Homebrew Convert SaveFiles from old versions to 4.3

Leeohaddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello
I installed the Save Manager GX to my Homebrew Channel to install some full featured PBR savefile. However, every savefile i found was 3646kb and the one i extracted using the program was a little smaller...anyway...i installed the downloaded savefile to my wii using the program but when i startes the PBR game i couldnt load it...i get some "corrupted save file" message...trying to copy using the older way...deleting the existing file and transferir the data.bin from the private/titles/RPBE folder using the Wii System's Data Manager, i couldn't even copy the savefile...

I guess it's because my Wii is on 4.3U and the savefiles are probably for older versions...
How can i convert this savefiles to the new format?
Is there any other problem that may be causing this ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It has nothing to do with the Wii Firmware Version.

It's actually the homebrew you are using (Savegame Manager GX) which changed the way it backup and restore the savegames.
Older backup'ed saves are not compatible with newer manager.

You should use an older revision to first restore your saves to the Wii, then update to the latest Savegame Manager GX and backup all your saves to SD/usb again to have an up to date file format.

The save file format and process changed in r87 and r89.
First, try with a version older than 87 to restore your saves.
If it doesn't work, maybe you did the backup with either r87 or r88. Try r88.

PS : Are you sure there are "data.bin" files ?
savegame Manager GX extract the save content and create multiple files (more like banner.bin and 01.dat)
if your backups are in data.bin form, then it's maybe from another savegame manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.