on what i've said yesterday:
- keep small covers for now (faster)
- flat cover in settings.

catch you later on msn.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Don, that sounds like a plan then.

Guys your gonna have to wait a little bit longer
tongue.gif
It's looking nice though and the transparency that Don is working on does look much better than the flat case in settings, so it's worth the wait.

Once we get it out, any feedback will be appreciated and ideas considered.

Cheers

Cronium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you guys planning on making the image location user defined? Reason is I have been trying lots of different USB loaders and I dont want to have copies of my image files everywhere.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
The loader config.txt allows you to change the directories by simple editing. However I can't confirm 100% that Don implemented it yet for Alpha4. It might still be locked to the folders as default.

I do know that you can alter the image coordinates so you can change where you want the game images and consoles to any area you want to, which is really nice.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
USB Loader v0.9 alpha4 by DK :
http://rapidshare.com/files/229226922/CF7_rev9a4-050509.zip

Yep, it's finally out... by now here's what it's able to do (alpha4):
QUOTE said:
- updated to waninoko's usbloader v1.5, so non working games should now be working.
- improved and cleaned the code.
- new way to display pictures quicker... really need to work on this.
- removed the "small" cover folder so it lags a little bit as they're resized on the fly (need to thread it...).
- added 3d cover of the game in the settings.
- ability to launch the game from the settings screen (avoiding to return to the main screen to run the game if game's settings were changed).
- downsized the boot.dol from almost 3M to 474kb.
- use our own artwork instead of the native pictures of usbloader when there's a path error (with a line stating that there's an error with paths not to get confused).
- improved the config.txt with a new arguments:
- you can now edit the text/background colors (to match a theme for example, see the config.txt for more).
- transparency for both the console and pictures (background or covers)
- option to show your prefered games first.
- each pictures' coordinates can now be set (to match a theme for example, see the config.txt for more).
- the main console & the settings console coords can also be edited now.
- widescreen support introduced, not yet really tested: give us your feedback.
- added the save/discard game settings (video/language/ocarina per game settings).
- now displays the game name/id/size and also how many games are installed on hd with game/free size in the option screen.
- added Force PAL50/PAL60/NTSC (thx to Narolez).
- added more hdd compatiblity fix (thx to Narolez).
- game's name is now centered...
- load and run games without any glitch/color issue.
- ocarina cheats ability.
- auto download missing covers from the net and fixed a previous bug.
- added the option to either return to the HBC or SytemMenu when HOME is pressed.
- switched all paths (for your images cdreams ^^) into the extern config file.
- added the hd 30 sec delay to detect slower hds (lopst fix? can't remember the name).
- improved the wbfs compatibility.
- display the settings screen when BUTTON B is pressed.
- save settings per games when button 1 is pressed.
- force pal/ntsc/ntscj or auto video for games.
- force language to console/game/user settings.

Get more informations here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148...t&p=1909482

@Sledge1:
so expect Duke Nukem for ever to be out tomorrow pal ^^ nah, just kidding.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I have updated the 1st post also so you can also get files from there and see new features. Hope you all enjoy.

Once again Well done to the guys on this, especially Don Killah. The guys been incredible and worked his ass off to get this done.

Let us know your feedback and experience using the loader. Does something feel un-intuitive or not look right, let us know and we will look into it.

Cheers.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
UPDATE

Sorry made a small error in information there regarding the 3D covers.

If you already have images inside sd:/usb-loaderAB/covers/, then the loader will use those in the settinsg screen and so you won't get the 3D cover as intended. You will only get it if you downlaod and add the 3D cover with the transparent backgrounds to sd:/usb-loaderAB/covers/3d/ yourself.

The best way to deal with this is remove all your images if you can and turn on auto download of covers and it will automatically grab the correct images for both folders and then you can enjoy the 3D covers in the Settings page. Obviously if you have a larger game collection then your probably best to get them from Djtaz's website and just add them to sd:/usb-loaderAB/covers/3d/ and then it will work as planned.

I'm going to speak with Don tomorrow hopefully and see if there is a way to make that more seamless as it kind of confused me for a minute or so and then I tried deleting my images and re-downloaded them using the download functiona nd it got both images for me. But if I never did that all I got was the 2D image in Settings Page.

Anyhoo. Just wanted to make sure it was clear for everyone using it if they are wondering why they don't have the 3D cover there. Try the above and it should work. I must say it's worth the extra effort though as it makes it look so much better.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
What's funny is everyone was waiting earlier today for this but they are all in bed now. They are going to be surprised when they get up and it's been on all night
tongue.gif

Maybe I will have another little surprise tomorrow. Nothing major just a little tease of something
wink.gif

RjT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice Work guys was half expecting coverflow to be added from Ups code, has anyone said anything about getting a pink screen? (I also got a green screen which is mentioned in the readme, they both look the same except for colour
smile.gif
)

Corto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this is my first post to GBAtemp and it's about time ...

I've started playing with the Usb loader on Saturday, and I've been following closely this forum since then ...

I have to admit your loader is one of my favourite but since the bug (with 30+ game) I was desperate for you guys to come up with a fix ...

And so you did, too bad for me it's the morning and I'm at work so I'll have to wait 8-10 hours before trying it !!!!

Anyway, I've downloaded it and I'm reading the different txt files in it. Good Doco by the way ...

Anyway, what I really want to say is Great Job so Far, keep up the good work ...
I'll try to give as much feedback as I can ...

Now will it be too much asking for you guys to create a dedicated Channel forwarder .. maybe ... in time ... Your apps got style and I want it display on my Channel menu ...

All the Best

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah I hope to have a channel made at some stage as it is definitely easier for it to load direct from the Wii Menu.

Make sure you read the little info a few posts back about the 3D covers. I will get it added to the instructions document so it's clear and hopefully Don can work something out to resolve the issue. But for now you will need to do it one of the ways I said if you want 3D covers in settings page.

I recommend it though as it does look so much nicer than a flat cover.

Corto, thanks for your comments, it's appreciated, and everyone else for that matter.

Corto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Yeah I hope to have a channel made at some stage as it is definitely easier for it to load direct from the Wii Menu.

That would be so neat ...

cdreams said:
Make sure you read the little info a few posts back about the 3D covers. I will get it added to the instructions document so it's clear and hopefully Don can work something out to resolve the issue. But for now you will need to do it one of the ways I said if you want 3D covers in settings page.

I still have 8+ hours work so I have time to read & be prepare for tonight testing ..

cdreams said:
I recommend it though as it does look so much nicer than a flat cover.

Agreed ... but I will Try both ( I already have all covers in both flat & 3D format ...)

.... and I promise I won't do nested reply anymore ... takes too much space ... sorry ...

QUOTE(cdreams @ May 5 2009, 09:55 AM)
Corto, thanks for your comments, it's appreciated, and everyone else for that matter.

As I say, I've been following your thread on an hourly basis since Saturday ... it's about time I get involve in the discussion ...

Also I think it's important for everyone to give their feedback according to their specs, so you guys can build a better Killer app ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh