ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea this tech existed. I have no real idea on how I would implement this, sorry to say.
It's totally cool. It was a longshot, and just icing on the cake but at least it exists in Turbo. I'll lab a couple of options to see what works.

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the other characters it probably will work, I just haven't tried them out. I just thought doing that for the ones with separate character files would be the easiest one to do, so I went with it.
As for the whole "Game" tab thing, I have no idea what you're talking about, though I'm using an older version of Animcmd. I just copied the "main" tab of the code. If you can't find it I would jump back a version of Animcmd just to do that, unless @Sammi Husky would like to grace us with a solution.

Oh ok i was using the nightly build version of Animcmd, and the game tab thing is in the nightly version but ill try using a lower version and see if it works

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the other characters it probably will work, I just haven't tried them out. I just thought doing that for the ones with separate character files would be the easiest one to do, so I went with it.
As for the whole "Game" tab thing, I have no idea what you're talking about, though I'm using an older version of Animcmd. I just copied the "main" tab of the code. If you can't find it I would jump back a version of Animcmd just to do that, unless @Sammi Husky would like to grace us with a solution.

FITX is far more stable and is the backend that SM4SHCommand will be moved to using in the future. I've also written Smash Forge integration with FITX as it's backend. However, i haven't done super extensive testing with FITX just yet and i do know that a few characters (DDD, gamewatch) have a few issues. Though i think SM4SHCommand also has the same issues with those chars right now.

I've been really busy working with Ploaj and Jam on Smash Forge so i haven't had much time to work on FITX/SM4SHCommand yet. That in combination with the holidays have left me with no time to work. I'll be getting back to working on it soon though.

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried transferring the main tab for sonic but all it did was close in on him and then he disappeared...not to mention moves that i never touched are acting weird now

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried transferring the main tab for sonic but all it did was close in on him and then he disappeared...not to mention moves that i never touched are acting weird now
Then it's probably not safe on other characters. I would revert any changes you made to Sonic and just leave it as is.

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's probably not safe on other characters. I would revert any changes you made to Sonic and just leave it as is.

yeah i did...im also confused because in animcmd i would only edit something like say megaman's up throw(throwhi) to make it stronger or increase the launch power and when i save it and exit out and try it in the game...it works, but its like his whole moveset is messed up..some moves wont even come out properly and then his final smash doesnt work anymore...now mind you....THE ONLY THING I TOUCHED WAS THROWHI....so did something corrupt when i saved or something? I know the nightly build of animcmd is a little unstable, but i tried saving it with a lower version and the same problem persisted....i dunno what to do anymore.

Update: It turns out it was only the special attacks that were messed up and I figured out an alternate method. I just edited the weapons animcmd instead of the fighter.... and discovered i could make their final smashes stronger.. and some of their specials...specifically megaman...his side smash buster is deadly now..

Last edited by jpmasterflex,

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: How did you guys edit clouds limit break bar? i had an idea: Instead of putting the final smashes in the appeal script, what if, we went into the smashball's effect.bin script in the animcmd item folder and somehow found the effect script and put that into any of the appeal scripts, thus giving the characters taunt for final smash...can that be done? would it work?

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: How did you guys edit clouds limit break bar? i had an idea: Instead of putting the final smashes in the appeal script, what if, we went into the smashball's effect.bin script in the animcmd item folder and somehow found the effect script and put that into any of the appeal scripts, thus giving the characters taunt for final smash...can that be done? would it work?
I... have no idea actually. I could try that.
I edited Cloud's limit through his params. When he charges limit he gains a specific amount of "limit". Once that amount reaches 100 he limit breaks. I simply changed the number of limit gained from 0.4 to 100, giving him instant limit.

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I... have no idea actually. I could try that.
I edited Cloud's limit through his params. When he charges limit he gains a specific amount of "limit". Once that amount reaches 100 he limit breaks. I simply changed the number of limit gained from 0.4 to 100, giving him instant limit.

I see...i went into it using animcmd the nightly build, i just wasnt sure which script was for which....whether it was for when it appears, is broken, or moves... and about the params, how did you figure out which entry was the limit break bar?

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow thanks a lot...i was beginning to think it was trial and error, but thats a loooootttt of time

SN: I tried putting the script of Cloud's Final Attack into appealhi, and he does the taunt still, but the slashes happen on the side, and the camera moves about a bit
Yeah, I don't think they work unless they load a different character. Someone in the thread recently did that with Sonic and it just flat out didn't work.

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think they work unless they load a different character. Someone in the thread recently did that with Sonic and it just flat out didn't work.

Yeah i tried it with sonic too...i had to settle with just making his final smash stronger

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i tried something else. I put the script from final start in the weapon\sonic\supersonic moveset into appealhi and now it sonic can taunt and deal damage at the same time

LegendaryOutcast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a couple questions. first being if this project is s till being worked on i see the last update was a few months ago, and im really enjoying this mod, it would bee cool to see the pending changes. I tried the editor for myself but your tutorial link is broken.

also I got a probably stupid question, is it possible to give a fighter any other fighters ability? for example fox/falco side-b to mario or something like that? even if the animation is messed up im just curious, it would entertaining to see every character have fox/falco side-b lol

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a couple questions. first being if this project is s till being worked on i see the last update was a few months ago, and im really enjoying this mod, it would bee cool to see the pending changes. I tried the editor for myself but your tutorial link is broken.

also I got a probably stupid question, is it possible to give a fighter any other fighters ability? for example fox/falco side-b to mario or something like that? even if the animation is messed up im just curious, it would entertaining to see every character have fox/falco side-b lol
The link is broken? Sorry about that.
As for any changes, there's some new things coming like dash dancing and chaingrabs. It's actually already in the mod, I just haven't updated the downloads.
You can definitely give moves to other fighters, just replace the code. I don't know how the move will work in game but the character's original animation will play out.

LegendaryOutcast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link is broken? Sorry about that.
As for any changes, there's some new things coming like dash dancing and chaingrabs. It's actually already in the mod, I just haven't updated the downloads.
You can definitely give moves to other fighters, just replace the code. I don't know how the move will work in game but the character's original animation will play out.

Sweeeet thanks for the quick response, looking forward to the update I'm loving this mod. :)

I want to try replacing every characters Rolling (block+side) with falco's side+B but without damage, also invulnerability and no added momentum to simply replace rolling with a super fast dash it should make for some epic fights.

Last edited by LegendaryOutcast,

NT1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing around tonight, ya know, playing a bit of Ganondorf. Did an up taunt after I got a kill on Zero Skill Samus.
Only, when I found out she was falling down slowly, I'm thinking, is her fall speed slower?
No...
Ya wanna explain to us how you gave good ol' Ganon here Witch Time?!

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o