Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
How to Use Full Covers With WiiFlow-Mod:
/snip
I'll also add to that that to use FRONT covers with WiiFlow-Mod you use a similar process but put the covers in wiiflow/covers/ according to what it says in the INI file as in the example above.

To get the front covers to fill in for the missing ones that are not in [member='mastershoes']' FULL cover collections, farther down on the first post there's the "Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support" section and those can be used.
The only detail is that the SNES front covers will need to be rotated to match the orientation of the full covers. You can get a freeware bulk rotating program to do that for you here
http://www.softpedia...e-Rotator.shtml
(This doesn't apply to the N64 covers because all of the front covers are also in the full cover set.)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Full EmuFlow Covers
[yt]kkMTT-Rc75s[/yt]​
How can I get the select source menu like in this video? Instead I just have a button that cycles through Wii/GC/Channels/Emu/Homebrew.​
Back on the main thread, [member='fledge68'] posted this:
WiiFlow themes and Source menu packs. If you don't like them then don't use them. Read the README's for more info.​
These are slightly different from the previous post on google source - they include mastershoes emuflow 4:3 edits and some minor changes. I'm hoping newbies will use the source_menu.ini in the AbdallahTerro folder since it matches Fix94's plugin pack.​
According to googlecode,​
Code:
use #2 for SNES/N64 and #6 for gamegear and all gameboy games.
do this by setting emuflow=2 or emuflow=6 for each of those buttons in the /wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini file.​
You hold down the B button for 3 seconds to get to the source menu.​
.​
Also, in the wiiflow.ini file in /apps/wiiflow/ there's a line in the [GENERAL] section that says​
b_on_mode_to_source=no
change it to​
b_on_mode_to_source=yes
and you'll be able to just press the B button on that cycling through button and it will also get you there.​

Reactions: 1 person

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plain 2D-front-only covers floating around for the non-nintendo platforms? I'm really wanting to get my meathooks on the boxarts for the sega genesis games and I dont have photoshop or anything setup to crop the full covers down.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Are there any plain 2D-front-only covers floating around for the non-nintendo platforms? I'm really wanting to get my meathooks on the boxarts for the sega genesis games and I dont have photoshop or anything setup to crop the full covers down.
You could always use MS Paint to crop them down but that's, of course, not as nice as doing a batch operation with Photoshop.

Anyway, I was kinda curious what you'd want just the front covers for.
If it's to use with GenPlusGX and you really do know where to put the images for them to show up, do share. I've been curious about that for the longest time.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use them for the emulator on my phone. The screen is already small enough that you couldn't read the text on the back of the box if it took up the entire screen. And then I have it showing like 9 covers at once, so its very tiny. I can load the full covers at runtime and crop them, but I would rather just chop he covers down to a decent size in the first place. It makes a difference with the loading times when I am loading over twice as much data for the full covers and then immediately removing the back and sides.

bayern01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am definitely following this, looks very good! the only thing i am confused about is where do I start? haha, I have the newest WiiFlow mod and some plugins, but that is it. Any basic tutorials out there for this?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i found some covers here

***SNIP***
you might want to remove that link. ;) seeing as how that site also has the roms to download.
Lol, and now ppl know, and even worse, if he deletes his link, ppl can still use the link in your post. :P
But on a serious note, i dont think this is that bad, the site itself is legal (see the disclamer).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just went ahead and made myself a litle something-something to grab the front cover from those genesis full covers and then resize the thing to match the size for the front NES cover packs. In case anybody else is interested, this is the bit of code I used
Code:
QDir d( "./Gen-MD USA (615)" );
QFileInfoList pngs = d.entryInfoList();
foreach( const QFileInfo &png, pngs )
{
QImage i( png.absoluteFilePath() );
if( i.isNull() )
{
continue;
}
int xStart = 585;
QImage i2 = i.copy( xStart, 0, i.width() - xStart, i.height() ).scaled( 160, 224, Qt::IgnoreAspectRatio, Qt::SmoothTransformation);
i2.save( "./output/" + png.fileName(), "PNG" );
}
exit( 0 );

I cheated it by 6 pixels to make the sizes match up, but you cant really tell when you actually see the covers in the program.

Reactions: 2 people

bayern01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know the solution to the SNES covers? i manually rotated the images and loaded them. then I see the box cover art still flipped it to the wrong side haha. maybe i missed something?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
does anyone know the solution to the SNES covers? i manually rotated the images and loaded them. then I see the box cover art still flipped it to the wrong side haha. maybe i missed something?
The SNES images for full covers (front and back) you leave as they are. The ones you have to rotate are the front covers (farther down the first post among the emulator covers) so they're on their side like the full covers are. This will help with the rotation http://www.softpedia...e-Rotator.shtml
Next, what you do is you install this and follow the instructions
Back on the main thread, [member='fledge68'] posted this:

WiiFlow themes and Source menu packs. If you don't like them then don't use them. Read the README's for more info.

http://www.mediafire...snfxl7wz4bswaew
These are slightly different from the previous post on google source - they include mastershoes emuflow 4:3 edits and some minor changes. I'm hoping newbies will use the source_menu.ini in the AbdallahTerro folder since it matches Fix94's plugin pack.

According to googlecode,
Code:
use #2 for SNES/N64 and #6 for gamegear and all gameboy games.
do this by setting emuflow=2 or emuflow=6 for each of those buttons in the /wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini file.
and I hope [member='fledge68'] doesn't mind me quoting him so much with this.
That should flip the SNES (and N64) covers on their side like they're supposed to be.
There are also some instruction in the file itself when you download it.

If you don't want all the bells and whistles for the themes, here's the basics http://www.mediafire.com/?fb11e3b80dw23ar just put it in your /wiiflow/themes/ folder instead of all the other ones if you don't want more than an enhancement on your default theme.

bayern01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks for the info! I did about half of that and I guess now I have to figure out how to bring up the box covers, considering the plugins are all pointing to the corresponding wiiflow/boxcovers/(emulator name folder) and nothing is loading. All .png files are named exactly like the direct file name. One came up last time, then disappeared.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ah thanks for the info! I did about half of that and I guess now I have to figure out how to bring up the box covers, considering the plugins are all pointing to the corresponding wiiflow/boxcovers/(emulator name folder) and nothing is loading. All .png files are named exactly like the direct file name. One came up last time, then disappeared.
That's weird.
probably tried all this already but
so you say their names like mario.smc.png and the "(emulator name folder)" above is what's set in coverFolder= in the INI ?
all the games show up but they just have ? marks on them, no cover, right?
have you tried refreshing the cache in the home button menu while in the emulator's coverflow?

bayern01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird.
probably tried all this already but
so you say their names like mario.smc.png and the "(emulator name folder)" above is what's set in coverFolder= in the INI ?
all the games show up but they just have ? marks on them, no cover, right?
have you tried refreshing the cache in the home button menu while in the emulator's coverflow?

yep, that is exactly the situation and they are named exactly in that format. my Wiiflow app is on my SD card, roms/backups are on my USB hard drive, plugin and boxcovers folders are on my USB. I did something one time and one cover actually worked, but then it disappeared the next time I tried it again. It is definitely weird. I am just working on everything right now with the plugins, going through process of elimination of any combination I can come up with haha.

I do reload the cache and it is just the same thing- question marks. I am using the Default theme right now...

EDIT: I solved it. Basically for the plugins I had usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers/(emu name). I changed it to reflect what was in my WiiFlow .ini....usb:/wiiflow/boxcovers. Now they have appeared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto