Hacking Could WiiGators Backup Launcher be used to boot custom DVDs?

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a Wii has a modchip its possible to trucha sign a custom made disc and boot it. The homebrew isntaller ISO is a well known example.

One benefit I could see would be Guitar Hero or Rock Band with custom songs inserted or the SSBB modifications that have been made.

My other related question is - Would you need firmware 3.2 because of the trucha bug or could this essentially bypass that requirement allowing the boot of custom (patched of course) discs on a system with 3.3?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't worry about gettin' custom songs on GH, the new GH Tour, would give you the option of create your own song files like frets on fire but now with Drums, Guitar, Bass and Vocals...!!

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciper said:
When a Wii has a modchip its possible to trucha sign a custom made disc and boot it. The homebrew isntaller ISO is a well known example.

One benefit I could see would be Guitar Hero or Rock Band with custom songs inserted or the SSBB modifications that have been made.

My other related question is - Would you need firmware 3.2 because of the trucha bug or could this essentially bypass that requirement allowing the boot of custom (patched of course) discs on a system with 3.3?

Thanks

I have already burnt two custom versions (one is a dlc edition, the other is a guitar hero 2 edition) of guitar hero 3 and they both work fine its just that the speed the that backup launcher runs at (i think is 3x) is way too slow to actually play either of the games.

So yes you can boot custom dvd's, now we just have to wait for the backup launcher to read discs faster in order to play those games.

P.S: not sure about SSB:B though you might have to try that on your own

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==