Hacking Coverflow demo

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrappy said:
First of all, thanks for this great piece of software, and thak you for NOT releasing 10 beta versions with new fixes and features every day!
I am very pleased with appearance and handling as it is.

Since there are already minor glitches reported i might add one.
Tested a friends hdd, which works fine with all loaders and holds > 150 isos, wiiflow exits automatically back to HBC after about 30 seconds, even if you do nothing. You can start any game within this time with no problem ( some 002 fixes and ALT Dol issues not counted).
It seems to relate to the cover loading from SD or an out-of-memory problem.
With my own hdd an < 40 isos everything runs fine, with the same Wii and SD Card, the same set of covers on the SD.
Has anyone noticed similar behaviour?
Make sure you download Beta 2 from the bottom of this post by Hibern.
I had the same problem, and he sent me a test version of Beta 1, where he solved the problem. I can confirm that Beta 2 also solved this problem for me, and now I have no problem with 200+ games. It sounds like you have the older version.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
Yeah confirmation from me that this loader works fine with cIOS rev 14
smile.gif
Wii Sports Resort and Ghostbusters loaded fine for me.

you must have some wii to get all loaders workin with rev 14 and WSR, i get 002 error even with the oo2 error fix on

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me start by saying that this is a great project and by far my favorite loader. I've been using it without a hitch since the first beta but now with the release of cIOS rev14, I have run into a problem. Apparently rev14 removed the 002 error fix from the cIOS and left it up to the loader, I know this because a handful of my games will not boot anymore, they got straight to Error 002. After tinkering with it for a bit, I found the "002 fix" option on page 4 of the settings, I went ahead and turned it on thinking that would fix it, but I'm still getting the same blue error screen on the same games. Here is my setup:
Wii (not LU64+)
System Menu 4.1U
WiiFlow beta 2 w/ theme
cIOS38_rev14

Thanks for the help

EDIT: It sounds like I might have an old version of WiiFlow beta 2, from before the correct 002 fix was implemented. I will redownload it and see if that fixes it. I kinda wish it was called 'beta 2.1' or something so that people like me notice that it was updated.

EDIT2: This fixed it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that Hibern has been waiting for rev14 to release, before he releases a new version of WiiFlow. Now that rev14 is out, give him some time, and I'm sure he'll release a new version that takes advantage of the new cIOS.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
Logan said:
smile.gif

you must have some wii to get all loaders workin with rev 14 and WSR, i get 002 error even with the oo2 error fix on

It sounds like you are not using the last beta2 version. In the first beta2 version the 002 fix was not working.

Download this Beta2 with 002 fix and all should be fine.
This will however need rev 13 (not b) or rev 14 to work

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
Logan said:
smile.gif

Well I ain't in the habit of lying. But I can't prove it to you short of me taking videos of each loader, and I really can't be arsed with that lol

So you'll have to just take my word for it. But I speak the truth. I can launch WSR on all loaders with cIOS rev 14. Don't know what else to say *shrugs*

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfanatic5 said:
I had the same problem, and he sent me a test version of Beta 1, where he solved the problem. I can confirm that Beta 2 also solved this problem for me, and now I have no problem with 200+ games. It sounds like you have the older version.

I think i have that version already, i can´t test it, the mentioned d/l is password protected.
I use a version from an archive Beta 2b, dol size is 3069856 bytes.

I´ll just wait for the next version, then test it with cios rev14.

@pepxl : I can confirm WSR Pal and Ghostbusters work with Wiiflow with cios rev 13a and cios 14.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
scrappy said:
dsfanatic5 said:

I think i have that version already, i can´t test it, the mentioned d/l is password protected.
I use a version from an archive Beta 2b, dol size is 3069856 bytes.

I´ll just wait for the next version, then test it with cios rev14.

@pepxl : I can confirm WSR Pal and Ghostbusters work with Wiiflow with cios rev 13a and cios 14.

Passwd: manybugs

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spidy1000 said:
pepxl said:
Logan said:
smile.gif

It sounds like you are not using the last beta2 version. In the first beta2 version the 002 fix was not working.

your link is not working for me

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
got WSR working now with wiiflow and rev 14, didnt realize Hibern brought out another beta 2 with the proper 002 fix

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Meannekes said:
Spidy1000 said:
pepxl said:
Logan said:
smile.gif

your link is not working for me

here you go

http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wii/

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey guys,

I have a problem with all themes.
I launch wiiflow, i select a theme... work fine : theme and loader. I return to the wii menu and launch wiiflow again but now i have a message "wbfs_init a échoué:-1".
if i delete the theme and relaunch wiiflow, all is fine again.

Tested with cIOS rev13(a) and rev14.
Wii 4.0E

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with this at the moment.

It was working fine, downloaded beta2 & used the 002 fix to play Wii Sports Resort.

Then added some of my own 'boxcovers' in the standard resolution used & when I restarted it only displayed a few of them.

I restarted again but then it said the 'welcome to wiiflow, I have not found any game...' message. I selected the usb drive, it found the games but no covers. I restarted but exactly the same thing has happened.

I've deleted all the wiiflow files (wiiflow & apps/wiiflow folders) & re-installed but it's still doing teh exact same thing each time, it cant remember a single setting. It's almost like it cant read the folders on the sd card.

Any ideas anyone?!

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It´s me again.
Did some testing with rev. 14, got back to rev. 13 for the time being.

My problem with Wiiflow falling back to HBC is gone with a large number of isos, maybe i fell for an old version when copying back and forth from several SD cards to get rid of old versions and obsolete apps.

Used the version from the given link and tried with a fresh install, works on rev 13/14 the same, no problems starting games, now i can navigate though the gameslist for hours without freeze.
Due to the large number of covers, flipping through the games produces a lag in displaying the covers, even with texture cache enabled.I also tried a faster SD card but it doesn´t really make a noticable difference, but it´s not a real problem, i am patient.

I wish we could use Wiiflow for system menu- or HBC-navigation:)

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, tried formatting the SD card & fresh install & I can get it to remember settings, but as soon as I put more than 5 covers in the 'boxcovers' folder it will not 'remember' the settings & acts as if it's a new install, & wont display any cover images.

I've regretfully had to start using CoverFloader for the time being, hope someone can enlighten me how to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou