ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! WuBoy here with an announcment!
After asking @Mattshark I am here to continue Turbo'd for the enjoyment of the masses!
Also, for those with transformation final smashes, or final smashes that load a separate character in Smash's files, you can press Up Taunt and basically go right into your final smash!
Bowser
Wario
Little Mac
Lucario
Here's a general list of things that you can now do in Turbo'd, outside of cancelling moves. It is still a heavy work in progress.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hCYCG9VIweqxQ-rNf84REMDN8YX4XBgo6QpWFgU2iuQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you to all who voted, I will be adding Infinite Recoveries to every character!

Now, every fan project will have glitches in there somewhere, so under this spoiler I will have a list of all the currently known glitches in the mod. I will attempt to fix them all in due time, though I'm wrapped up in so much stuff lately it's kind of hard to find a chance to.
Key:
GREEN - Fixed
BLUE - In the process of fixing
RED - Not fixed
-----------------------------------------------------
If Kirby inhales Falco, the game will crash. This will likely happen with Fox, Bayonetta as well, though those two haven't been tested. Just don't inhale anyone as Kirby until I figure out a work around. - Fixed from the update to SaltySD.
Classic mode crashes the game. - I don't know what causes this, I will look into it.
Transforming into Wario Man, Giga Bowser, Mega Lucario, and Giga Mac in the Training Room in Multiplayer will crash the game after starting the match. - Unable to fix, this has something to do with how the game loads characters, this will only crash the game for the players who transformed.

Lucina's Dancing Blade cannot hit enemies. - Fixed, Dancing Blade was mistakenly made to cancel after the first swipe.
Cancelling Captain Falcon's Up-B Grab will put the opponent in a T-Pose, and Falcon will be trapped in Special Fall. - Cannot fix, any attempt to will crash the game. I had to remove the Up-B Grab cancel entirely.
Using Up-Taunt to transform into Giga Bowser, Wario Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario do not play character voices and do not have the proper animation. Will attempt to fix the voices, but the animations will have to wait until we can edit those on 3DS.
There is now a Turbo'd Discord run by @DewTek and @BlueLatios! You can share friend codes and battle, find links to other mods, and just hang out. You can join with this link: https://discord.gg/3afCCm4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'm feeling kinda lazy right now so here's the original post by @Mattshark until I write something original.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as a side project, I have decided to gather together a bunch of mods I've created (or found) and put them together on a Github Page for everybody to enjoy!

The theme for this mod collection?

TURBO FIGHTERS!

Basically, these mods are taking random characters and making all of their moves TURBO FAST, along with a couple other random tweaks to just make everybody so freakin' overpowered, therefore balancing everybody with one another!

Except the CPUs. They'll probably be better than you with this mod.

If you have any fighter's you've TURBO'D, post them down below, and I'll try to test and add them to the collection as soon as possible!
READ THE GUIDELINES FIRST THOUGH:
GUIDELINES

If you want to know how to create these mods, see the Spoiler below:
To begin, you're going to have to obtain the files from your latest Smash Bros. Update; See this tutorial I found to obtain these files.
You're also going to need the BETA VERSION of Sm4shCommand from @Sammi Husky, Here.

Also make sure you make a backup of the files you obtain, in case you accidentally corrupt your fighter or mess it up in another way.

Now, let's get started!

Now, open SmashCommand, click on File, and open the fighter. Also "parse animations".
Travel to data/motion/fighter, then just highlight (click once, don't open) the character you want to edit, and click OK. Next, to see if you did it right, open the the little plus in the top right corner to find a large list of moves your fighter has. Ignore the areas with the random Letters and Numbers.
Double-Click the move you would like to TURBO-IFY™ to open the move's code. The names of the move are pretty self explanatory (AttackAirF = attacking in the air Forward, etc.), but some aren't as straight-forward... (difference between AttackS3 and AttackS4? WAT? (S4 is the smash attack and S3 is just a side tilt, just so you know :) ))

Anyways, once in the move you want to speed up, go to the top of the code and add this line above the rest of the code:

Set_Frame_Duration(0.7)

What this will do is make the animation of the attack play 7/10 as fast as it normally would.HOWEVER, don't get carried away setting it to 0.001, because I know you want to!
This will make the move happen so fast that the move probably won't even touch the other fighters.

0.7 or 0.6 is about right in my experience, only using 0.4 or so on rare occasions.

But there is one more thing you can do to make it feel even faster without being too overpowered:

Allow_Interrupt()

Basically, as soon as this is inserted, the player can use any attack they want right at this point. This means you can spam the same move, or jump in the middle of a punch, or whatever. However, once again, don't get carried away throwing it right at the beginning of every attack!

The problem with doing this:
Even simple actions, like walking, will cancel the attack immediately.

-------------------------------------------
1) NEVER put this at the very beginning of the move; most of the time, the attack will even cancel itself before it even starts!
2) NEVER put it before any "Hitbox(blahblahblah)" commands in your attack! you'll cancel it before your attack even hits anyone!
3) In some moves, like Luigi's Side B, simply won't Interrupt. If you put Allow_Interrupt into a move and nothing changes, keep in mind some moves just simply won't work.
----------------------------------------------------------------

To keep it simple, just type Allow_interrupt right after the last "Remove_All_Hitboxes()" in your code, even if its at the very end. Every move generally lasts a few frames longer than the code says it will, after all. Combine this and the Set_Frame_Duration from before, and your move will still have the turbo feel it deserves!

Once you finish editing all of the moves you need to, close all of the tabs (the little X's in the circles, not the close button) before you save your edited fighter.

To test your changes, check the "Installation instructions" link near the top of this page and follow the instructions on the github site. Finish that, and you're pretty much done!

*phew*
Check out this tool by @Cydget, the post basically tells you what to do. Please note that this requires the Luma 3DS CFW to run.
This issue only affects O3DS vs O3DS, I believe. N3DS should be fast enough to ignore this entirely.
If you are playing between an O3DS and a N3DS, make sure the N3DS hosts the room for no disconnection issues.
If you are playing with only O3DS then the first time you load into the training room it will most likely disconnect. This is fine, just enter the multiplayer room again.
This issue has to do with load time issues with SALTYSD. On O3DS, the load times are super bad. The only real way to get around this is to load the training room so SALTYSD doesn't have to check for any files to patch. After that, loading the game should be fine as long as you don't crash the game; if that happens, redo the steps above.
PLEASE NOTE:
For some reason Yoshi and Zelda will not become Turbo'd. I have no idea what is causing this issue, so I apologize to Yoshi and Zelda fans.
DOWNLOAD LINKS:
LATEST: 1/9/19
https://mega.nz/#!3g5VkQDJ!9Gyc87DUkDMQib-EZoAD0eIEEdiBQTQzPh4CYE2Vm-8
Note: It is recommended to delete your Turbo'd folder and completely replace it with this one. Doing so will fix Zelda and Yoshi, as well as give Zelda 4 jumps and Yoshi 6 jumps.
Older:
8/27/17
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1507235165437953/Turbod_Continued_8.27.17.zip
1/31/17
https://mega.nz/#!z5wWUKQS!LuxKgvO1sJDqPOgSxQfF_Qv841SQNhKijxM4666Ejag
1/30/17
https://mega.nz/#!y95mUTDa!DRL0Pwy1cVTc-wsK2u0u6wE8F2seOJLmLMp6MEvrqls
7/26/16
https://mega.nz/#!i8ojlL4K!BjhdJxSLnuD-jIFIKpuJPlV0zUHFCQpN99bWn7m1EJQ
6/28/16
https://mega.nz/#!y0RDCJ6D!6ksz3022vfXwe0_YIHW2FrnKji5Y2TVfBxQfNhJ2gdM
6/19/16
https://mega.nz/#!z4QyRAZA!QL619WAwmI-y6DuesoMd321n5vG9fLCmHnenHE85zCc
6/4/16
https://mega.nz/#!iwwGCC4a!h7nXhqlc4Yew3LYSWfZGX1JSM3NqgYjN2QAegwQUOoo
5/31/16 https://mega.nz/#!L4YnhZ7T!77xpWgL9tNS4T4aw_H5CvjDRqmcyF8_aFOppSb8P4jU
5/22/16 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kihv5lcntn7x1gf/TurbodContinued.rar?dl=0

Last edited by wuboy,
D

Deleted-379826

Sp does this mean we have all turbo'd fighters(please put them in one pack), I need to learn how to use these!

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah, pretty much everybody is turbo'd. They're all in one pack and are available to download. Just refer back to the OP for download instructions I just added.
Would you say this is more of melee or just full on OP

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you say this is more of melee or just full on OP
This mod just makes everyone broken in some way, by spamming tilts or smash attacks with little to no consequence.
Keep in mind that not every move can be interrupted, though I tried to make it so. An example is Ike's Quick Draw: He can only cancel the attacking animation, even though I tried to make his dash interrupt able as well.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you be adding "copter moves" like justinbug2 did or nah?
I will be, they just won't be as potent as, say, jusinbug2's "Flying Pikachu" where you can basically just fly around the stage.
I tried putting 1.8 units of momentum on Wario Man's NAir, and he just ended up flying straight upward. I gotta find a good middle ground for moves that rise you up, such as Wario Man's NAir and Up Air, and moves that make you just hover, which is what Pikachu's BAir SHOULD be.
Because of that, though, it will take a bit to comb through AnimCMD and add in momentum for those copter moves.
Hope I don't keep you waiting for tooooo long!

Reactions: joyoshi

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will be, they just won't be as potent as, say, jusinbug2's "Flying Pikachu" where you can basically just fly around the stage.
I tried putting 1.8 units of momentum on Wario Man's NAir, and he just ended up flying straight upward. I gotta find a good middle ground for moves that rise you up, such as Wario Man's NAir and Up Air, and moves that make you just hover, which is what Pikachu's BAir SHOULD be.
Because of that, though, it will take a bit to comb through AnimCMD and add in momentum for those copter moves.
The command thingie is Add/set momentum right? Maybe you could try set momentum (I don't know shit about programming or smashcommand tho)

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The command thingie is Add/set momentum right? Maybe you could try set momentum (I don't know shit about programming or smashcommand tho)
When you put Add/Set Momentum into AnimCMD it doesn't recognize it? Or at least, there might not be a usage diologue for it.
Also, Add Momentum seems to set momentum up to a certain amount of times in the air, then the effect will get weaker.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a flying Pikachu mod? Link please! I wanna try it out. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, The Bert and Ernie clip at the end is the best. +1