CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    It's not up to us to prove that they don't have the skills. It's up to them to prove that they do. That announcement on their forum does not prove in any way that they do, since we don't know what affiliation (if any) that person has with their development team.

I don't think that they wish to abandon SX OS. I just doubt that they have the skill set required to defeat the TSEC issue, so I'm not sure they have a choice (unless they choose to release a version which displays the Atmosphere splash screen). Also, as far as I know, no games require 7.0.x yet, so Team-Xecuter still has a window where they can make money off of their "product." This could change as time goes on though, as games begin to require 7.0.x in order to function correctly.

How on earth would that be SciresM's fault if that were to occur? SciresM found the exploit on his own (a shocking concept to Team-Xecuter, I'm sure), and can do whatever he wishes with it. He owes nothing to "the scene." If Team-Xecuter were to find their own TSEC exploit, they are free to do whatever they wish with it as well. I don't see any reason why Team-Xecuter would have to make any exploit they found public to begin with, though, so I don't see that as an issue.

They would be in no way "responsible for burning a massive exploit" in that scenario.

Team-Xecuter's "product" is sold primarily to people that wish to pirate games (don't give me that "backup" stuff, either), so they don't have to spend money on games. Based on that, It's amazing to me that Team-Xecuter supporters, of all people, are the ones that keep suggesting that anyone who doesn't support their "product" are simply "too poor to afford it."

I can't speak for everyone here, but I actually *gasp* buy my games with my own money. While I disagree with their pro-piracy stance, one of the main reasons that I don't care for Team-Xecuter is because they steal code from open source projects. Oh, and that time they included brick code, as well...

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Hmm... Gateway 3ds rethoeic sounds kind of the same as it is now from TX.

Attached Files:

3. RyuSeisuke1992

RyuSeisuke1992 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    What do you always have such arguments for being the first to do this and that?
    They offer a CFW for use at a cost of about 30 EUR per console. Of course they have to offer more features than the free CFWs.
    They're primarily concerned with monopoly and sales - that's achieved by offering a variety of specific features as the only one that appeals to most user bases before they're available for free.
    Atmo will support the emuNAND and many others (except a XCI Loder) in the near future, but SciresM is more interested in stability than in more and more features.

4. josete2k

josete2k GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2009
    Spain
    Spain
    Please, re-read my message.

5. RyuSeisuke1992

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    @josete2k
    Because of the fact that SX OS uses ATM as a substructure and provides a few more features, they might have more codes? (I'm not quite sure, but SciresM knows best about it.)
    But when it comes to who wrote more of their codes, ATM is way ahead.
    And apart from that, SX OS is not open source, so it's hard for us to compare who has what more?

Last edited by RyuSeisuke1992, Mar 10, 2019
    CloudLep likes this.
  6. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Hopefully, ReSwitched has Atmosphere so coded that those things never update. They're so this and that. Get your own f'ing ish.

I swear, I will never understand the "ballers" that feel they have to get their games for 'free'.

7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Im fucking tired today, ok
    fwiw It should realistically only take them like two or three days to update all of their shit

8. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    So.... where is the 2.5.5 update? I mean, it's been FOREVER I even went back to use my Wii. xD

9. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    16 pages of Speculation & rumours. Nobody posting in here is from TX, so everything everyone has posted is just wild guesses at best. TBH nobody needs 7.0 for now, so what's the rush? Also you can dual boot between SX OS and Atmos if you need to - or put 7.0 on sysnand and 6.2 on emunand - so the reality is that if you need 7.0 you can have it already.

10. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    well if you bought a GW card when they first came out, like me, i bought 2, then the 3 years+ of service they did provide I can't complain about. if you only just bought it , well that's a different matter.

99% of games still work on their last update, only some of the last that were released for the 3DS might not.

so I can't complain. Also i remember reading they were going to announce some great news. I wonder what that was ?

11. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Where is emunand support for atmo ? its been a year and nothing.. i even went back to use my sega.

I just find it funny that those who use atmos talk about sxos piracy this and that.. when the bigger part if not most of atmo user use it with signature patches...

12. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Some newer NSP's or games from eshop that are recent require 7.0.

13. Heichart

Heichart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Brazil
    Burajiru
    What is a Sega?

14. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    A console.

15. Heichart

Heichart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Brazil
    Burajiru
    A home console or a portable one?

16. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Can't wait for those no roadblocks to suddenly display a sept splash. :creep:

17. RyuSeisuke1992

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    I believe that Team Xecuter has wooed away the gateway team with their know-how regarding hacking Nintendo consoles.
    3DS and the Switch have a lot of similarities and to gain a foothold in a foreign hacking scene, it was necessary to invoke experienced hackers from the field. I mean TX comes from the Xbox scene.

18. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    A home console of course.

19. tinkle
    OP

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Where? Games, not updates.

20. Heichart

Heichart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Brazil
    Burajiru
    You sound like someone that would call a PC a Microsoft and a car a Toyota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.