Hacking Could the browser cia be reinstalled after updating?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sounds like the same method you did with the timewarp cia correct? Seeing as your PoC has worked I'd say this could definitely work. I have a feeling you tried it already......

it's kind of the same idea as the ds whitelist thing sure. it can be, there are 2 ideas i shared. one that might let you access eshop, and one that might not :D (but the browser would work in classic mode) -- all are reversible and not permanent
i haven't tried it, i have not used my 3ds for a while but i am quite sure this will work

Reactions: Margen67

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok , I installed it succesfully , it was easy :) ( didn't took days I just didnt want to update yet) , I saw the browser version was 5.0 before the spoof and now it is 22.something , I dont think a newer version will ever replace the spoofed one right=? as it , if they update the firmware again with a new browser update the spoofed one won't get deleted?

I'm not caring much about eshop , since I use devmenu I relinquished using it since it deletes some of my stuff if I go inside

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok , I installed it succesfully , it was easy :) ( didn't took days I just didnt want to update yet) , I saw the browser version was 5.0 before the spoof and now it is 22.something , I dont think a newer version will ever replace the spoofed one right=? as it , if they update the firmware again with a new browser update the spoofed one won't get deleted?

I'm not caring much about eshop , since I use devmenu I relinquished using it since it deletes some of my stuff if I go inside
Do all the browser exploits work?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

yes if your version number is high enough that nintendo themselves never reach it, it will never get replaced.
but you can delete it yourself in devmenu (the browser), and then install the real one if you wanted

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Can you please explain my step per step how you did it, please?

I installed/overwritten the generated cia, just like you (https://i.imgur.com/xHy1gId.png).
When I check the browser version, it's the old one, so it installed succesfull.
BUT when I run an exploit (ex. pokemon qr code, just like you), it freezes and does nothing.
I already deleted all my browser data but no luck :(

I also read another post in this topic about uninstalling the old version. But I can't find it.
I only see CTR-(some letters) but what exactly is the (old) browser?

How can I reach the same resaults as you step by sep?

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if the version is newer you can overwrite. but to restore the exploited one (maybe to allow you on eshop) you will need to delete THE ONE with devmenu.
I want to install the exploited browser again.I have downloaded the right cia with 3DNUS, just like Masterzero. I already installed this cia on my 3ds. My browser is "spider (9.2)" again but the exploids seems to freeze.
It's because I can't find that file that I need to uninstall. Can you please tell me WHICH file I need to uninstall whit DEVMENU please? (which CTR-...) What's it's name? I can't find/know which file I need to uninstall.

Thanks in advance.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to install the exploited browser again.I have downloaded the right cia with 3DNUS, just like Masterzero. I already installed this cia on my 3ds. My browser is "spider (9.2)" again but the exploids seems to freeze.
It's because I can't find that file that I need to uninstall. Can you please tell me WHICH file I need to uninstall whit DEVMENU please? (which CTR-...) What's it's name? I can't find/know which file I need to uninstall.

Thanks in advance.

The one you're looking for to uninstall the browser is down near the bottom of the list in devmenu. 0009d Browser for EU. Not sure what it says for a US console as i don't have one.

Image below.
Fegc2Fc.jpg

Reactions: cearp

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This title isn't there. I even tried Big Red Men but it isn't there either.
I differently must done something wrong.

This is what I done:
0. My Nintendo 3DS (emunand) is at (GW) 9.5.0-23E & sysnand on 9.2.
My laptop is Windows 8.1 pro/10 dualbooted. I used Windows 8.1 pro.

1. I downloaded 3DNUS V1.8 and ran the 64 bit version

2. I have chosen for this settings (https://i.imgur.com/xHy1gId.png).

3. Copy the generated cia to the big sd-card

4. I launched devmenu and installed this cia.

5. When this was done I launched my 3ds browser

6. It said 1.7567at the bottom and I chose to delete all data

7. I launched Pokémon OR and tried the Pokémon.ekx injector exploid. Sometimes it freezes on the load screen and sometimes it keeps hanging on the green screen. (the message, "an error has occur" never come.
I also tried the pokémon shuffle exploid, it also freezes. The browser exploits work in my sysnand but what I try to do is to let the exploits run in emunand to play infinity pokémon shuffle.

8. When I look in devmenu or Big Red Menu, I cant find BROWSER for EU, 0x0009d nor CTR-N HBRP. I've checked it even 10-times!

What exactly do I wrong?
How can I launch browser exploits in emunand?

Jerros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what I try to do is to let the exploits run in emunand to play infinity pokémon shuffle.

From what I've read and heared, the Shuffle exploit NEVER worked in emuNAND. It's ONLY possible in sysNAND.

To use the exploit while already having emuNAND on 9.5-23 but the sysNAND on an older version, to work around the fact that you can't use 3DNUS to modify the sysNAND browser, can't you do this:

Restore sysNAND to *old version from your original backup; pre-9.0* --> set emuNAND to *old version from your original backup; pre-9.0* --> Use 3DNUS to update sysNAND browser to the exploitable version --> create backup of *old version from your original backup; pre-9.0* emuNAND (with exploit) --> restore that backup on sysNAND (which should work right?) --> use the exploit in sysNAND *old version from your original backup; pre-9.0* (with different browser) --> revert sysNAND to 4.X after using exploit?

Or assuming you have sys at 4.5 (sys9.2 and lower can be set to 4.5 for 999 extra benefits), install emuNAND 4.5 from sysNAND, use 3DNUS to install exploit-browser, create backupfrom emuNAND, restore sysNAND to that backup? Then you'd have a 4.5 sysNANd with browser 9.0?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this possible on new 3DS? What is the part of the systems cias who installs the web browser on this console?

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible on new 3DS? What is the part of the systems cias who installs the web browser on this console?
/bump
this is only possible until 9.2/10.7 on both systems, as the easiest way to do this (FBI) requires full arm11/arm9 access, which 11.0/1 users don't have. you could use sysdowngrader/updater to do this to 10.7 (or 11.0 if you downgraded native_firm), but most people go to 9.2 anyways. i was able to do this on 11.1.0-34, but only because i was using FBI.cia on a9lh. the -20 browser is fully operational; no update nag or anything (because luma3ds), the exploit even works, except that it orange screens. could be a way for CFW users to get homebrew by downgrading the browser and maybe native_firm. other than that, no way.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY don't mean to necro-bump this thread, but is there a way to uninstall the web browser in the 3DS using FBI or Godmode9? I am trying to prevent our teen from going online with it, and she knows how to disable the pin I setup. she also uses a wi-fi hotspot, so I can't block it in my router. I think I can always just reinstall the browser .cia from NUS downloader, right? Or would removing the browser break the system? (I have NAND backups)

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I REALLY don't mean to necro-bump this thread, but is there a way to uninstall the web browser in the 3DS using FBI or Godmode9? I am trying to prevent our teen from going online with it, and she knows how to disable the pin I setup. she also uses a wi-fi hotspot, so I can't block it in my router. I think I can always just reinstall the browser .cia from NUS downloader, right? Or would removing the browser break the system? (I have NAND backups)
Delete it all together, or delete the system settings and her internet connection ;p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...