spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have just been testing a clearing feature for the m3 today, but for some stupid reason its not working.
For cards using ysmenu or akaio, just set homebrew to use external loader and load ysmenu.nds or akmenu.nds and the loader_ysmenu or loader_akaio will crear the autorun line.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brawler said:
linkinworm said:
anyone able to answer my questions a couple of pages back?

What is the question?
i have an acekard 2i, in the D_system folderdo i need the loader.nds loader_akaio.nds and the loader_ysmenu.nds?

and

is it needed that i replace the akmenu4.nds on the root of my card? i want to keep akaio upto date with the loaders

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
i have an acekard 2i, in the D_system folderdo i need the loader.nds loader_akaio.nds and the loader_ysmenu.nds?

and

is it needed that i replace the akmenu4.nds on the root of my card? i want to keep akaio upto date with the loaders

if you are currently using akaio, just rename akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds.
When you select a game in DSCovered, loader_akaio.nds tells akaio which game to load, then loads akmenu.nds (which is of course akaio).
loader_akaio.nds only tells akaio to load and has nothing at all to do with the acekard/akaio loaders so there is no problem keeping your loaders up to date.

** Can anyone who is having problems with .sav files corrupting when using ysmenu please try this loader_r4.nds (will also work on ttds ysmenu) and report back if the problem still happens?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spinal I have a suggestion: I do not know if it is possible but can you implant a cheat editor? Or make a ds app. beacause when I start akmenu.nds it starts loading dscovered! and if I want to edit cheats I need to replace the whole firmware!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Brawler said:
Spinal I have a suggestion: I do not know if it is possible but can you implant a cheat editor? Or make a ds app. beacause when I start akmenu.nds it starts loading dscovered! and if I want to edit cheats I need to replace the whole firmware!

Go into the settings in DSCovered and select 'Load Homebrew through external loader', then when you load akmenu.nds it should load normally.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got an AK2i (its not a clone as far as i can tell). it runs fine, no errors just using AKAIO. im a noob to ak, i've always been an R4 fan (and will still continue to be, this card blows). i renamed akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds, then i copied over the downloaded files to the root. all the covers are set, i can load dscovered using the akaio menu, but for some reason it says missing system file when i try to boot directly into dscovered. what is the issue?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
VashTS said:
i got an AK2i (its not a clone as far as i can tell). it runs fine, no errors just using AKAIO. im a noob to ak, i've always been an R4 fan (and will still continue to be, this card blows). i renamed akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds, then i copied over the downloaded files to the root. all the covers are set, i can load dscovered using the akaio menu, but for some reason it says missing system file when i try to boot directly into dscovered. what is the issue?

Do you have the latest version from http://spinalcode.co.uk/ds/dscovered/?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes its the latest version. ill download again just to make sure.

yeuup that did it. maybe first post should be updated? thats where i got the first one from. works great, thanks for the app man, i really appreciate the work, its looks amazing.

quick question, will there ever be an autodownloader for covers? i got them all with no problem but it would be convenient to download automatically.

if i may make a suggestion? return to AKAIO would be nice, or to avoid that a cheat code selector. or both. i want to edit cheats from dscovered, now i have to go switch the files back around to get back into akaio.

what would be really cool? to make it like the wii loaders, where you hit A and it loads the box off to the side, and then gives you a description of the game and lets you configure options before loading. much life CFG usb loader. that would make this the best loader in ds right now, and probably for ever. i don't think it would get any better than that, aside from making this a stand alone loader, but that is not really a big deal.

oh and background music. that would be sweet.

these are all ideas i had immediately after loading this app. its awesome the way it is though, just throwing ideas out there.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
VashTS said:
if i may make a suggestion? return to AKAIO would be nice, or to avoid that a cheat code selector. or both. i want to edit cheats from dscovered, now i have to go switch the files back around to get back into akaio.

Did you try this?

QUOTE(spinal_cord @ Apr 9 2010, 08:23 PM) Go into the settings in DSCovered and select 'Load Homebrew through external loader', then when you load akmenu.nds it should load normally.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
joybeba6679 said:
Ok, I have an original R4, and after some days of trying this, it works, cant say it doesnt, and it looks great, the problem lies in the ysmenu loader provided. I installed the newest YSmenu and then installed dscovered, boots fine and shows all my games and homebrew, but once I select a game, create a .sav file, play some minutes and then restart the DS the .sav file corrupts, so its like I never played the game.

Did you try removing the setting for soft-reset in DSCovered? a lot of people seem to be having trouble with that setting
frown.gif

Yes I did remove the soft-reset setting and the load from externally, loader Ysmenu was selected too. Maybe there is something wrong in the loader itself since ysmenu alone doesnt corrupt the saves.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:
Yes I did remove the soft-reset setting and the load from externally, loader Ysmenu was selected too. Maybe there is something wrong in the loader itself since ysmenu alone doesnt corrupt the saves.

Try thid loader_r4_no_reset.nds. It will not attmept to do anything to the soft reset function of ysmenu, so the soft reset status from each game will have to be set through loading ysmenu.nds.

See if that makes a difference?

** Are any TTDS/DSTT users having the same problem, or is it just an R4 thing?

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have over 200 Roms Pal on my DSI dstti but many covers are black when i will start the game

How become i covers for roms and Homebrew or a template

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
xboxreloaded said:
i have over 200 Roms Pal on my DSI dstti but many covers are black when i will start the game

took me a second to figure out what you are talking about there -- (black covers?)
there is a collection here. just copy the covers folder to where you have DSCovery.exe.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
xboxreloaded said:

took me a second to figure out what you are talking about there -- (black covers?)
there is a collection here. just copy the covers folder to where you have DSCovery.exe.
i was going to say take a few games off but this probably works too

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
joybeba6679 said:

Try thid loader_r4_no_reset.nds. It will not attmept to do anything to the soft reset function of ysmenu, so the soft reset status from each game will have to be set through loading ysmenu.nds.

See if that makes a difference?

** Are any TTDS/DSTT users having the same problem, or is it just an R4 thing?

I actually dont care about the softreset function, as long as the loader doesnt corrupt the saves ill be OK.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make a suggestion, why not switch the screens and have coverflow on the top screen, since in the bottom screen one cant launch a game from using the stylus, maybe it would be good to have the settings on the bottom screen and the images on top.

Also, it would be good, if the coverflow stays on the bottom screen, to tap a game and just launch it or edit its cheats, maybe its not possible tho...

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kleptodathief said:
does this coverflow work with moonshell 3.0 with the acekard 2i?

-- moonshell 3.0!?!?!?!

Yes it works on acekard, grab the latest version from my website (http://spinalcode.co.uk/)

-AK guide-
Install akaio, rename akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds
copy the akmenu4.nds and d_system folder from the dscovered download to the root of your card.
run dscovery.exe to set up your covers
when you run dscovered for the first time, goto the settings and set the loader to loader_akaio.nds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1