Connecting to Gamecube, can flashcards do it?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by KrAzY3, Jan 8, 2008.

1. KrAzY3
    OP

KrAzY3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2007
    United States
    My first experience with Gamecube connectivity was Pokemon Emerald. I thought I had a legit copy of the game, hooked it up to Colosseum and it deleted my save. I threw that card across the room...

Fast forward a bit and I picked up a firelinker and most recently a elink. I'd like to be able to connect to the Gamecube on some games, but I'm not even sure this would work. I was trying to connect a rom of SSX 3 with the Gamecube version but it wouldn't work. I tried it on both firelinker and elink.

So my question is, is it possible for me to do this with either of my flashcards? Secondly, is there any other flashcards I could successfully do this with? Just trying to figure this out, I'm still kind of new to the whole flashcard thing.

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Some flashcards can do it. Different for each game too. But generally, Gamecube>GBA (and also Wii>DS) linking is best done on legit copies.

With my Supercard CF, Mario Golf Advance Tour linked with Gamecube fine. Though none of the Pokemon games I tried did. Nor the Fire Emblem ones.

3. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    It does work with the M3 Perfect in case of the Pokemon games, but I don't know about others.

4. BigX

BigX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Canada
    over there
    I tried that with my (now lost) EZ-III and Lord of the rings backups