Could WiiGators Backup Launcher be used to boot custom DVDs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ciper, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ciper
    OP

Member ciper GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When a Wii has a modchip its possible to trucha sign a custom made disc and boot it. The homebrew isntaller ISO is a well known example.

One benefit I could see would be Guitar Hero or Rock Band with custom songs inserted or the SSBB modifications that have been made.

My other related question is - Would you need firmware 3.2 because of the trucha bug or could this essentially bypass that requirement allowing the boot of custom (patched of course) discs on a system with 3.3?

Thanks

2. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Since its already truncha bugged every game that is patch so don't worry about that.

3. Hideous

Member Hideous GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    As far as I know, it actually extracts and decrypts the game partition, so it shouldn't actually be a problem.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Don't worry about gettin' custom songs on GH, the new GH Tour, would give you the option of create your own song files like frets on fire but now with Drums, Guitar, Bass and Vocals...!!

5. locustlx

Newcomer locustlx Member

United States
    I have already burnt two custom versions (one is a dlc edition, the other is a guitar hero 2 edition) of guitar hero 3 and they both work fine its just that the speed the that backup launcher runs at (i think is 3x) is way too slow to actually play either of the games.

So yes you can boot custom dvd's, now we just have to wait for the backup launcher to read discs faster in order to play those games.

P.S: not sure about SSB:B though you might have to try that on your own