Android Considering the Xperia Play

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psx4droid is really laggy, it just isn't optimized very well

on the other hand sony's own emulator works perfectly (i believe the phone comes with crash bandicoot), however AFAIK they haven't released any more games for purchase yet

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Originality said:
Don't use a task killer, they cause more problems than they fix.

As for the app you mentioned, remove the name from your post (its not allowed on these forums), and yes that behaviour is normal for their severely overloaded servers. Lots of pirates in the world, aren't there?
Actually, you are allowed to.
I was uncertain a while ago but I got clarification and you can, apparently.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Originality said:
Don't use a task killer, they cause more problems than they fix.

As for the app you mentioned, remove the name from your post (its not allowed on these forums), and yes that behaviour is normal for their severely overloaded servers. Lots of pirates in the world, aren't there?
Actually, you are allowed to.
I was uncertain a while ago but I got clarification and you can, apparently.

*snip

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a little problem: There's one app (game) shown on my battery widget, that it's consuming 42% battery power. So I opened up Advanced Task Killer to stop it but it isn't on its list. Then I restarted the phone and that app still shows up there after the restart.

What's the deal? How can I stop it?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way to you guys that are saying that the processor isn't good. I have the original Droid Incredible that has a processor that is worse then the new ones in the Xperia, Thunderbolt, and other phones. But my phone runs fast and great, all games work full speed don't get crashes ever unless if the app is poorly made.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it wasn't showing up in ATK it's possible you might have had to lower the security (i.e. show more apps/processes to look for the one you're looking for). But you've uninstalled that now so I guess that's mostly irrelevant. Still, I'd've expected it to be visible on default settings.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I rooted my Xperia Play. Now how do I remove those games? They still don't show up in the apps list.

Also I tried the Wifi-Thethering app. It starts up fine and my DS sees the Wifi, but my DS isn't able to connect to it. Any idea?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can use Titanium Backup (search on Market) to manage system apps. Be careful what you touch though; it's slightly advanced stuff and you could mess up something if you delete something vital.

Also I'm not sure if the DS can connect to Android Wi-Fi tethering. It's very particular about what security protocol it can connect over. If the tethering app supports it, see if you can change the security protocol (for example use WEP instead of WPA).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o