Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lajd said:
Benjay said:
yes , me
works like a charm with 002fix on

BUT : you will have to do the alt-dol trick with usbloader GX before , to watch the motion plus video.
then , you can use wiiflow to launch it.

if you had already played the japanese version of WSR , no need to do the alt-dol trick again , just launch WSR PAL directly from wiiflow , with 002fix on.

Would that be on cIOS rev13?

BTW, if you choose not to do the alt-dol trick, the game can be run from disc the first time and viewing the video from there. After that it can be loaded from the usb.

Just remember, WSR PAL won't work on NTSC systems (except, apparently, for the MotionPlus video). There's no NTSC code on the disc, so forcing NTSC will get you a green screen. If you've got an NTSC tv, you'll have to wait until the US release to play in english.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
I like what you're getting at with the animation spay.
smile.gif
I think for it to be perfect, the disc box image to the far left has to move at the exact same time as the one in the middle and the one to the right of the middle.

Thanks for trying to make this forwarder even better.
smile.gif

Oh! One more opinion, I thought making a different splash screen would be nice as well. I know you have something similar to the animation above as your splash screen with the disc boxes showing, but maybe even a more simple graphic would be nicer. Kind of like what USB Loader GX has done with their forwarder? It can say something like "Welcome to WiiFlow" then when the program starts, it shows the usual "Please Wait" message.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
yes , me
works like a charm with 002fix on

BUT : you will have to do the alt-dol trick with usbloader GX before , to watch the motion plus video.
then , you can use wiiflow to launch it.

if you had already played the japanese version of WSR , no need to do the alt-dol trick again , just launch WSR PAL directly from wiiflow , with 002fix on.

I guess this needs to go on Hiberns to do list
and do you need wii motion plus to play this?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm32 said:
ganons said:

yes, and if you want to do multiplayer, you need WM+ for each player
frown.gif

Not true in many cases. You need multiple controllers for swordfighting, dogfighting, racing (bikes and jetski), and tennis etc, but there are tons of games you can play in multiplayer with one controller: disc/dog golf, golf, archery, bowling, and more. Any game in which you can take turns, all players can use one Wiimote.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
@jservs7 edit
Now that's what's up.
wink.gif
Love the flow of it. If you can get it to move like its just flowing non stop, but in a nice slow pace I think it's perfect! Great job spay.

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
sm32 said:
ganons said:

yes, and if you want to do multiplayer, you need WM+ for each player
frown.gif

Not true in many cases. You need multiple controllers for swordfighting, dogfighting, racing (bikes and jetski), and tennis etc, but there are tons of games you can play in multiplayer with one controller: disc/dog golf, golf, archery, bowling, and more. Any game in which you can take turns, all players can use one Wiimote.

good catch, my bad. i forgot about those

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Jusy bought a USB HD and this loader makes the perfect partner.

Absolutely loving the interface and looking forward to the next iteration. Noticed a couple of very minor bugs and hoping for a few minor tweaks to get as close to 100% game compatablity as possible, but all in all an amazing loader.

This is working better than I hoped it would.

Thank you Hibernatus.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have any news either. So far i only have added a new settings menu for games, haven't tested it as i've added it when i was in a hotel, without the wii. I hope to get back to it this evening, but i'm not sure.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hibern said:
I don't have any news either. So far i only have added a new settings menu for games, haven't tested it as i've added it when i was in a hotel, without the wii. I hope to get back to it this evening, but i'm not sure.

Is the possibility to use different download sites for covers already implemented?

Why not release a beta 3 so we can help you test

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying