Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zulu12 said:
-By using Spinal dscovery.nds for acekard 2i. - You need to dldi with akard 2 and rename it to akmenu4.nds

so i rename dscovery.nds to akmenu4.nds? Do i just ignore the extra akmenu4 that comes with the download then?

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluny said:
zulu12 said:
-By using Spinal dscovery.nds for acekard 2i. - You need to dldi with akard 2 and rename it to akmenu4.nds

so i rename dscovery.nds to akmenu4.nds? Do i just ignore the extra akmenu4 that comes with the download then?

rename the original akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright it's booting up into dscovered correctly now, but when i go to boot a game, it goes back to akaio to launch the game and freezes on the loading screen

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluny said:
alright it's booting up into dscovered correctly now, but when i go to boot a game, it goes back to akaio to launch the game and freezes on the loading screen

Did you select akaio_loader under setting? and what firmware are you using?

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean loader_akaio.nds? and akaio 1.6

Edit: Okay, it's working with New super mario bros. now but it seems like all other games freeze up when loading.

re-edit: It seems older games are loading correctly but newer ones are freezing, but i just updated to akaio 1.6 so me loaders should be up to date...

SludgeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've done everything suggested for the acekard 2i using the edited akmenu4.nds renaming to akmenu.nds and dldi patching dscovery.nds but I still get the message "system file missing" whenever I try to boot my Acekard 2i.
I only get this message once I have renamed akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds and I am using Akaio 1.6RC1

edit: I still get the error with the edited akmenu4.nds even when it is still named akmenu4.nds as well.

Toa_235

Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
it works on AK2i for me but the loading process is a bit slow, but anyway its ok
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I confirm that DSCoverflow works on R4i-DSHC (not the real one as R4i-SDHC). It loads the games faster on a SD card than on a SDHC card. Thanks to the developers.

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
trnsln said:
I confirm that DSCoverflow works on R4i-DSHC (not the real one as R4i-SDHC). It loads the games faster on a SD card than on a SDHC card. Thanks to the developers.

PLease Upload , Your folder i have R4 DSHC to

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
HEY you are the same guy who made DSision 2! Why wouldn't you add SDHC and Xenon++ loader support to DSision 2? I have been using both to amuse my friends but havent been able to use 2 becouse of lack of SDHC support. (Now its also jumpin to d_system folder for some reason)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mario92 said:
HEY you are the same guy who made DSision 2! Why wouldn't you add SDHC and Xenon++ loader support to DSision 2? I have been using both to amuse my friends but havent been able to use 2 becouse of lack of SDHC support. (Now its also jumpin to d_system folder for some reason)

I'm sure Xenon++ posted a link a couple of pages back with a patch for updating Dsision1 and 2 with his updated loader.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
spinal_cord said:
Mario92 said:
I'm sure Xenon++ posted a link a couple of pages back with a patch for updating Dsision1 and 2 with his updated loader.

Didn't notice that
rolleyes.gif

Now I just have to figure out how to use it (and under Linux...)

QUOTE(Crazy-S @ Mar 21 2010, 05:12 PM)
Hi where do I find more covers for this
I just need the cover for Infinite Space an Wario Ware D.I.Y
That's easy. Google "Game name +boxart" or wikipedia. Save image to hard disk and open with DScovery.exe
tongue.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Guys I just updated DSCovered, you can get the latest version direct from my new website...

All future updates can be found at my new website http://www.spinalcode.co.uk/.

Update includes the following -
Fixed AK2i function.
Fixed reflections vanishing after settings/credits.
loader_ysmenu.nds save bug (I hope)

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AceKard2i
Dsi
Akaio 1.6

I got it working, but only for some games. It's almost like my loaders are out of date, but I just updated to akaio 1.6 so i don't see how that's possible.

for example I can get nsmb, chinatown wars and final fantasy 4 to work. But i can't get Elite beat agents, Soul silver or bowser's inside story to work (even though they worked before i started using this)

Any ideas?

(the app is VERY nice btw)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy-S said:
Hi where do I find more covers for this
I just need the cover for Infinite Space an Wario Ware D.I.Y
Firefox instructions
Right click on the picures below and choose save-as. Then choose all files and change the extension to filename.BMP
Rename the file to whatever 4 digit code DScovery recognises it as. If you want it named correctly create your own ini file in the Data folder of DScovery. Use an existing INI as a template and then rename to the same 4 digit code as the cover.bmp

infinitespac.png
wariowarediy.png

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right im probably going to get burnt at a stake for this N00b question but doesnt acekard auto dldi patch and if i need to patch it to work HOW DO I DO IT!???? i have read so much my brain is now in a state of frazzlement and just want an nice interface so that the Mrs cant bollox up her acekard AGAIN!!!

any help fully grateful

and thunbs up to all involved with this project looks very smart!

Forgot to add im running 1.6 rc.1 on a dsi with AK2i

Edit: added more info

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks amazing and I want to try it on my AK2i, but I have a very noob question that could be answered simply...I couldn't find the answer on the site so...

How does action replay cheats work now? Do you go into settings or what? I want to know before trying this
tongue.gif

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluny said:
AceKard2i
Dsi
Akaio 1.6

I got it working, but only for some games. It's almost like my loaders are out of date, but I just updated to akaio 1.6 so i don't see how that's possible.

for example I can get nsmb, chinatown wars and final fantasy 4 to work. But i can't get Elite beat agents, Soul silver or bowser's inside story to work (even though they worked before i started using this)

Any ideas?

(the app is VERY nice btw)

Cluny - you might want to check your loader again. Cause all of those game working fine when I test it. I am using akaio 1.6r1 with dscovery and all of them working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/8wi6dnzLcZ0?si=5zWGTK0CMXO3DJcb