Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loader for AKAIO gives me an error...temporarily unavailable...can you host it somewhere else
tongue.gif
?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again Spinal. New loader is awsome, access to akmenu works brilliantly.
gbasp.gif

Can anyone help. I am trying to make a cover for akmenu.nds. so far I have come up with this.

akmenu.png

If I could get the same picture with a completely black back ground it would be perfect. Unfortunatly I only have the image files in the Adv.EvoR skin to play with.

Cheers
grog.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
I photoshopped my own cover together...
Without the Ace Kard All In One:
akaio.png
With the Ace Kard All In One
akaio2.png
Pretty decent job there
wink2.gif
, except "Ace Kard" should be one word Acekard.
AK is simply an abbreviation of Acekard, not a representation of two words. I know this can be considered minor, but it doesn't look right (to me, anyway).

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix'd

akaio2.png

Spinal: What is the real resolution DScover uses for the covers? It resizes it and destroys the quality badly, but if I resized it via PS it shouldn't look as bad, right? So what is it :3? And how do I alphabetize the DS covers? There seems to be no option?..

Lanulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Thanks again Spinal. New loader is awsome, access to akmenu works brilliantly.
gbasp.gif

Can anyone help. I am trying to make a cover for akmenu.nds. so far I have come up with this.

If I could get the same picture with a completely black back ground it would be perfect. Unfortunatly I only have the image files in the Adv.EvoR skin to play with.

Cheers
grog.gif

Done
cExcC.png

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
Spinal: What is the real resolution DScover uses for the covers? It resizes it and destroys the quality badly, but if I resized it via PS it shouldn't look as bad, right? So what is it :3? And how do I alphabetize the DS covers? There seems to be no option?..

SDcovered uses 128x115 i think, or 128x114, something like that I can't remember, I check later. Anyway, there won't be much difference in the quality once viewed on the DS as it only have 15bit colour, so not only are you reducing the colours to 256, you are reducing each values of r,g,b to 5 bit. Plus dscovery applies dithering to reduce banding etc.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Xenon++ said:
Currently only r4/dstt/ak2/scds/m3real are supported. Won't there be cyclo/edge support.
Wait so I can load games using M3?
That is the general idea. Just make sure you are using Xenon++'s inilink and you should be good to go xD.

-edit-
btw, atm its only commercial games, not homebrew.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Rockstar said:
Xenon++ said:
Currently only r4/dstt/ak2/scds/m3real are supported. Won't there be cyclo/edge support.
Wait so I can load games using M3?
That is the general idea. Just make sure you are using Xenon++'s inilink and you should be good to go xD.

-edit-
btw, atm its only commercial games, not homebrew.
So if I use the kernal switcher with hacked R4i RTS then the games will autoboot and this can be set as the default firmware on my M3i Zero?
ohmy.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Darkmario, I didn't think yours looked too bad re-sized. Nice Job
akaio2.png

The other cover looks a tad graduated but still ok
akmenu.png

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately you cannot use inilink as default firmware due to different DSBooter header.
So if you want to use nds.inilink.nds, you have to launch TouchPod via iniclear when you want to use TouchPod menu.

And the loading time is so long. Here is boot chain:
DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format) -> TouchPod -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
In akaio, DScovered -> akaio loader -> akaio -> ak2loader.nds

7:4. How long it takes in M3!

Anyway please note save handling is quite unstable. So unstable that I won't use inilink on M3
frown.gif

I had to solve some puzzles again due to save corruption. If there weren't back up I got crazy.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xenon++ said:
Unfortunately you cannot use inilink as default firmware due to different DSBooter header.
So if you want to use nds.inilink.nds, you have to launch TouchPod via iniclear when you want to use TouchPod menu.

And the loading time is so long. Here is boot chain:
DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format) -> TouchPod -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
In akaio, DScovered -> akaio loader -> akaio -> ak2loader.nds

7:4. How long it takes in M3!

Anyway please note save handling is quite unstable. So unstable that I won't use inilink on M3
frown.gif

I had to solve some puzzles again due to save corruption. If there weren't back up I got crazy.
OKay I wont use it on M3, Ill just stick with sakura

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I cannot figure out what is the actual cause of data corruption. I need testers.

If M3 releases new Kaura, I can test with it if the issue has something to do with Sakura 1.44...

>DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format) -> TouchPod -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
Well, I use another chain:
DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> mshl2wrap -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format g6dsload) -> TouchPod(menu.***) -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
The chain is longer, but here mshl2wrap fallback to internal homebrew loader, so loading homebrew is OK.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
Well, I cannot figure out what is the actual cause of data corruption. I need testers.

If M3 releases new Kaura, I can test with it if the issue has something to do with Sakura 1.44...

>DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format) -> TouchPod -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
Well, I use another chain:
DScovered -> general extlink wrapper -> mshl2wrap -> inilink -> TouchPod kernel switcher(MoonShell2reset) -> TouchPod.nds (sakura format g6dsload) -> TouchPod(menu.***) -> startnds(auto boot to ROM)
The chain is longer, but here mshl2wrap fallback to internal homebrew loader, so loading homebrew is OK.

That's one hell of a work around just to use DScovered on an m3
tongue.gif

I am willing to test if you like. I have an m3i zero and a spare 2gb microsd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated