Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spinal - It seems that the latest build working good.
Can I have a request for the next update?
- Maybe working on touchscreen on the next build. - so we can use touchscreen to load game, etc?

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zulu12 said:
Cluny said:
AceKard2i
Dsi
Akaio 1.6

I got it working, but only for some games. It's almost like my loaders are out of date, but I just updated to akaio 1.6 so i don't see how that's possible.

for example I can get nsmb, chinatown wars and final fantasy 4 to work. But i can't get Elite beat agents, Soul silver or bowser's inside story to work (even though they worked before i started using this)

Any ideas?

(the app is VERY nice btw)

Cluny - you might want to check your loader again. Cause all of those game working fine when I test it. I am using akaio 1.6r1 with dscovery and all of them working fine.

can you direct me to where i could find the latest loaders?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
toxicflash - If you download the latest version from my website (http://spinalcode.co.uk/) you don not need to patch anything as there is an acekard version included. It's also work noting that Acekard is probably the easiest to set up, just instal AKAIO onto your card, then rename akmenu4.nds (from akaio) to akmenu.nds, then copy the akmenu4.nds from the DScovered download not forgetting the d_system folder. then setup the covers using dscoverey.exe also included in the download.

DarkMario616 - Nope, cheats do not work with DScovered, sorry.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awww, that sucks. Will it ever be implemented Spinal
ohmy.gif
? or what about being able to launch GBA games?

Just wondering ^^;

And if I do use this (with no AR, it's a bit iffy, I love the interface though), does anybody have covers for the NES/Gameboy/Jenesis emulators?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toxicflash said:
next 1st class noob question from me!, ive just added the cover files to the exe, it looks great on there but when the ones i added are viewed on dsi there completely messed up i noticed i had no pink bars on the top or bottom of the box art? any ideas from anyone how to convert them properly??
Copy cover from google images or other source. Resize width to 128 pixels preserve aspec ratio. Height should now be 114. Increase the canvas size 7 pixels top 7 on the bottom use pink (magenta) as background colour (should now be 128x128). Save as 8bit BMP or 256 colour BMP.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
ohmy.gif

Just wondering ^^;

And if I do use this (with no AR, it's a bit iffy, I love the interface though), does anybody have covers for the NES/Gameboy/Jenesis emulators?
I hadn't even thought of GBA games...

Anyway, I found these on a site that I wont mention because of the rules.

snemulds1.png
jenesisds1.png

lameboy1.png
nesds1.png

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
toxicflash said:
next 1st class noob question from me!, ive just added the cover files to the exe, it looks great on there but when the ones i added are viewed on dsi there completely messed up i noticed i had no pink bars on the top or bottom of the box art? any ideas from anyone how to convert them properly??
Copy cover from google images or other source. Resize width to 128 pixels preserve aspec ratio. Height should now be 114. Increase the canvas size 7 pixels top 7 on the bottom use pink (magenta) as background colour (should now be 128x128). Save as 8bit BMP or 256 colour BMP.

There should be absolutely no problem with using the .exe to convert the images. Are you sure you're doing it right (there aren't many steps at all). Do you have a photo of the messed up covers?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a dick head. I didn't even notice the browse button at the bottom of dscovery. I've been adding all the new covers manually.
wacko.gif

Edit: speaking of being a dick head. Is there any way to get a akAIO to run from DScovered? I added akmenu.nds and it goes into a re-boot loop when run. Games run well but I havn't found a way to run up the akAIO menu from DScovered. I thought it would be handy encase I needed to change save settings or cheats.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario92 said:
spinal_cord said:
Mario92 said:
HEY you are the same guy who made DSision 2! Why wouldn't you add SDHC and Xenon++ loader support to DSision 2? I have been using both to amuse my friends but havent been able to use 2 becouse of lack of SDHC support. (Now its also jumpin to d_system folder for some reason)
I'm sure Xenon++ posted a link a couple of pages back with a patch for updating Dsision1 and 2 with his updated loader.
Didn't notice that
rolleyes.gif

Now I just have to figure out how to use it (and under Linux...)
replaceloader chishm_small.bin DSision.nds
And if use linux just compile replaceloader.c(Actually win exes are only for noobs).

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
I'm a dick head. I didn't even notice the browse button at the bottom of dscovery. I've been adding all the new covers manually.
wacko.gif

Edit: speaking of being a dick head. Is there any way to get a akAIO to run from DScovered? I added akmenu.nds and it goes into a re-boot loop when run. Games run well but I havn't found a way to run up the akAIO menu from DScovered. I thought it would be handy encase I needed to change save settings or cheats.

I guess I'll look at that for the next release. Shouldn't be too difficult.

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have been using DScovered all night now and the only prob i can find with it has already been mentioned that there is no way to access the AKaio menu , other than that after using my brain to its full potential i got the covers loaded from url's and had no probs with anygames i have tried to play, its passes the Mrs's "Ermm what do i do to play games" test aswell RESULT!!

thanks Spinal cord and anyone else involved with the project, top homebrew app!!

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
zulu12 said:
Spinal - Skin Question?
What is the format for Dscovery skin? like top picture - resolution, etc?

Why not take a look in the skin folder?

Spinal - how do you change the color of the bottom screen? somehow the color did not come out correctly. I be able to change the middle and bottom to the color I like but on the top part is show complete different color.

By the way, where do you find the icon for your themes. I really like those icon in your video.

Here is mine....

[gradient]
# Now the gradient for the lower screen
# Top
TR=30
TG=144
TB=255
# Middle
MR=30
MG=144
MB=255
#Bottom
BR=30
BG=144
BB=255

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal_cord said:
DarkMario616 said:
ohmy.gif

Just wondering ^^;

I hadn't even thought of GBA games...

Anyway, I found these on a site that I wont mention because of the rules.

snemulds1.png
jenesisds1.png

lameboy1.png
nesds1.png

Have you other Homebrew Cover this is very Nice , Its Work Perfektly on DSIXL R4I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...