Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah like mike1 says... Another way, assuming it's still up, Abz Masterpiece pack comes with a Carbonik Abz theme that'll sort your problem out. Also in that pack is the snes9x Retroarch plugin - use that instead of snes9xgx any day of the week in my opinion, but if you really must use snes9xgx (and you have to if you want to play lightgun/'mouse' games anyway) - fire it up, go into the menu, then change/make sure your rom path settings are ok, save & exit. and try again... If that doesn't work, try again but fire the emu up from the HBC instead. The settings will save on the wiiflow plugin too as they both read from the same folder. ;)

mickey's playtown adventure a day of discovery
ms pacman - snes
super turrican 2 - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show The Buckaroos - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show,The Time Warp - snes

and for master system

sonic chaos - master system

Persistent little beggar - copy/paste your post that was only 5 days old? Should have your hands slapped! :P

Sonic Chaos has already been done on the Master System, probably in a pack you haven't downloaded so easy to miss... Actually mastershoes, the Master System could do with the same treatment as the rest if you have the time/space - at the moment they're a bit all over the place it has to be said.
EDIT: Sonic Chaos can be found in either the Europe download, or the Brazil cover in the Other Regions download.

Your SNES requests though, well there's a lot missing, but please bear in mind they take time and effort to create - ToddofWar is the SNES man, and has recently mentioned he's currently working 12 hours a day/7 days a week in his real job.... I'm sure your request has been noted, but be patient (and remember in some cases that getting decent images can be difficult in the first place - for instance I've still yet to find a decent SNES Pinball Fantasies cover to use! :)

Reactions: MassiveRican

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like mike1 says... Another way, assuming it's still up, Abz Masterpiece pack comes with a Carbonik Abz theme that'll sort your problem out. Also in that pack is the snes9x Retroarch plugin - use that instead of snes9xgx any day of the week in my opinion, but if you really must use snes9xgx (and you have to if you want to play lightgun/'mouse' games anyway) - fire it up, go into the menu, then change/make sure your rom path settings are ok, save & exit. and try again... If that doesn't work, try again but fire the emu up from the HBC instead. The settings will save on the wiiflow plugin too as they both read from the same folder. ;)

Persistent little beggar - copy/paste your post that was only 5 days old? Should have your hands slapped! :P

Sonic Chaos has already been done on the Master System, probably in a pack you haven't downloaded so easy to miss... Actually mastershoes, the Master System could do with the same treatment as the rest if you have the time/space - at the moment they're a bit all over the place it has to be said.
EDIT: Sonic Chaos can be found in either the Europe download, or the Brazil cover in the Other Regions download.

Your SNES requests though, well there's a lot missing, but please bear in mind they take time and effort to create - ToddofWar is the SNES man, and has recently mentioned he's currently working 12 hours a day/7 days a week in his real job.... I'm sure your request has been noted, but be patient (and remember in some cases that getting decent images can be difficult in the first place - for instance I've still yet to find a decent SNES Pinball Fantasies cover to use! :)
here you go https://www.mediafire.com/?gqyp2yy94fd4to9

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa, cheers man!! That's a freaky box by the way - us Euro's got a much soppier one:
Pinball Fantasies.smc.png
Quite the family favourite is this game (mum & dad were big pinball fans), so I made that one a while ago, will replace mine with yours on my mums Wii next time I update it - she'll not know what the hell it is! :lol:

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help i need this covers please for WIIFLOW Horizontals

ms pacman - snes
super turrican 2 - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show The Buckaroos - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show,The Time Warp - snes - I have the full cover from halen but it's still WIP and not ready yet.

These covers and more will be available on the next SNES cover update.
It would help a lot if you or anybody could provide some raw cover scans or some good quality material I could use so I can make these covers much faster. I really don't have too much time in a day to be searching for the material. Other then that, you'll have to just be patient. There's a lot of covers that other people want that we can't get out just yet.

mastershoes, if you plan for an SNES update anytime soon, let me know when your ready and I'll send you everything I have atm.

Thanks guys for the time and patient as I'm still working 84 hours a week at the steel mill. The way it's going, it's gonna be like this for the next 2 months (Gosh I hope not tho)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn TOW that's some serious time your putting in, know the feeling. I used to be salary and wished I was hourly. Hope your hourly homie cuz the OT would be sick as f*ck right now. As u know, no rush on whatever u working on since I rathe get whatever you satisfied with then anything Your not ;) b easy and take advanTage while the work is there homie ;)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn TOW that's some serious time your putting in, know the feeling. I used to be salary and wished I was hourly. Hope your hourly homie cuz the OT would be sick as f*ck right now. As u know, no rush on whatever u working on since I rathe get whatever you satisfied with then anything Your not ;) b easy and take advanTage while the work is there homie ;)

Yeah it's hourly and the OT is indeed killer. Pulling in about $1400+ a week. Thankfully I get paid every Friday rather then bi-weekly like most jobs nowadays. Always good to hear from you MassiveRican and thanks for the support as always.

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to do a slight re-up of my recent contribution.It's an update to an update. :P After I was done, I went back through, and noticed I did some that were already there. Woopsie! So I took the best parts from both, touched up a few oldies, even went and made some alt region/customs for use as disc2/3/4 covers. To anyone who is a pixel wizard, I'd like to request the removal of the Pal/jap PS1 logo from all that apply. They're obstructive and redundant. All inclusive, the count in this one is 336. Enjoy ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdzcf994r4v3jlo/PlayStation.rar

Beav_F1

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for the advice im now using carbonik :bow: with my other two points the roms load fine from the emulator direct, however i was wondering if the game should launch from wiiflow as when i choose a game it then goes into the emulator and i have to select it again, i thought the game would just start when you chose 1 from the cover flow lists? and secondly when i choose a plugin from source menu it always asks for the partition select is there a way of saving the settings so it will just go straight into the cover flow list for that particular plugin? do any of the category boxes need to be ticked? the emulator boxes are ticked btw :unsure:

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to do a slight re-up of my recent contribution.It's an update to an update. :P After I was done, I went back through, and noticed I did some that were already there. Woopsie! So I took the best parts from both, touched up a few oldies, even went and made some alt region/customs for use as disc2/3/4 covers. To anyone who is a pixel wizard, I'd like to request the removal of the Pal/jap PS1 logo from all that apply. They're obstructive and redundant. All inclusive, the count in this one is 336. Enjoy ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdzcf994r4v3jlo/PlayStation.rar

Anyway you could send me only that which was updated since the last rar? I just spent a few days sorting/re-naming all of them and was just about finished & ready to add them to the set when you uploaded the new one! I would really hate to do all that over again. Also... thanks for the covers! :)

Edit: If i sort the new ps1 download by date, I end up with 46 new/updated covers since April 3rd (first upload was on the 2nd). That should be everything that's new, yeah? If you can confirm that, then i'm set. :) Oh, and FYI, you have Wu-Tang mislabled. It's "Shaolin Style" not "Taste the Pain".

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry::whip:
Anyway you could send me only that which was updated since the last rar? I just spent a few days sorting/re-naming all of them and was just about finished & ready to add them to the set when you uploaded the new one! I would really hate to do all that over again. Also... thanks for the covers! :)
Ugh! It took me the better part of an afternoon flipping through what I did and what you already had. And I deleted the old upload when I was done. Have mercy, massa, please!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: If i sort the new ps1 download by date, I end up with 46 new/updated covers since April 3rd (first upload was on the 2nd). That should be everything that's new, yeah? If you can confirm that, then i'm set. :) Oh, and FYI, you have Wu-Tang mislabled. It's "Shaolin Style" not "Taste the Pain".
The two are one in the same. The US version doesn't work right though (for me anyways). And as for the covers, just go ahead and put through what you think is best. After the next update, I'll fill in the blanks, plus, as I'm finally getting all my ps1 games covered, I'll be going back down the list to add a few more to my collection, so I'll have some more covers for you later ;)

Reactions: mastershoes

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix an issue with Wiiflow crashing, when it reaches specific box covers?

This is happening to me with 2 Atarti 2600 covers.

E.T.
Jr Pac-Man

Those 2 games, when I reach them when it's time for the cover to load, will crash my vwii, I will get a crap ton of random numbers appearing, and then it says reload in 10 seconds. It is specificly those 2 img's from the recommended packs on the 1st page.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix an issue with Wiiflow crashing, when it reaches specific box covers?

E.T.
Jr Pac-Man

Those 2 games, when I reach them when it's time for the cover to load, will crash my vwii, I will get a crap ton of random numbers appearing, and then it says reload in 10 seconds. It is specificly those 2 img's from the recommended packs on the 1st page.

I would start by checking your cache folder for 0kb .wfc files. It's been the culprit for me on several occasions. If you have any, delete them!

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that issue before too a while back. It drove me nuts. I believe it was something to do with the specific covers I was using. I think I had a few covers that had a different extension other than png or the size of the cover was too big so it crashed. Try replacing the cover(s) that it's crashing on.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

E.T.
Jr Pac-Man

I would delete both covers and their associated cache files (.wfc) then copy them over again and see how it goes. Pay close attention which covers it might be crashing on and if it's still crashing make sure to delete whichever one seems to be corrupted along with it's cache file.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't get to the point of a .wfc file to be created, once it sense those covers it crashes.

ive tried each cover individualy, and they both crash the wii.

I really like these covers, and I just don't know what to do about this. :-(

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT DID IT! :-D

I backed up my current 2600 cache folder and boxcover folder, and renamed them so wiiflow would not recognize them.

Then just as you said, I started fresh, first with E.T.

When I loaded up the romlist within wiiflow, the cover came on, and the vwii did not crash!

Then i loaded up the boxcover for Jr Pac-Man, and again, the vwii did not crash!

Then, i reinserted my already created cache that i set aside, and restored my other boxcovers, and now everything in my favorites appears with no errors/crashes!

:-D

Many thanks!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1