CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    It means they're on an internet forum, so they don't care much about spelling errors.

2. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I thought it meant people where illiterate..

3. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    using sxos now = to being illiterate.. wow .. just to what length people will go to bash sxos eh.

4. wicksand420
    This message by wicksand420 has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 11, 2019, Reason: Useless one liner.
    Mar 10, 2019
  5. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    except for that sept splash screen huh?

DayVeeBoi and wicksand420 like this.
  6. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    what the heck is your problem ?

7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Volthax is (probably?) a memer

Adran_Marit likes this.
  8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    He is

9. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Their spellchecker is not on :unsure:

10. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Gotta love TSEC though :P but indeed it would open a whole lot of eyes from a whole lot of places for sure ...
    It would be better to have something more Switch specific ... if that ever happens.

11. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    my english is not that perfect, but what do you means by "No roadblocks"?
    so they gonna make it or they don't want to make it?

12. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    No roadblocks means there is nothing stopping them. They're saying they can hack 7.0.1 themselves and I guess don't need to use SciresM's code?

13. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Yea, but sadly it's not really possible to have a unpatchable switch specific TSEC expoit :/

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Mar 10, 2019
    PatrickD85 likes this.
  14. PatrickD85

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Yeah it's the unicorn we want but will never have ... but as always ... the scene will eventually get something incredible.
    (And for what it is worth ... the entire RCM thing being open at first was kinda that, now lets hope once Mariko units drop that something can be done to both them and current ipatched units)

15. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    hmmm, if they managed to get the method to obtain the TSEC using the new method, then they can update all the time, right?

16. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    There will be stuff for ipatched systems eventually ;) (on systems below 6.2.0 iirc). Mariko is looking pretty scary tho :/ (it's adding even more security features and is fixing many if not all of the currently known exploits)

Adran_Marit and PatrickD85 like this.
  17. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    yeah, i guess that's the sole reason we don't have 7.0 compat... changing a few lines of code sure takes 1+ month

I seriously don't know why people can't accept the truth

wicksand420 likes this.
  18. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    That's actually pretty revealing. He only works on things that please him. TX, however you want to cut it, works on things that please their customers. So once the Switch runs out of Pokemon games to mod then it's bye-bye Atmosphere. :rofl2:

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  19. PatrickD85

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Yeah I guess you are referring to the nvhax browserhax ... and that is where I kinda screwed up. My ipatched is on 7.x already.

But all in all ... all I really would want is a way to get my old saves transferred between the two.

Because really life with a superbanned and ipatched switch is not that bad (best of both worlds).
    But that still seems something that will not happen soon ... ahh the horror of saves of 450+ hours of BOTW and others going towards the 100hours a piece ... is just painful not to have on the 'vanilla' 'goodie goodie' system

20. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Perhaps English is not their first language? I bet you'd have a few spelling mistakes if you were trying to write on a German/French/Spanish/Chinese forum.

In fact - I doubt you even thought about - which begs into question your intelligence level.

stephrk398 and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  21. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    For the record, I do agree with this (I was just being a smart-ass kinda) and I think that TX has made some improvements from some of the things I have been critical about in the past. I've largely abstained from any discussion or controversy regarding TX recently, but I am glad that there are people on both sides of the discussion as the last thing we need is to allow the subforum to be dominated by any particular viewpoint. Particularly one that is centered around commercial interests.

I don't have any issue with an entity making money off a product, but when that product is largely based on the opensource work of a dedicated development community, and when the optics TX are trying to spin is that they have done all the heavy lifting. Where it's not at all obvious to those less tech-oriented users that this is very much so, and in fact skews towards the opposite pole; on the surface (the UI, everything they are interacting with) is TX branded.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, Mar 10, 2019
    g4jek8j54 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.