Trophies
XP
Country
Loader is getting even better
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

But i'm having porps with covers to it there a
way to get the loader to check more than one site for the covers
like one site is down then it will check a other site.

truth is i relly don't want to sign up with any more sites
frown.gif

is there anyway to get it to just download the covers again
smile.gif

with out me signing up with any more sites.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

This is something that has been brought up with the devs at their official reporting site:
http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

you can do it manually if you don't wanna donate.

and about the loader: Thanks for that new eye candy when you turn the 3d box! looks excellent!

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
ridgecity said:
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

and about the loader: Thanks for that new eye candy when you turn the 3d box! looks excellent!

New eye candy?, does it now zoom in the rear cover?.

Waiting for the settings fix before i re-compile my next version, will be tomorrow morning now so will look forward to seeing the new eye candy!.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your adding a zoom function , i can make the full cover images larger if its required - the ones on the site are as standard about double the size of the downloaded arts - some are 5 and 6 times the size so doubling the image size is easy if it helps

tpepsiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ridgecity said:
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

Donate for covers thats not right there free on the net (sites like cdcovers.cc)

and i'm sure there copyrighted images i don't think there ment to make money of them
frown.gif

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tpepsiman said:
ridgecity said:
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

Donate for covers thats not right there free on the net (sites like cdcovers.cc)

and i'm sure there copyrighted images i don't think there ment to make money of them
frown.gif

Que sera sera mate. You do have to pay to use the auto download function (you have to pay the chap that runs the covers site...not the devs of this loader ...although for their hard work...the devs probably wouldn't mind a donation ) While that function rocks, you still have to pay until something else comes along....unless you want to grab them one at a time. Look around the forum, there are download packs people are putting up that has EVERYTHING or close to.

Edit: Here is a pack of 3D covers from NeoRame...last updated may 28 (may not have the brand new stuff, but will get you WELL on your way there.
http://rapidshare.com/files/238492102/NAI1CP_28_05_09..rar

zamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
zamurai said:
Spidy1000 said:
zamurai said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this. Please be kind.

I've got the CoverFloader working but the covers ain't displaying. I've manually downloaded the covers from wiiboxart and place it in "usb-loader\covers" folder. For example, DK-jungle beat. I've place "R49P01.png" in the folder. I'm using normal covers not 3d covers.

Do I have to make any changes in any file? like gamelist.xml or tittles.txt?

Please Help. Thanks
zamurai

Did you download the files in the correct size?

Hi Spidy1000,

This is the link for the cover I've downloaded:

hxxp://www.wiiboxart.com/pal/R49P01.png

Is this the correct size?

zamurai

Please try reading the topic before posting, but here is a quote from the first page:

"
Getting Cover Art
The easiest way to install disc and cover art is to use the included in program download feature.
How To
1) delete the cover art currently in your /usb-loader/covers and /usb-loader/disks folder.
2) Start CoverFlow, go to settings (gear icon) and select Download on covers.
3) Click yes

Cover Requirements
If you want to set up covers yourself, covers **MUST** be set up as follows
Covers
*Must be 160x224 PNG
*Covers must be 6 digit ID of game
*install to /usb-loader/covers
Disc art
*Must be 160x160 PNG
*Disks can be 3 or 4 digit ID of game
*install to /usb-loader/disks
"

The boxart site allows you to select a size before you start downloading anything

Spidy1000,

Finally, it work. I was so stupid to download the covers at 160x225, the right size should be 160x224. Thanks for the help Spidy.

zamurai

jakestillis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've installed everything as i thought it should be (your installation instructions is outdated/very vague)
apps/CoverFloader/boot.dol
when i start the program, it works, up to "initialize wbfs game list", where it freezes
my drive is formatted accordingly, but has nothing on it, b/c i was hoping to just rip the game straight to from the wii to the hard drive
what am i doing wrong? i've been googling for hours but found no help for coverfloader

EDIT: thanks for ignore, you've just lost a user.

starstreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed RC8, and I noticed that the lock feature works for a while, then stops. The thing is when it stops working, I can't play any game that gets the 002 error because I can't enable the 002 option in the coverflow. Does anybody know how to correct that and to prevent it from happening again?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Beardface,

Thanks to you and the other developers for your wonderful job....

one suggestion for your loader improvements.... please, add the chance to config different paths for your three covers folders (3d, flat and disc), this allows to use in your loader images already downloaded by other ones... (e.g. sd:/images/fullcovers/, sd:/images/2d/, sd:/images/disc/)

The improvement is that we save internet bandwidth, we save space in the sd, and the loader gets much more cool and configurable....

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
starstreak said:
I installed RC8, and I noticed that the lock feature works for a while, then stops. The thing is when it stops working, I can't play any game that gets the 002 error because I can't enable the 002 option in the coverflow. Does anybody know how to correct that and to prevent it from happening again?

This is a current known issue, game settings, locks etc arent being saved away correctly in RC8.
A fix is being worked on by the developers.
Keep an eye on the google code page, hopefully a fix will appear soon.

starstreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I thought I read somewhere about this. I was just hoping there was a way to work around it till it gets fixed. Do you know how to fix it when it happens? I don't know what one thing to replace/reload to correct it.

Scoobyscoobydoo said:
starstreak said:

This is a current known issue, game settings, locks etc arent being saved away correctly in RC8.
A fix is being worked on by the developers.
Keep an eye on the google code page, hopefully a fix will appear soon.

tpepsiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rutny said:
tpepsiman said:
ridgecity said:
tpepsiman said:
smile.gif
(Thanks lads)

frown.gif

smile.gif

frown.gif

Que sera sera mate. You do have to pay to use the auto download function (you have to pay the chap that runs the covers site...not the devs of this loader ...although for their hard work...the devs probably wouldn't mind a donation ) While that function rocks, you still have to pay until something else comes along....unless you want to grab them one at a time. Look around the forum, there are download packs people are putting up that has EVERYTHING or close to.

Edit: Here is a pack of 3D covers from NeoRame...last updated may 28 (may not have the brand new stuff, but will get you WELL on your way there.
http://rapidshare.com/files/238492102/NAI1CP_28_05_09..rar

thanks mate i don't have that manny games i think i only have like 20 games so maybe best to just do it my self
smile.gif

i think the dude charging for covers is a con\rip off i would never pay for a pic "Not when there free else where"

i would not be suprised if someone reported his for selling copyrighted stuff "He is not cool"

as for donating to the loader makers i have already "waninkoko" got my first donation as his loader
was the first one i was using and with out his code noone would have got any where
wink.gif

i would not mind donating to that charity but when i go to there site i can't find the donate button
on there
frown.gif

Crackerboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the same forum I was replying to, but I downloaded this (using for the first time) and believe I installed as instructed (it runs) and I put my username and passowrd in
the wiiboxart.pass file...but when it tries to download it just says "some error occurred. I can see it trying to download png files etc...but it just isn't wrking.
hate2.gif

plog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
starstreak said:

Instal Custom IOS38 rev 13b and the problem is solved.
Couldnot start transformers 2 with 13a, error2 message.
After installing 13b it was ok

Wii 4.0E

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mydarxide said:
does the loader support alternate dol so it can load Wii Sports Resort?

This and the ability to download covers from specified sources are the next things I'd like to see happen with this loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a patched ROM
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages