Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
one thing I want to quickly mention:
the reason I did not make a tutorial yet is because I am not comfortable with how it all runs at the moment, its still not all cleaned up and ready to use in all situations, once I am I will make helpful scripts and write some text up, similar to what I did with wuphax. but until then I would personally just suggest to wait if you are unsure about things.
A good thing would be making haxchi to boot some kind of "contenthax.elf" under the "wiiu" folder, by this way, you can put anything of your desire, perhaps a chainloader of the style of your arm9select, just to give ideas...

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's possible to copy them to sd and use the w.cp command to put them onto sysnand, you will have to figure out what /vol/ sd card us located on though
Just tested that, and I can definitely copy files from USB to SD doing that. I'm going to test the w.cpdir command, and if I can both get the files to SD and then copy back modified ones, I'll probably update the instructions for my thread to use this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A good thing would be making haxchi to boot some kind of "contenthax.elf" under the "wiiu" folder, by this way, you can put anything of your desire, perhaps a chainloader of the style of your arm9select, just to give ideas...
I could make a version that does so if you would like.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing I want to quickly mention:
the reason I did not make a tutorial yet is because I am not comfortable with how it all runs at the moment, its still not all cleaned up and ready to use in all situations, once I am I will make helpful scripts and write some text up, similar to what I did with wuphax. but until then I would personally just suggest to wait if you are unsure about things.
Thank you for all the hard work. :)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just tested that, and I can definitely copy files from USB to SD doing that. I'm going to test the w.cpdir command, and if I can both get the files to SD and then copy back modified ones, I'll probably update the instructions for my thread to use this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could make a version that does so if you would like.
I can do the haxchi mod by myself, the problem is to make a elf based boot manager/chainloader from stratch [emoji14] since I don't own any NDS VC game to install haxchi, but I'll try and give you some feedback if you want.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Here is my end result of playing about with Contenthax / Haxchi:

The music was used from xXDungeon_CrawlerXx's meta post, the images are an edit of one i found on Google. I notice javiliyors has done a similar edit of the same image. TheCyberQuake had some great info on metadata edits.

Thanks to smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek, fix94, the WiiUBru team and everyone else involved. This is some great stuff :)

My icons / banners ready for the Wii U: http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/0VheQWHa/file.html

bootTvTex.jpg

iconTex.png

Last edited by InsaneNutter,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For anyone who's interested here is my hopefully easy to follow tutorial from start to finish: -no-
I had to remove that link, seriously, linking to fw.img files, having no reference to my or smeas github ONCE so files get outdated, having every file copied directly to that site, having filenames such as "wii-u-permanent-homebrew-channel-launcher-install-100-boot-rate-brainage.zip" in there, this is the level of that iso site basically, so theres no way in hell I will let you just link to that here, sorry. On top of that the whole thing isnt even 100% finished yet either so that will be outdated very fast too.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't really answer my question though, do we still not have to get one of the games anyway?
Not sure what your asking here... Do we still not have to get one of the games anyway? Are you looking for a way to do this without having any of these games & having to purchase them? You can install these DS games with a fake tiket to use on redNAND or sysNAND after launching IOSHAX, Then inject Haxchi to the DS game, But you'll only be able to use these with redNAND or sysNAND (<<< After launching IOSHAX only). Going through all that defeats the purpose of having this hack in the first place IMO...

Either way, Your going to have to buy one of the games listed for now or have one of them already to use Haxchi. It says all this in the OP.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: the_randomizer

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Here is my end result of playing about with Contenthax / Haxchi:

For anyone who's interested here is my hopefully easy to follow tutorial from start to finish: -no-

Music was used from xXDungeon_CrawlerXx meta post, the images are an edit of one i found on Google. I notice javiliyors has done a similar edit of the same image. TheCyberQuake had some great info on metadata edits.

Thanks to smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek, fix94, the WiiUBru team and everyone else involved. This is some great stuff :)

Just a heads up to those thinking of following this guide...

<@FIX94> yea, that current file does not support the current homebrew launcher with rpx capabilites
<@FIX94> and it also crashes on language dependant settings loading cfw
<@FIX94> and it has that screen corruption loading hbl
<@FIX94> so really that is stuff I do not want ever
<@FIX94> because people cant wait for 2 days

Strongly advise everyone to not follow this guide and please just wait 2 days for the real developers to put out a solid release. Im as eager as everyone else, but this is your fair warning.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what your asking here... Do we still not have to get one of the games anyway? Are you looking for a way to do this without having any of these games & having to purchase them? You can install these DS games with a fake tiket to use on redNAND or sysNAND after launching IOSHAX, Then inject Haxchi to the DS game, But you'll only be able to use these with redNAND or sysNAND (<<< After launching IOSHAX only). Going through all that defeats the purpose of having this hack in the first place IMO...

Either way, Your going to have to buy one of the games listed for now or have one of them already to use Haxchi. It says all this in the OP.

Okay, that's all I wanted to know, and if I understand correctly, once the guide is set up by Fix94 (as he stated things need to be cleaned up a bit), we can install HBL to SysNAND without using RedNAND, correct?

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, that's all I wanted to know, and if I understand correctly, once the guide is set up by Fix94 (as he stated things need to be cleaned up a bit), we can install HBL to SysNAND without using RedNAND, correct?

correct, only thing is that it is a content hack, with the images of the content changed to look like a HBL

Reactions: the_randomizer

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I had to remove that link, seriously, linking to fw.img files, having no reference to my or smeas github ONCE so files get outdated, having every file copied directly to that site, having filenames such as "wii-u-permanent-homebrew-channel-launcher-install-100-boot-rate-brainage.zip" in there, this is the level of that iso site basically, so theres no way in hell I will let you just link to that here, sorry. On top of that the whole thing isnt even 100% finished yet either so that will be outdated very fast too.

After a lot of playing about i was just trying to make things as easy as possible. I do see your point though, My apologies, no offence was intended.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!
I found a very simple way to use loadiine directly without use browser and without have Wii U connected to internet
You have to compile the IOSUhax from the @TheCyberQuake 's Haxchi Mod Custom redNAND Launch Title thread, then choose your DS game version (but only HBL version) and replace it with WUPserver
This loads the homebrew_launcher.elf from SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ so then paste the .elf from loadiine GX2 and rename it to homebrew_launcher and when you open it it loads loadiine!
Bye!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol