ROM Hack Converting a SoulSliver save into a HeartGold save

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAsix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 14,104
  • Replies Replies 14

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
1,685
Solutions
4
Reaction score
114
Trophies
3
Age
35
Location
ICS
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
2,738
Country
United States
So I got a new 3DS and I finally got my supercard working, but I forgot to back up my SD card I had previously used in it and lost ALL my saves. I was lucky though to come across a backup of my Acekard files and I wanted to know if I can convert my soulsliver save into a heartgold one (since I want to play the opposite version now, but don't want to start over)
 
pokemon HG and SS is same structure, you can found icon HG SS on HG or SS so is possible for using same save file...

HG = SS
D = P
B = W

^ is possibility can using same file save on same generation of these game .. if game the release date is same so is possible is can using same save file like HG save file to SS is working too. is no need converting, but beware some exclusive item or part it will conflict like pokemon BW on white forest and black city,
 
ofcourse it will, the script didnt change.
but be aware of some events, some are slightly different and could mess up your save data.
 
yeah, they are both the same game in terms of save file format. As long as the .sav matches the name of the game it will work. All the pokemon from the same generation with exception to the special versions the save files are compatible.
Red = Blue
Gold = Silver
Diamond = Pearl
Ruby = Sapphire
Fire Red = Leaf Green
 
This is pretty cool. I dont think i would have thought it would have been that easy.
 
Changing the .sav's to match the other games also allows you to capture version-specific Pokemon.
Example would be Seviper and Zangoose, save on that route, capture one, switch the names, capture the other.
This method is very useful for completing the Pokedex without trading.
:ninja:
 
If both games are from the same generation like HG and SS it means that the games use the same engine - so they use the same save file structure.
It would be a waste of effort and time to code the second version from scratch or change the save file structure, right? ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted