Status
Not open for further replies.

MORPHEUS40

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
sorry for the mistakes I could write but I'm French.
I would like to install Coverfloader on my wii. I can launch it with the HBC, I can see my games on my HDD but covers are not downloaded, could you tell me why please?
This homebrew is really great and I really would like to work it perfectly on the wii!
Other question: how can I know the version of my Cios???
Thanks for your answers!

Greats from France!

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nullkill said:
Takoru said:
My godness, this bastards! - I want my 2€ back...
mad.gif

But, could someone PLEASE answer my question here?:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE NORMAL .GCT FILES FOR THIS LOADER WITH GAMES?

thanks.

Yes; it is possible. GCT files generated by cheat managers are identical to those created by WiiCoverFlow.

You just need to have the gct file; and then turn ON cheats for that game in the game settings.

Hm, it doesn't seem to work. It can't find my RSBE01.gct while any other loader will apply it.
What's the problem here? =/

|-RoY-&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
MORPHEUS40 said:
Hello,
sorry for the mistakes I could write but I'm French.
I would like to install Coverfloader on my wii. I can launch it with the HBC, I can see my games on my HDD but covers are not downloaded, could you tell me why please?
This homebrew is really great and I really would like to work it perfectly on the wii!
Other question: how can I know the version of my Cios???
Thanks for your answers!

Greats from France!

Check your PM's
wink.gif

Ps : R8 rocks !

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R8 gives me smiles, this loader is just missing one thing... was wondering if the alt .dol method will be implemented here? (sorry if it has been asked before)

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
TrickyTony said:
R8 gives me smiles, this loader is just missing one thing... was wondering if the alt .dol method will be implemented here? (sorry if it has been asked before)
The alt .dol would be a great added feature for future games like wii sports resort, im sure we can get round it though by using another loader initally to bypass certain points and then use this loader after that but alt .dol option would be very usual if its possible for the developement team.

shawncac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pseizure2000 said:
okay so im pretty new to the scene but i've been running coverfloader for a while now.

So if you all could help me out a little i'd be eternally grateful. I just want to confirm what the current situation is based on what I've read around the web:

-RC8 won't let you back up games if it can't find covers and will crash

-Downloading covers can only be done manually right now? (not using the coverfloader in-app downloader)

Thanks!
just tried it myself with guitar hero world tour. it will crash until you manually place the cover on your sd card

Chris87

Trophies
XP
Country
rutny said:
Chris87 said:
Having trouble getting my 3d covers working,

they work fine when i manually put them in the /usb-loader/3dcovers folder

but i cant download the covers straight from coveflow, everything seems ok looks like its downloading then nothing

i have donated to wiiboxart and put the pass file with my user + pass in to the /usb-loader folder

what am i doing wrong someone please help , other than that it works fine just not downloading covers even tho i have a username and password ???

Chris I just tried going to wiiboxart.com to grab a couple images I needed..and it's gone...been suspendend

edit: seems to be back up for the moment

edit 2: and back down again

lol seems the douche bag cant decide wether to have his site up or down .....

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris87 said:
rutny said:
Chris87 said:

but i cant download the covers straight from coveflow, everything seems ok looks like its downloading then nothing

i have donated to wiiboxart and put the pass file with my user + pass in to the /usb-loader folder

what am i doing wrong someone please help , other than that it works fine just not downloading covers even tho i have a username and password ???

Chris I just tried going to wiiboxart.com to grab a couple images I needed..and it's gone...been suspendend

It's back up for the time being. Worse case scenario hit me up and I can give you a pack of images I downloaded and am using (there's more than I needed and bunches of other regions but I t worked just fine and take me just a few seconds to load em in)

At any rate look arounf the forum, there are a couple of posted alternate sites, multiple download packs, a few more tentative sites may pop up as well.
Cheers

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Chris87 said:
rutny said:
Chris87 said:

Calling someone providing the community with an invaluable resource a "douche bag" is neither fair nor intelligent.
It is you who are the real "douche bag"
Unless you've set up your own cover hosting site and are providing a flawless service to the whole community - in which case, I recant.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Takoru said:
Nullkill said:
Takoru said:
mad.gif

thanks.

Yes; it is possible. GCT files generated by cheat managers are identical to those created by WiiCoverFlow.

You just need to have the gct file; and then turn ON cheats for that game in the game settings.

Hm, it doesn't seem to work. It can't find my RSBE01.gct while any other loader will apply it.
At the moment you need the txt file as well as the gct. This will be changed soon so that you only need the txt if you want to edit codes.... Can you use the download function to grab it? Or place RSBE01.txt in sd:/usb-loader/txtcodes/
Sorry, for now

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jaz808 @ Jul 1 2009, 09:59 AM)
I still have rc7 and rc8 crashing when i enable cheats with Super Mario Galaxy
I already replied to you about this - look back a few pages....

b0ring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of points, firstly using Rev7 the downloaded cheats didn't work since they were dumped directly on the root of the SD card. I had to make my own "codes" folder to put them in, from that point on everything worked fine. Perhaps an issue with creating the folder?

Secondly, I've tried ripping a couple of games on Rev7 and it crashes, I noticed people mentioned something about the box art, causing the rip to break. Is this true? If I manually put the cover in there BEFORE trying to rip, will this happily work? Hmm.

And since people can add their own cover art to the relevant folder, can't someone here just use their membership on wiiboxart to download all the box art once and then upload the zip to one of the many file sharing websites?

It may not be as smooth as downloading in-app, but it would let everyone get what they need without worrying about the server load or whether or not it's up or down.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
fishears said:
Takoru said:
Nullkill said:
Takoru said:
mad.gif

thanks.

At the moment you need the txt file as well as the gct. This will be changed soon so that you only need the txt if you want to edit codes.... Can you use the download function to grab it? Or place RSBE01.txt in sd:/usb-loader/txtcodes/
Sorry, for now

The problem is, that I don't know the content of .gct. It's a snapshot loader for SSBB+, but I don't know the code.
Is there a method to extract a .gct back to it's .txt file? - So I could use it with CoverFloader.

zamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm new to this. Please be kind.

I've got the CoverFloader working but the covers ain't displaying. I've manually downloaded the covers from wiiboxart and place it in "usb-loader\covers" folder. For example, DK-jungle beat. I've place "R49P01.png" in the folder. I'm using normal covers not 3d covers.

Do I have to make any changes in any file? like gamelist.xml or tittles.txt?

Please Help. Thanks
zamurai

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zamurai said:
Hi all,

I've got the CoverFloader working but the covers ain't displaying. I've manually downloaded the covers from wiiboxart and place it in "usb-loader\covers" folder. For example, DK-jungle beat. I've place "R49P01.png" in the folder. I'm using normal covers not 3d covers.

Please Help. Thanks
zamurai

Did you download the files in the correct size?

zamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
zamurai said:
Hi all,

Please Help. Thanks
zamurai

Hi Spidy1000,

This is the link for the cover I've downloaded:

hxxp://www.wiiboxart.com/pal/R49P01.png

Is this the correct size?

zamurai

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zamurai said:
Spidy1000 said:
zamurai said:
Hi all,

Please Help. Thanks
zamurai

Hi Spidy1000,

This is the link for the cover I've downloaded:

hxxp://www.wiiboxart.com/pal/R49P01.png

Is this the correct size?

zamurai

Please try reading the topic before posting, but here is a quote from the first page:

"
Getting Cover Art
The easiest way to install disc and cover art is to use the included in program download feature.
How To
1) delete the cover art currently in your /usb-loader/covers and /usb-loader/disks folder.
2) Start CoverFlow, go to settings (gear icon) and select Download on covers.
3) Click yes

Cover Requirements
If you want to set up covers yourself, covers **MUST** be set up as follows
Covers
*Must be 160x224 PNG
*Covers must be 6 digit ID of game
*install to /usb-loader/covers
Disc art
*Must be 160x160 PNG
*Disks can be 3 or 4 digit ID of game
*install to /usb-loader/disks
"

The boxart site allows you to select a size before you start downloading anything

Escape-To-88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RC8 seems to refuse to save games fixes such as error2 fix and anti2 fix, therefore rendering half my games unplayable.
Anyone else have this problem?
It lets me turn then on/off etc. but when I go back they're not saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...