Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
@chaoskagami
Just to report that the CETK FIRM decryption is working just fine :3
and that with the new commit of 40 ~ 50 min ago is booting kinda super fast and when I turn on my console appears some menuhax screen on the bottom screen (using Aurora's A9LH with mini CFW, corbenik payload is arm9loaderhax_si.bin)

Reactions: shawn_ and Wolfvak

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@chaoskagami
Just to report that the CETK FIRM decryption is working just fine :3
and that with the new commit of 40 ~ 50 min ago is booting kinda super fast and when I turn on my console appears some menuhax screen on the bottom screen (using Aurora's A9LH with mini CFW, corbenik payload is arm9loaderhax_si.bin)

Dunno why it's booting kinda-super-fast, but I think that's that good? I did optimize a few things here and there.

The latest commit also does some very...uh, weird things with the framebuffer. Namely, I'm screeninit'ing on screeninit consoles to get an RGBA8 framebuffer. You can rename to arm9loaderhax.bin as of the latest commit. It's fixed.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno why it's booting kinda-super-fast, but I think that's that good? I did optimize a few things here and there.

The latest commit also does some very...uh, weird things with the framebuffer. Namely, I'm screeninit'ing on screeninit consoles to get an RGBA8 framebuffer. You can rename to arm9loaderhax.bin as of the latest commit. It's fixed.

Yeah, It's a good thing, my N3DS is booting about 2 ~ 3 sec faster
I'm gonna do that right now, thanks again for your time and making this awesome CFW

Last edited by Gray_Jack,
Reactions: chaoskagami

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest commit working great! Been abusing it the last three hours, only one minor issue which has already been discussed...approximately 1 out of 5 down key presses, it moves 2 times instead of 1. Minor annoyance, just wanted to mention it. N3DS XL US version. Thanks again for Corbenik, it's amazing! :) Oh, boot time does appear faster as well, didn't set a timer, but seems like there is an improvement [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The brick was my own fault, I was dicking around with the ShadowNAND code to see what it would take to brick my system. I was intending to brick it, to see if I could brick it.

And I've been testing it the entire 23 days. The only "bug" I can think of, is when you turn "Dim background" on, it doesn't completely dim it at first, it only dims the background around the text, but leaving the screen fixes it. That's really not much of a big deal though.
As long as you don't change stage1 and altstage2, you can recover from brick. Provided you use ShadowNAND Installer.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As long as you don't change stage1 and altstage2, you can recover from brick. Provided you use ShadowNAND Installer.
I actually did change the altstage2. Before anything, I did everything intentionally, ShadowNAND was not the cause of the brick, I was, I wanted to brick my system. ShadowNAND just happen to be the tool I was using to brick it.
I wanted to test out a few different way to actually brick my system, so I made a back up and started working on it. Once it was bricked, I was actually intending to practice setting up a hard mod (I was going to buy the tools last week) and repair it myself. But ultimately scrapped the 2DS in favour of repairing my 3DS.
I would like to make it clear, that I wanted to kill my 2DS for the sake of personal science.
ShadowNAND was not the direct cause, but the indirect tool I used. It could have easily been SafeA9LHInstaller that I could have used. But considering the tool that was on my 2DS at the time was ShadowNAND installer, I used that instead.
Edit: On topic: arm9loaderhax.bin is working again ^_^

Last edited by The Catboy,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
@chaoskagami
Is corbenik still broken? I just updated to the last commit, it compiles, but it freeze before the payload menu shows up (I end up with the screens only displaying my background images)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
@chaoskagami
Is corbenik still broken? I just updated to the last commit, it compiles, but it freeze before the payload menu shows up (I end up with the screens only displaying my background images)
I haven't tried the very last commit, but I've never experienced this.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@chaoskagami
I just downloaded the latest nightly and I can not replicate this. Try downloading the pre-compiled version and seeing if that works.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I actually did change the altstage2. Before anything, I did everything intentionally, ShadowNAND was not the cause of the brick, I was, I wanted to brick my system. ShadowNAND just happen to be the tool I was using to brick it.
I wanted to test out a few different way to actually brick my system, so I made a back up and started working on it. Once it was bricked, I was actually intending to practice setting up a hard mod (I was going to buy the tools last week) and repair it myself. But ultimately scrapped the 2DS in favour of repairing my 3DS.
I would like to make it clear, that I wanted to kill my 2DS for the sake of personal science.
ShadowNAND was not the direct cause, but the indirect tool I used. It could have easily been SafeA9LHInstaller that I could have used. But considering the tool that was on my 2DS at the time was ShadowNAND installer, I used that instead.
Edit: On topic: arm9loaderhax.bin is working again ^_^

NoNAND is that you?

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@chaoskagami

I updated the screeninit code and it's roughly paired with the corbenik code, so if you did a partial arm9loaderhax-only update, unsurprised. Otherwise, can't repro.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated the screeninit code and it's roughly paired with the corbenik code, so if you did a partial arm9loaderhax-only update, unsurprised. Otherwise, can't repro.

I always update every file of corbenik, it still gave me that strange reaction, but skeith worked well (Maybe it was a compile problem(?) but it didn't show any error when comiling)

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone test a thing for me? Install Super ftpd II Turbo .cia on your 3DS and see if corbenik shows the app icon
For some reason it does not appears on mine, but appears with Cakes and Luma, see if you can reproduce this bug(?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Leeches can't afford a $60 handheld:angry: