stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
if you're a emulatorerr (if thats even a word)

its a definite recommend must
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dgwillia said:
Well, just got home with my Xperia. Few quick questions

1. Is there a way to manually change the time? For some reason it has AM instead of PM, and it wont let me manually change it (The option is greyed out)
2. Where exactly do you purchase the PS1 games? (If they are even out, i checked VCast and didnt see anything), just curious of what the selection is
3. Also, why is so much of the SD Card taken already O_O. My Droid Eris barely used a Gig of an 8 gig card when i got it, this thing was down to 5.6 something when i had just opened it.
1. If you disable auto network sync, you should be able to change it. Also, disregard the dark text color, I don't know why it's like that but it's definitely not grayed out.
2. In North America, there are none yet. In Europe, they were released in April. If you Google the Playstation Suite, you should be able to find a list of games available there. But once the games are released here, you'll be able to find them on the PlayStation Pocket app included on the phone.
3. I got my Xperia Play like that too. I'm not sure why it's so much, but I know that at least some of that is filled by the preloaded games.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get everything set except Date/Time, maybe it'll reset after i leave it off for a while or something.

Either way, its pretty awesome. Managed to get Final Fantasy Tactics and Super Robot Taisen Alpha Gaiden working at damn near full speed. Along with trying out a few GBA games.

Kind of mad some of my old music formats didnt work though =/, time for some music searching

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
dgwillia said:
Kind of mad some of my old music formats didnt work though =/, time for some music searching
Try dBPowerAmp and it's batch conversion feature?

Actually just ended up getting them through a Youtube downloader again. Thanks though.

On a side note, is there anyway to use the D-Pad/Buttons to control the Keyboard?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
dgwillia said:
Well, just got home with my Xperia. Few quick questions

1. Is there a way to manually change the time? For some reason it has AM instead of PM, and it wont let me manually change it (The option is greyed out)
2. Where exactly do you purchase the PS1 games? (If they are even out, i checked VCast and didnt see anything), just curious of what the selection is
3. Also, why is so much of the SD Card taken already O_O. My Droid Eris barely used a Gig of an 8 gig card when i got it, this thing was down to 5.6 something when i had just opened it.1. If you disable auto network sync, you should be able to change it. Also, disregard the dark text color, I don't know why it's like that but it's definitely not grayed out.
2. In North America, there are none yet. In Europe, they were released in April. If you Google the Playstation Suite, you should be able to find a list of games available there. But once the games are released here, you'll be able to find them on the PlayStation Pocket app included on the phone.
3. I got my Xperia Play like that too. I'm not sure why it's so much, but I know that at least some of that is filled by the preloaded games.

i just checked on my verizon xperia play, the date & time settings are all definitely greyed out (except time format & date format), couldn't tell u why

oh, i swapped mine out with a 16gb and i had to download all the games later, i know that asphalt 6 is about 1 GB, and most of the other preloaded games are around 300MB

QUOTE(dgwillia @ Jun 16 2011, 11:40 PM)
On a side note, is there anyway to use the D-Pad/Buttons to control the Keyboard?
no, and why would u want to anyway?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on my Xperia Play right now. It's awesome.

The battery is good, the phone is amazing, Android is amazing, the control pad is pretty good.

The control pad is awesome for the emulators, and the exclusives are pretty good.

I didn't read through most of the thread, so I'll answer any questions you got.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, because im so used to typing on my PS3/PSP with my D-Pad/Buttons. Just wondering if it was possible XD.

Either way, guess im gonna have to swing by the Verizon store to see what the heck is up with the Date/Time thing.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
coolbho3000 said:
Wabsta said:
SpaceJump said:
Wabsta said:
SpaceJump said:
I'm considering getting an Xperia Play. I currently have a jailbreaked iPhone 4 and have some questions how these two compare:

- First of all the Xperia Play runs Android, so is there some sort of "Jailbreak" for it available similar to the iPhone's?

- I know of emulators for Android phones. Are these free? Do they use the Xperia Play's "controller"?

- How good are the Android phones user interfaces compared to iPhone's? Are there free apps for e.g. ebay like iPhone apps?
- You don't have to, you can just install illegaly downloaded apps.
- They are not free, and the latest android has some awesome hardware button mapping, that can be used in emulators.
- The interface is better, and fully customizable with the right apps (make it look like wp7, like iphone, or even a really custom design).
- Yes, most apps like, the ebay app, and stuff, are free.
But aren't the apps signed to run only on the device you downloaded them to?
Nope.
smile.gif
There's a very easy and non-intrusive DRM that us developers can choose to implement in 5 minutes. Stops all piracy until someone goes and disassembles and cracks your app which doesn't happen often and is really hard to do if you obfuscate well.

The Xperia Play is OEM unlockable out of the box. They basically have a way for you to root/"jailbreak" it officially. They're the company outside of Google to do this. Sony Ericsson is being so different from Sony Computer Entertainment in the homebrew/hacking/etc. regard.
I'm guessing you don't implement this?

Sorry man, i was broke
No I don't, since I have alternative channels of distribution other than the Android Market and doing that would break them.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a problem with my mSD card: I openened the back of the Xperia Play to remove the SIM card and put it back. All apps that are installed on mSD aren't shown anymore. But the mSD card is still recognized by the Xperia Play (it shows its free memory). Also N64oid is installed on the system memory and can access the roms on the mSD. Rebooting the device didn't help. Any idea?

EDIT: Just realized that the apps are still shown in the apps menu, only the shortcuts disappeared from the home menu. How come?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't see any reason to jailbreak a droid unless you want some custom firmware or whatever its called.
tongue.gif

It runs pirated roms no probs. Google for more info.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Ah, because im so used to typing on my PS3/PSP with my D-Pad/Buttons. Just wondering if it was possible XD.

Either way, guess im gonna have to swing by the Verizon store to see what the heck is up with the Date/Time thing.

No, you cannot type with the control pad. You can use it on the browser though.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to get it, but I don't think it has a big enough screen and that it doesn';t have good enough hardware for my enjoyment.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
4 inches isn't big enough for you? and the hardware is fine what are you talking about
I've heard the screen isn't very bright and is near impossible to see in sunlight. That's a huge flaw IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)