Priiloader Remove NoCopy Save File Protection not working

Cotton_Candy_2C

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to copy my Brawl savefile over to the SD card, but when I try enabling the "Remove NoCopy Save File Protection" on Priiloader, it does absolutely nothing. What's weird is that SaveGame Manager GX also refuses to copy Brawl or any other save that disables copying to the Wii (it will copy non restricted saves just fine) so maybe something is just wrong with my Wii in general

Reactions: mikefor20

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

did you do ""saves setting"" when you configured Priiloader in Priiloader settings??

have you tried another version of savegame manager gx?

have you tried another SD card?

Cotton_Candy_2C

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

did you do ""saves setting"" when you configured Priiloader in Priiloader settings??

have you tried another version of savegame manager gx?

have you tried another SD card?
I did save the settings, and it still doesn't work, also, apparently SaveGame Manager GX did actually transfer the files, but it just kept saying that it failed the transfer for some reason

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's usually either shitty compatibility with your SD or out of date/missing files. Does BootMii see your SD? The Wii may see it but sometimes homebrew won't. I always found BootMii to be a good litmus test. If BootMii sees it, usually, (S)NEEK, Priiloader and all the programs will see it too. If I were you I would do the following.

Backup the SD

Format with Panasonic SD Formatter

Download the newest Priiloader and patch file.(you could use ModMii to get all essential files and rehack your Wii..just to make sure it's not a ghost in the machine situation)

Put just essential files on the SD and try again.

If it works, copy your backup back but do not overwrite the working files.

If it doesn't work try another SD.

That's kinda you're best and only option.

Reactions: jeannotte

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snag up a 16GB SanDisk SD card or something similar and you're good to go.

The Wii is ... persnickety. I had issues in the past. 4GB or smaller cards may be standard SD, as in non SDHC. That seems to.be the most compatable. That is what existed at launch. SDHC was for cameras. The Ninty drivers were, and still are, crap. Tons of stuff has issues from time to time. I have a 16GB Transcend that was my main card. Worked for everything IIRC. Have a 32GB sandisk now that works although i can't recall if priiloader/bootmii/neek/rawk sd/salty/quadforce or OpenBOR worked with it. Those are all the most picky apps in my experience. 16 gb transcend worked. Class 10 i think.

Try cards. Non SDHC/SDXD are more compatable. Just because the Wii sees it doesn't mean all homebrew will. There used to be a compatability list...

And the Wii formats like shit. Use Panasonic SD Formatter. It was the standard. 32k clusters. GuiFormat should work but didn't exist in the Wii days. Panasonic SD Formatter was the standard. I still use it for old stuff.

Do consider rehacking the Wii and starting from scratch. ModMii is easy and you can eliminate a ton of variables by making sure every cios and app is up to date and correctly installed. It's FAST and easy. Modmii downloads ios files, patches them and gets your homebrew too. Prints a guide. You can skip installing HBC as long as you're sure it's upto date.

That would be the intelligent, complete. easy,no guess-work, preventing issues route.

Having out dated or i incorrectly configured shit is mostly what goes wrong with Wii,... mostly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1