1. mastershoes

OP mastershoes GameTDB Mod

United States
    Update 04-24-14:

SNES Horizontal Update! Includes 15 new covers, 7 new alts, 7 cleaned/updated, and 13 that have had the Nintendo Logo's replaced (minor cleanup). Thanks to TCP and ToddofWar420 for the contributions! All links and folders (including master set) have been updated. As usual, there's a folder with today's update by itself in the individual downloads folder (with an update .rar as well).
    Have fun!

MassiveRican likes this.
  2. hicandturkey

hicandturkey Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I figure I would contribute to the cause so here you go. I have 287 2D Horizontal SNES covers to share: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ra01i7a2g6xt72k/SNES_2D.zip. Some of them I found from the interwebs and others I just created. I didn't have the time to spend creating full covers and I wanted something to look at other than the default SNES cover. The ones listed in this pack are not listed in any of the Full Cover packs so there aren't any duplicates. At the very least, maybe MasterShoes can utilize these in the creation of Full Covers. If you want to use these in WiiFlow, don't forget that these need to be placed in the Wiiflow\Covers\ folder and NOT the BOXCOVERS folder since they are 2D covers.

A quick note: I realize that some of these covers are already included in the current 2D SNES collection on the 1st page, but the resolution on these are slightly higher.

3. hicandturkey

Newcomer

United States
    Quick question mastershoes. I noticed that a lot of the covers in the MAME Flyer set are identical to the ones in the FBA Flyer set. What's the reason for the separate Flyer sets?

4. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Some people might just want to have FBA and vice versa - I've still not bothered setting MAME up for myself yet for instance (will get round to it though). And since they're basically flyers with no 'FBA' or 'MAME' artwork on them, why bother making the same thing twice too?

Thanks for your 2D covers by the way - I've actually posted a few of those as boxes though - Cannon Fodder for instance....

Cannon Fodder.sfc.png

Got plenty more done (including many you've posted) but mastershoes won't want them as they're shrunken spine only, and me being a Euro I focus on the PAL style of box: love the work toddy's doing but generally find the US SNES boxes garish :lol: (in fact the actual console and carts were similar - wtf were they thinking? Even the controller has Parma Violet buttons...??) Another one of yours for you, again it's PAL, however the last set of PAL games did adopt this very US style of boxart anyway:

Wonder Project J.smc.png

Anybody who's got these already, the 2 above have been touched up so grab em again - currently doing a 'Project PAL' with SNES games by the way, and while they're intended to be mainly for personal use I will pass them on if anyone wants.... many of the ones I've posted before have been touched up since (MassiveRican: I've finally done a Goemon 2 cover I'm happy with! :lol: ) , and I've started quite a lot of PAL version boxes (did Tiny Toons & Aladdin last night in fact). If anyone wants them let me know ;)

5. hicandturkey

Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, but if both FBA and MAME play the same game, why not just have one big pack. I guess I just don't see the significance. It's cool though, whatever.

No problem. Glad to help. I was intending them for mainly personal use as well, but I figured I'd share the love. I guess I missed that some of them had already been posted. If these weren't included in any of the mastershoes packs, that's probably why.

6. mastershoes

United States
    Update 04-29-19: An update to the MAME Flyer set. I have been testing all the MAME equivalent roms that have covers in the current CPS1 and FBA sets. I included everything from those sets that i have found to be MAME compatible. The update includes 102 new covers and 10 new alts. Have fun!

MAME and FBA do have a lot of games that are compatible across both emu's, but MAME has a lot of games that aren't supported by FBA, and FBA has a lot of games that aren't supported by MAME. Keeping them separate is the best way to know if a rom is compatible or not in either set.

7. hicandturkey

Newcomer

United States
    Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation Mastershoes. Makes sense. The covers look great by the way. Thanks for all the time put into making them.

On another note (and I apologize if this question is better suited for the Wiiflow thread), but do you have an updated version of the Source Menu Advanced v2 pack you created a while back? I preferred your pack over Abz based on the background and the pics of the consoles. There's a few missing like FDS, FBA, etc that would be nice to have in the same format.

8. hicandturkey

Newcomer

United States
    Disregard. I just saw the Source Menu Button thread linked in your sig.

9. mastershoes

United States
    Most of those sets are actually still kind of outdated. I do have an up-to-date set of SM buttons, but haven't had time to post them because i've been really busy with the covers. I will eventually get around to it.

MassiveRican likes this.
  10. Nodokai

Nodokai Newbie
    Newcomer

Playstation 2, PSP and XBOX covers, please brother :)

11. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php
    Enjoy! ....I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this is for Wii-specific emulators only...;)

12. Nodokai

Nodokai Newbie
    Newcomer

13. Nodokai

Nodokai Newbie
    Newcomer

Please,

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

would be possible to get these files in bigger size?

Would you like a good size, to hold in remembrance, thank you!

and sorry for my english, he is not very good :unsure:

14. mastershoes

United States
  15. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  16. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

OMG such an insane amount of PS1 covers XD

17. mastershoes

United States
    Thanks drakorex - I just sorted all the previous covers that we're floating from the first batch a day or two ago, and a couple from ToW too. I'll add these new ones in before I finish the update. :)

Update 05-06-14: Added a Commodore 64 Update that I received from mike1 quite awhile back. It contains 47 new covers and 1 new alternate. Thanks man! All links & folders have been updated. Check the individual download folder as usual for a separate folder with today's update (and update .rar). Have fun!

Also.. i know it's the 5th, but I didn't think i'd get these posted til tomorrow O.o

mightymuffy and MassiveRican like this.
  18. mesk14

mesk14 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Im using FuzzyrenameEXT to rename some covers.Is there any way to stop it from making extra covers? For example there are 322 gameboy covers,however after renaming there are 372. It taking guesses at some.For Aladdin its matching it to Alien 3,and creating an extra,unneeded cover.

Is there anyway to have it just do 100% matches? and stop guessing?

19. mike1

mike1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    try matching the roms to the covers you have not the other way around.

20. mastershoes

United States
    Update 05-08-14:

PS1 CD Style Update!

Big thanks again to drakorex for giving this set so much love lately. Well done man!

Here's a breakdown of this update:

New = 83
    New Alts = 1
    Custom Covers for Multi-Disc Games = 24
    Cleaned/Updated = 2
    Previous Moved to Alts = 1

All links and folders have been updated. Check the individual download folder as usual for a separate folder with today's update (and update .rar). Have fun!

MassiveRican likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collections, Emulators, Support