Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Hey Spinal.

There may be a new challenge. Normmatt and Yellow Wood Goblin have just produced Wood R4 v1.04. Initial testing it looks to give the old R4 the same compatibility as the A2k, no ROM patching required.

Would it be possible to get DScovered working with this new firmware?

edit: I think I am half way there.
I have decrypted the _DS_MENU.DAT using r4crypt and renamed to akaio_loader.nds.
I have copied the DScoverd files to the SD overwriting the _DS_MENU.DAT from the R4_rpg firmware.
I then copied my modified akaio_loader.nds to the d_system directory overwriting.

Running DScovered: When I load a game it will dump me back into the _rpg firmware page. So basically it works but does not auto-load the ROM.

Spinal would it be possible to add another loader to DScovered? Call it rpg_loader. This will be the decrypted _DS_MENU.DAT from the R4_rpg firmware.

I am hoping that as _rpg and _aio are fairly similar and have similar directory structures and .ini files, DScovered can be modified so that when it is using the new rpg_loader it makes changes to the _rpg directory instead of the _aio directory so autorun will work.

Possible?
i was just about to ask how this was coming. guess i am just using WoodR4 by itself for now but pm me the link when you get it working

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
WoobiE said:
Ok, I've gotten past the part of FAT Init Failed, I'm in DScovered, I can see all the covers but I can't play anything. Once I try and launch a game or homebrew I would just get a freeze with the top screen pink. Any suggestions?
Which loader do you have selected in DScovered settings?
I've got the correct loader selected. I have the YSmenu loader selected and saved. But for some odd reason I keep getting the pink top screen and freezing.
My card is a original R4 with YSmenu.

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal_cord said:
to everyone asking, it should be no problem using the new R4 wood, that is, if there is an autoboot feature in it (i have not looked yet).

How much is the Limit of Games ?

Enybody Know who become Covers or i can make this self with a template

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have an original R4, and after some days of trying this, it works, cant say it doesnt, and it looks great, the problem lies in the ysmenu loader provided. I installed the newest YSmenu and then installed dscovered, boots fine and shows all my games and homebrew, but once I select a game, create a .sav file, play some minutes and then restart the DS the .sav file corrupts, so its like I never played the game.

I had other strange problems too, like the dissapearing of files from the card etc. So I went back to R4 1.18 FW and installed just the newest YSmenu as moonshell replacement (I didnt use it anyways) and the games now dont corrupt the .sav files, so the problem with dscovered wasnt the YSmenu but maybe the loader, not sure...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
Ok, I have an original R4, and after some days of trying this, it works, cant say it doesnt, and it looks great, the problem lies in the ysmenu loader provided. I installed the newest YSmenu and then installed dscovered, boots fine and shows all my games and homebrew, but once I select a game, create a .sav file, play some minutes and then restart the DS the .sav file corrupts, so its like I never played the game.

I had other strange problems too, like the dissapearing of files from the card etc. So I went back to R4 1.18 FW and installed just the newest YSmenu as moonshell replacement (I didnt use it anyways) and the games now dont corrupt the .sav files, so the problem with dscovered wasnt the YSmenu but maybe the loader, not sure...
R4 users forget YSmenu, Get Wood. I just got Wood! it's great.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I changed to wood just now and its amazing, I love the style, clocks, calendar, everything works fine, wario diy is great, just hope it keeps getting better.

But I dont think dscovered will let me launch games with wood, or would it?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so I'll appreciate if someone asks:
Acekard Official kernel and Acekard AllInOne support "autorunWithLastRom". If autorunWithLastRom=1 is written in globalsettings.ini, the NDS written in lastsave.ini will be launched automatically.
But WoodR4 and WoodRPG lacks this feature so I cannot use it as external launcher.
I'm glad if you add it.

###yup SuperCard EOS, which is based on WoodRPG, cannot be used as launcher with the same reason...

OzanOs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WOOD???
WTF is wood?? ill look for it...

edit:/
looks nice where can I find it? will look for it...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
OzanOs said:
WOOD???
WTF is wood?? ill look for it...
iv got wood
tongue.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:

Did you try removing the setting for soft-reset in DSCovered? a lot of people seem to be having trouble with that setting
frown.gif

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Apr 8 2010, 10:57 PM) Please install /TouchPod.nds also (137KB one).
I have not used loader_m3.nds but I can definitely say /d_system/touchpod.nds is only a launcher of /TouchPod.nds (DSBooter)

Spinal, could you correct the instruction?

So its /touchpod.nds and not _system_/touchpod.nds is that right?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Did you try removing the setting for soft-reset in DSCovered? a lot of people seem to be having trouble with that setting
frown.gif

1. Could you show me the source code (snippet) to set softreset?

2. Both /touchpod.nds and /_system_/touchpod.nds are required. This is a limitation but I cannot do anything until someone gets a DSBooter loader sample.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
spinal_cord said:
frown.gif

1. Could you show me the source code (snippet) to set softreset?

2. Both /touchpod.nds and /_system_/touchpod.nds are required. This is a limitation but I cannot do anything until someone gets a DSBooter loader sample.

1. I'll PM you.

2. Are you sure? I only have one TouchPod.nds on my card and its working well with my loader_m3.nds (modified from inilinik).

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spinal: How can I modify the order that games are in, I want that it is in alphabetical order but now its some sort of random.

it starts with gta ,then sonic ,then mario party etc. but how can I get it in alphabetical order on my card and p.c. app.?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Brawler said:
Spinal: How can I modify the order that games are in, I want that it is in alphabetical order but now its some sort of random.

it starts with gta ,then sonic ,then mario party etc. but how can I get it in alphabetical order on my card and p.c. app.?

That issue will be fixed in the next update, I already have it coded, just waiting for the current round of fixes to be completed and uploaded.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
spinal_cord said:
Brawler said:

That issue will be fixed in the next update, I already have it coded, just waiting for the current round of fixes to be completed and uploaded.

Okay thats cool!
rolleyes.gif

nicholasblock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spinal, I got it to work using the loader_m3. Also, I don't no if it is supposed to be like this but if I go into touchpod it will auto boot the last game I played through Coverflow. I actually kind of like that because if I just want to play a game I go through touchpod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, you planning on reusing the 580?