Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
3D covers look very nice and when its high res it will look superb.

I currently use the '3d' lookalike covers from the boxart cover site and these look good but of course these dont stack correctly and dont have back covers.
This enhancement is just what we need.

Really looking forward to this enhancement when is completed, it looks like its nearly fully coded
smile.gif

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Gitkua,

just read that justin needs a good generic "NO COVER" (r438) ad google code.

Here is one I made, maybe you like/use it.

Cheers

Tom

PS: Tried that via PM but I didn't get attachments to work there, sorry.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could someone please post a screenshot of how the loader looks when using 3D covers.
It's difficult to wait for something that sounds so cool and have no idea what it looks like.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to add Cover Flow as a channel?
This is a great loader, but using it through the HBC is quite hectic.

Thanks in advance,

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
jourdy said:

Thanks in advance,

A channel will be released i would have thought when the loader its complete, its still in RC stage at the moment.

Why not just use a forwarder channel makes life alot easier, there are quite a few forwarders already available that work with this loader.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DragTom70 said:
Hey Gitkua,

just read that justin needs a good generic "NO COVER" (r438) ad google code.

Here is one I made, maybe you like/use it.

Cheers

Tom

PS: Tried that via PM but I didn't get attachments to work there, sorry.

can you post a link to the file on google code?

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
jourdy said:

Thanks in advance,

A channel will be released i would have thought when the loader its complete, its still in RC stage at the moment.

Why not just use a forwarder channel makes life alot easier, there are quite a few forwarders already available that work with this loader.

Thank you. I will be waiting for that channel eagerly.

To answer your question, I don't use a forwarder because I have no idea what it is, what it does, and how to install it. Haha.

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nullkill said:
can you post a link to the file on google code?

I would like to! But where, under "issues"? I am logged in at google but I don't find the right entry
blink.gif

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I recently discovered Coverflow. I tried asking about it on a certain other site but a certain suicidal site admin closed my thread because he doesn't like Waninko (who deved the first USD loader).
Anyway, I had a few quick questions. I'm not sure if they've been answered before in the 60+ pages in this topic, so bear with me please.
- What (if any) is the difference visually between Coverflow RC1 and RC3? (I ask because the demo video is labeled RC1 and I can't find any shots that are specifically mentioned as from RC3)
- I keep seeing 3D covers/boxes mentioned in Coverflow. Have those already been implemented in one of the current Coverflow builds, or is it still a work in progress?
- I've been told that some games (Punch Out, Mario Tennis) require the 4.0 update. Has anyone tried applying Waninko's 4.0 updater on a system with the Homebrew and other custom channels? And does Coverflow still work fine afterward? (BTW, I'm currently running cIOS36_rev10)

Thanks for your patience and your answers. I'm thinking they should through a quick FAQ in the first post to save some time.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmerohueso said:
Hey, I recently discovered Coverflow. I tried asking about it on a certain other site but a certain suicidal site admin closed my thread because he doesn't like Waninko (who deved the first USD loader).
Anyway, I had a few quick questions. I'm not sure if they've been answered before in the 60+ pages in this topic, so bear with me please.
- What (if any) is the difference visually between Coverflow RC1 and RC3? (I ask because the demo video is labeled RC1 and I can't find any shots that are specifically mentioned as from RC3)

Many bug fixes; new features... use RC3

- I keep seeing 3D covers/boxes mentioned in Coverflow. Have those already been implemented in one of the current Coverflow builds, or is it still a work in progress?

work in progress; coming soon.

- I've been told that some games (Punch Out, Mario Tennis) require the 4.0 update. Has anyone tried applying Waninko's 4.0 updater on a system with the Homebrew and other custom channels? And does Coverflow still work fine afterward? (BTW, I'm currently running cIOS36_rev10)

You dont need 4.0; these games run fine on my 3.2U system running cIOS 10

Thanks for your patience and your answers. I'm thinking they should through a quick FAQ in the first post to save some time.

Escape-To-88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Have installed this ace program no worries (RC3), but cannot display the covers?
I have followed the guide and they are in the right directory etc. I tried a complete cover pack of the 3D versions and while it found that there were 1000 odd covers it doesn't display them strangely.
I've also re-downloaded some of the art from http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ but without luck.
I have put them in the correct folder in the root and used the tools menu to try and 'download' them but no luck.
Can someone talk me through exactly what I should be doing? Will the 3D art work or does it need to be just standard?
Cheers

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the image size of your covers, i'll bet they are one pixel too big LOL! Should be 224, not 225. Fix that and I bet they show up

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Escape-To-88 said:
Hi all,
Have installed this ace program no worries (RC3), but cannot display the covers?
I have followed the guide and they are in the right directory etc. I tried a complete cover pack of the 3D versions and while it found that there were 1000 odd covers it doesn't display them strangely.
I've also re-downloaded some of the art from http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ but without luck.
I have put them in the correct folder in the root and used the tools menu to try and 'download' them but no luck.
Can someone talk me through exactly what I should be doing? Will the 3D art work or does it need to be just standard?
Cheers

THe other thing to do is make sure your SD card is NOT locked

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nullkill said:
Add a comment to the end of that thread; and attach your generic cover there.

Thanks!

Sorry, got the wrong entry-point first, but I got the idea
wink2.gif
and managed it.

Although I deleted my "mistake" it seems to be still there. Sorry for all the mess.

Best Regards

DragTom

retropyor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a new member here, and after doing a bit of searching, I can't find an answer to my particular problem.

I installed coverflow as a HBC app, it loads up fine, but it won't download or display images correctly, so I just manually d/l'd them. Now thats working.

the problem is, when I do try to load a game from within coverflow, I always get a code dump, no matter what the game is. I've tried WiiPlay, WiiSports, Links Crossbow Training, and The Monkey King.

Each game load correctly in the WAD USB Loader, so...yeah.

I even redownloading Coverflow a few times, and I also tried putting the coverflow .dol in the USB loader. It works fine, up until I try loading a game from within Coverflow

How can I fix this?

retropyor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a new member here, and after doing a bit of searching, I can't find an answer to my particular problem.

I installed coverflow as a HBC app, it loads up fine, but it won't download or display images correctly, so I just manually d/l'd them. Now thats working after changing the pixels to 224.

the problem is, when I do try to load a game from within coverflow, I always get a code dump, no matter what the game is. I've tried WiiPlay, WiiSports, Links Crossbow Training, and The Monkey King.

Each game loads correctly in the WAD USB Loader, so...yeah.

I even tried redownloading Coverflow a few times, and I also tried putting the coverflow .dol in the USB loader. It works fine, up until I try loading a game from within Coverflow, then a code dump.

How can I fix this?

Escape-To-88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've fixed my cover display problem but now have exactly the same prob as the above poster.
I get a code dump regardless of game.
The titles on my HDD all work on USB Loader 1.4 but when I try and load them with Coverflow I get a bunch of code and a lock-up.
Would like to know how to fix too, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: