Not open for further replies.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wow. RC3 looks great. Everything has worked perfectly for me thus far. BTW Nullkill, if Hibern isn't going to release his soon, you should definitely unlock your 3D covers
wink.gif

I might add an option to turn it on in the graphics menu; I'll leave it off by default for now b/c ATM i just have a default side and back cover (generic)...

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wow. RC3 looks great. Everything has worked perfectly for me thus far. BTW Nullkill, if Hibern isn't going to release his soon, you should definitely unlock your 3D covers
wink.gif

I might add an option to turn it on in the graphics menu; I'll leave it off by default for now b/c ATM i just have a default side and back cover (generic)...
Could you post a screenshot of your 3d covers? I don't think anybody minds the default backs and sides ... I'm just dying to get an idea of what it would look like!

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepperoni said:
Nullkill said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wink.gif

Could you post a screenshot of your 3d covers? I don't think anybody minds the default backs and sides ... I'm just dying to get an idea of what it would look like!

If you want to test it; you can build a dol to try it out.

Just uncomment CODE
#define D3_COVERS 1
in coverflow.h

YOu'll have to tweak the graphics configuration in the settings menu to get it looking nice after doing this; since the covers are going to be thicker.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wink.gif

that'd be great. It sounds like BlindDude and Djtaz are working on upping full covers soon, but it would be awesome to se the 3d model anyway.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is not too much trouble could you add these tweaks for the next release please?:
-Change it to look for /usb-loader/discs/ instead of /usb-loader/disks/ (Disc=optical media, Disk=magnetic media)
-Alter it so that game headers that begin with a lower case letter end up along with the rest of the games in alphabetical order. For example, de Blob will end up at the end of the list because it begins with a lowercase d. USB Loader GX is one of the loaders I know of that sorts it correctly.

I know these tweaks are picky but if you could do this I would be grateful!

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
Just uncomment
Code:
#define D3_COVERS 1
in coverflow.h

YOu'll have to tweak the graphics configuration in the settings menu to get it looking nice after doing this; since the covers are going to be thicker.
Thanks... I get a code dump, though... my screen is so small that I can't read the code dump address, though.

I tried the latest rev 436 and it crashed right as it said 'Initializing Disc' or something to that effect, and on rev 426 it loaded 100% and crashed right before showing the covers.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mooseknuckle2000 said:
that'd be great. It sounds like BlindDude and Djtaz are working on upping full covers soon, but it would be awesome to se the 3d model anyway.

The full covers are on the site now - the are pretty large as i was doing the script based on hibers loader and it looks for that size, but they do look pretty sweet when its all sorted.

Blinddude got about 500+ full covers onto the site while i did up the coding for changing JPG's to PNG's and resizing them on the fly - the covers are actually JPG's at 3000x2000 or something like that, but they get resized to a 540x314 PNG when called by someone, so the quality is excellent and the download speed is still fast.

I added an upload script for anyone willing to scan the missing covers - hopefully we will get them all soon.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

The full covers are on the site now - the are pretty large as i was doing the script based on hibers loader and it looks for that size, but they do look pretty sweet when its all sorted.

Blinddude got about 500+ full covers onto the site while i did up the coding for changing JPG's to PNG's and resizing them on the fly - the covers are actually JPG's at 3000x2000 or something like that, but they get resized to a 540x314 PNG when called by someone, so the quality is excellent and the download speed is still fast.

I added an upload script for anyone willing to scan the missing covers - hopefully we will get them all soon.

good work djtaz

there are some nice covers at console-covers.com only downside is 5 dl per day unless you pay

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ganons said:
djtaz said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

good work djtaz

there are some nice covers at console-covers.com only downside is 5 dl per day unless you pay

All we need is each person who wants a cover to get 5 each and it will be pretty much covered - i dont think this loader will require these covers though so might be best to let this thread get back on track - if they do need some form of full cover someone can Pm me and we can work out whats required.

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been following this loader since day one. I use this as my main loader now. I just downloaded r437 and also enabled the 3d cover. Even with the generic 'dvd' case, it looks great. Just to let you know that I had created a channel and have been running all version from a channel, not a forwarder. It has been working great with no problems. I am running this on both my Wii's and have had no issues. One thing that I see missing is the Game Text setting under the Graphics option. I like the clean look without titles. I changed the option in the XML file but would be nice to be able to do it on fly. Other than that, I have had no other issue with this loader. Excellent job and thank for the hard work.

P.S. Love the screenshot option.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how do you make a screenshot?

I saw on the SD I created one, but I have no idea how I did it
tongue.gif

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone make a dol of the latest revision please? I would like to try out the new 3D covers.

Edit: Or asian flavor, could you share yours?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just PM me dude.

Edit: Actually you can just share it. The devs don't care. There have been other revisions shared in this thread before.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Matt93 said:
You can just PM me dude.

Edit: Actually you can just share it. The devs don't care. There have been other revisions shared in this thread before.

Nullkill said:
QUOTE(kyogc @ May 21 2009, 06:45 PM) Does that mean it is ok to upload reversion from now on?

Ok, I changed my mind; I had posted that "Yes this is ok"... but on second thought; don't post any direct links to svn versions. I can already see the flood of invalid defects on the googlecode page b/c people are testing with half baked versions.

I'm ok with a build server being set up; and a link to the latest compiled build; But I don't want user compiled builds posted on the site... My main reason for this is b/c I have no way to guarantee what was built.

So, If you want to set up an svn build server for wiicoverflow, PM Me and we'll talk.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have used it for quite a few releases, and everytime I download the covers, the first game don't get his cover, only the disc art, is this only me, or it is a know issue..??
huh.gif

BTW I use a 8GB USB in case you wonder why I download the cover over and over again
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.amazon.com/NDLBS-Chicken-Christmas-Stocking-Stuffers/dp/B0BGGLLNSF/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl...