Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, has anyone got the FAT Init Failed?
I followed the Instructions that spinal_cord had supplied and got the right files but keep getting this error.

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've gotten past the part of FAT Init Failed, I'm in DScovered, I can see all the covers but I can't play anything. Once I try and launch a game or homebrew I would just get a freeze with the top screen pink. Any suggestions?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WoobiE said:
Ok, I've gotten past the part of FAT Init Failed, I'm in DScovered, I can see all the covers but I can't play anything. Once I try and launch a game or homebrew I would just get a freeze with the top screen pink. Any suggestions?
format your SD card

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
WoobiE said:
format your SD card
Your kidding right? I don't know what that has to do with the pink screen but I doubt that formatting will do any difference. I'll give it a shot but I doubt anything will happen.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoobiE said:
Which loader do you have selected in DScovered settings?

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal_cord said:
m3ds update

loader_m3 via megaupload

Use this loader, put touchpod.nds (not included, see Xenon++ kernal changer for it.) into your d_system folder.

that should be it, just load dscovered.nds from sakura or kaura or whatever.

Hi spinal This is a Very Nice App

But when i will start a game

I become every time a blackscreen

Only Homebrew is Starting Perfectly

I have DSTTI 1.4 Pal 8g Flashcard

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
If you're using ttds, make sure you have a working version of ysmenu on your card and make sure it is in the root of the card and called 'ysmenu.nds'. Also make sure you have loader_ysmenu.nds selected in the settings.

nicholasblock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Spinal, I have an M3i Zero and have tried the directions you listed on page 59 and then also tried the method posted a couple above me. I have tried reformatting and have completely restarted all the directions about 5 times and followed them to a T. The problem I have is when starting a game. It goes to a black screen on top and a blue screen on bottom. The blue screen says :

boot MoonshellExecute Soft reset Ver0.6b
May 25 2009 10:30:55 GMT+09:00
moonlight (modified by Rudolph)
DevkitARMr19b + libnds-20060719

EID: 00000000
AdapterName:
ShellPath:
FilePath:
FileAlias:
UnicodeFilename:
go to farmware menu. []

And this is where it stays, any advice?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
nicholasblock said:
Hey Spinal, I have an M3i Zero and have tried the directions you listed on page 59 and then also tried the method posted a couple above me. I have tried reformatting and have completely restarted all the directions about 5 times and followed them to a T. The problem I have is when starting a game. It goes to a black screen on top and a blue screen on bottom. The blue screen says :

AdapterName:
ShellPath:
FilePath:
FileAlias:
UnicodeFilename:
go to farmware menu. []

Weird. I have had no problems at all with my m3i zero. Are you sure loader_m3.nds is selected as the loader?
the only thing in the source code that I can find, should have displayed the following...

MoonShellExecute Soft reset
Moonlight (Modified by Rudolph, kzat3)
DevKitARMr30 + libnds 1.4.3 + libfat 1.0.7(modified)

and even then, I can't find any instance of it actually being displayed on the screen. Also, the lower screen should be green
blink.gif

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal_cord said:
If you're using ttds, make sure you have a working version of ysmenu on your card and make sure it is in the root of the card and called 'ysmenu.nds'. Also make sure you have loader_ysmenu.nds selected in the settings.

Hi Its Work 100 %

I have Dualboot Ymenu / DSTTI

I have Format my card and now ist work

Big THX

But who become i Some Covers for Homebrew and Games

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicholasblock said:

AdapterName:
ShellPath:
FilePath:
FileAlias:
UnicodeFilename:
go to farmware menu. []

So freezing in kernel switcher.
Please install /TouchPod.nds also (137KB one).
I have not used loader_m3.nds but I can definitely say /d_system/touchpod.nds is only a launcher of /TouchPod.nds (DSBooter)

Spinal, could you correct the instruction?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Spinal.

There may be a new challenge. Normmatt and Yellow Wood Goblin have just produced Wood R4 v1.04. Initial testing it looks to give the old R4 the same compatibility as the A2k, no ROM patching required.

Would it be possible to get DScovered working with this new firmware?

edit: I think I am half way there.
I have decrypted the _DS_MENU.DAT using r4crypt and renamed to akaio_loader.nds.
I have copied the DScoverd files to the SD overwriting the _DS_MENU.DAT from the R4_rpg firmware.
I then copied my modified akaio_loader.nds to the d_system directory overwriting.

Running DScovered: When I load a game it will dump me back into the _rpg firmware page. So basically it works but does not auto-load the ROM.

Spinal would it be possible to add another loader to DScovered? Call it rpg_loader. This will be the decrypted _DS_MENU.DAT from the R4_rpg firmware.

I am hoping that as _rpg and _aio are fairly similar and have similar directory structures and .ini files, DScovered can be modified so that when it is using the new rpg_loader it makes changes to the _rpg directory instead of the _aio directory so autorun will work.

Possible?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely I have to add "autorunWithLastRom" feature to WoodRPG.
#Possibly I can give goblin a patch then he commits to svn?

BTW does WoodRPG really work on R4 original?
Well, it only accepts SD but I have to get it... R4/DSTT/AcekardRPG multiboot in one flashcart... (But I have to decrypt xxx to xxx
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning