Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope that at the end we will get complete kit for this to work. But now, i got nothing on screen when i go in the Emu section. Except the button from the skin,

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I hope that at the end we will get complete kit for this to work. But now, i got nothing on screen when i go in the Emu section. Except the button from the skin,
make sure the folder /wiiflow/plugins/ is on the same partition as your emulator games are and that the game files are in the folder that's set in romDir in the INI file for that emulator AND that the partiton setting in wiiflow points to that partition, too

Reactions: 1 person

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick ?: How do you get the covers to show up clearer? I mean like when I go to view the back of any covers the text is usually blurry or something and I just would like to make it more readable. Thanks.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick ?: How do you get the covers to show up clearer? I mean like when I go to view the back of any covers the text is usually blurry or something and I just would like to make it more readable. Thanks.

Did you edit your wiiflow.ini for HQ covers?

[GENERAL]
age_lock=0
allow_texture_compression=yes
async_network=no
b_lr_mode=no
b_on_mode_to_source=yes
box_mode=yes
compress_cache=no
country_patch=no
cover_buffer=40
cover_prio=0
cover_use_hq=yes
data_on_usb=yes
delete_cover_and_game=yes

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply mastershoes, I checked and it wasn't set to yes so I changed that, also my cover buffer was set to 20 so I changed it to match yours at 40.
I then went through and tested it just now and WOW what a difference it made. Again, Thanks!!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just landed another problem with my covers (sorry for all the troubleshooting questions I have) but I can't seem to figure out way some of my games with the same titles are showing up in different plugin folders. ie. Aladdin for NES is showing up in my SNES as well. I got both covers in their cover folders and tried to reload cache as well. Course they're both named Aladdin.zip.png so am I gonna have to unzip the games I have that are the same or is there a around this? Thanks.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just landed another problem with my covers (sorry for all the troubleshooting questions I have) but I can't seem to figure out way some of my games with the same titles are showing up in different plugin folders. ie. Aladdin for NES is showing up in my SNES as well. I got both covers in their cover folders and tried to reload cache as well. Course they're both named Aladdin.zip.png so am I gonna have to unzip the games I have that are the same or is there a around this? Thanks.

You have an option... extract one of the romsets so it has a different extension :)

Personally, I don't use any zipped roms. Or you can change the filename, your choice. It would probably be easier to extract them, and then use a bulk-rename utility to change the extensions on your covers (you can do it to your cache as well if you don't want to rebuild all the covers).

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll will probably just extract them to make things easier and also it should load the games faster too since it won't have to unzip the roms before it boots.
Also, to give you an unimportant update on seperating the GB/GBC/GBA emulators for the wiiflow plugins, after reading your instructions ((carefully)) I was able to do it without hassle.
Again mastershoes, Thanks for the reply and advice you've given me. You really have helped me along some tough times getting stuff done on my Wii and that I really appreciate the help and time you've given me and the others as well. :mthr:

D

Dork

I made my own set of source menu icons, mostly to match the 'ANDRO!D' theme.

lRF47.png
p9cjP.png

4bsVy.png
dnRkq.png
0GXe3.png
wrCPI.png
W4LBB.png
GGfxB.png
lBKwN.png
U2HJ9.png

PkhBV.png
ZdLM5.png
rKYPC.png
c2Zph.png
sI8lE.png
l8BtX.png
qjx6k.png
8LiYP.png

Zy2n6.png
LzsJN.png
l3338.png
uVMyC.png
7a3Uy.png
wK8Kd.png
ScMmA.png
lU6Fm.png

And many more.

http://www.mediafire...6wt29ffi4k4jach

Reactions: 2 people

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made my own set of source menu icons, mostly to match the 'ANDRO!D' theme.

lRF47.png
p9cjP.png

http://www.mediafire...6wt29ffi4k4jach

Just downloaded the set, they look nice!! Great job man :) I'm glad you did a complete set. These 2 preview icons don't do your set much justice though! Could you add maybe a couple more preview icons??

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still had some roms that i dont have his cover, my idea was to show only favorties games for each emulator, but the button only work with gamecube and wii (possibly wiiware but i didnt test). Anyone know about this?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still had some roms that i dont have his cover, my idea was to show only favorties games for each emulator, but the button only work with gamecube and wii (possibly wiiware but i didnt test). Anyone know about this?
Yes, sorry, but favorites doesn't work for emu games simply because they don't have game ID's which is how wiiflow keeps track of favorites if you look in config1 or 2.ini. They could possibly be converted to work like categories.ini (rom directory/rom name) but that takes more coding and doesn't really seem to be working with categories very well. maybe in the near future favorites will work for roms but for now sorry no.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, sorry, but favorites doesn't work for emu games simply because they don't have game ID's which is how wiiflow keeps track of favorites if you look in config1 or 2.ini. They could possibly be converted to work like categories.ini (rom directory/rom name) but that takes more coding and doesn't really seem to be working with categories very well. maybe in the near future favorites will work for roms but for now sorry no.
Thanks, i really was searching for an explication about this.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='mastershoes'], you still updating covers for emuflow on page 1 of this thread, or are they being updated to the other sites? I'm not pressing you or nothing just curious if I need to go signup somewhere so I can pick them up. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto