Hacking Considering getting a DSTWO+, good idea or should I go Gateway?

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am thinking that would most likely work because of them being on the friends list when making a emunand.
Great. Hopefully they fix up the friend list soon.
Can you link me to a guide on installing RxTools? I have an o3DS, unhacked, I think on version 9.2 (the last time I updated my 3DS was to download the free Sonic Boom theme from the theme store). I don't want to follow the wrong guide or anything, worried of screwing something up :S

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Hopefully they fix up the friend list soon.
Can you link me to a guide on installing RxTools? I have an o3DS, unhacked, I think on version 9.2 (the last time I updated my 3DS was to download the free Sonic Boom theme from the theme store). I don't want to follow the wrong guide or anything, worried of screwing something up :S
This is the most comprehensive guide available at the moment. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll have to format the SD Card to create an emuNAND partition with Gateway's launcher. You should backup your SD Card before you do this.
I have to format my SD card? Why did the guy in the video guide format his 3DS? I don't want to lose any of my data on my 3DS :S

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to format my SD card? Why did the guy in the video guide format his 3DS? I don't want to lose any of my data on my 3DS :S
When you use Gateway's launcher, you'll have to backup NAND, copy that to a safe place on your PC along with all the files on your SD Card, and then Format emuNAND, which will delete everything on the SD Card.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you use Gateway's launcher, you'll have to backup NAND, copy that to a safe place on your PC along with all the files on your SD Card, and then Format emuNAND, which will delete everything on the SD Card.
Just to be sure, I don't format my 3DS, losing my NNID, friend list, activity log records, etc., right? I just format my SD on the computer?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
2 things reguarding CFW, 1 is the friends list freezes on you when you enter it so you can not add anyone to your friends list, and 2 is out of region dlc will not work without a addon called ntr cfw.
not sure which cfw you are using, but friends list always works fine for me on rxtools

Last edited by dsrules,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's so bad about installing .cia's? If anything I would rather have my games appear as separate items on my home menu, since it would make my library seem more "legit".
installing isnt the issue, deinstalling is. Its an major pain in the ### do so since you only will see random numbers and have to guess which is the right one.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since cfw there really isn't one.
However if you are over 9.2 there is a reason to get one, and since a majority of users have updated due to there being no reason not upgrading (scene was sorta' new and not so accessible) then you will have a need.
My Sky3DS works just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc