Hacking Configurator for Configurable USB Loader

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please upload CfgLoaderConfiguratorv46.zip to something like Sendspace? I can't get gwht.wikidot.com to open.

Please don't use mediafire, because I can't open that either.

Thanks a lot!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Dr. Clipper said:
v45.2 of Configurator is out

download here

This one's a biggie.

Changes in 45.1:
  • Added settings.cfg support
  • Read your settings.cfg file and manage it on your PC
  • Use titles.txt or gameslist.txt to add saved options to a game without needing to use Cfg.
  • Automatically reads a titles.txt or gameslist.txt in the same directory as the .exe
  • Can be used to create patch lists of options on troublesome games to give to other people. They can load their own settings file, add your patch one and then save to get their games working!
Changes in 45.2:
  • Fixed naming of gamelist.txt
  • Altered to accept 6 digit IDs for saving options for compatibility with Cfg
  • Can only save options if you know the 6 digit version of the ID, but 4 digit versions are OK for hiding and favorites.
Here's a look at the interface for the new settings.cfg tab:
GameSettings.png

The sample_cdbs have also been updated to handle the new page.

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Oct 29 2009, 10:02 PM) v46 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 46:
  • Upgrades to match v46b of Cfg
  • Added "partition" option to global options
  • Added "partition" option to settings.cfg options
The sample_cdbs have also been updated to handle the new options.

Clip, I'm really sorry. Didn't notice the two big updates. Here are the *updated* Spanish translation files, one for the v45.2 (obsolete) and another from this last one. I'm gonna update the other post... Also, I modified the "0" and "1" labels to "No" and "Sí", respectivelly. Hope that helps some newbies...

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
I'm gonna update the other post... Also, I modified the "0" and "1" labels to "No" and "Sí", respectivelly. Hope that helps some newbies...
Heh, that makes me feel like making my own "newbie" translation for English speaking newbies.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
How do you add a cursor to a theme?
You mean the pointer image for the gui?

You need to put the image file pointer.png into your theme directory. The images dimensions must be multiples of 4. To create a valid pointer.png from any image, you can use the conversion built into the Install Wizard. To do that:
[*]Read in your existing config.txt and theme.txt files[*]Click the "Install all files" button[*]Ensure base directory and them are correct[*]Select a file as a source image for Pointer Image[*]Click the Install all files to Base Directory" button
You could also skip the existing files and just set a base directory and pointer image file before hitting the install button as well, but be warned as the program will then generate an empty config.txt file at the same location.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
with the configurable usb loader
is ther any way to remove (or comment out) [ - to remove game ]
or lock it out somehow?
I don't want my kid to accidently remove a game
Thanks for your time Bud.....

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Budweiser said:
or lock it out somehow?
Yes. Set disable_remove to 1.

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting from a WBFS disk with a random set of games plus a newly softmoded Wii to replace the one that was stolen, Is there a button or option to allow you to create a set of files with default options to start from ?

I have fired up the trusty disk editor and produced a list of titles & game codes so I can determine which of the stolen disks were not backed up. If I use this list to produce a set of empty files, will the tool cope or do I have to create templates and make multiple copies ?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
knuj_on said:
Starting from a WBFS disk with a random set of games plus a newly softmoded Wii to replace the one that was stolen, Is there a button or option to allow you to create a set of files with default options to start from ?

I have fired up the trusty disk editor and produced a list of titles & game codes so I can determine which of the stolen disks were not backed up. If I use this list to produce a set of empty files, will the tool cope or do I have to create templates and make multiple copies ?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your questions. The default options would just be to have a blank config.txt, which can be done by going directly to the install wizard and installing to the base directory. I don't know what you want with the second question. The per-game saved options are all stored within a single settings.cfg file. You don't need to create one of these, though, as most games should work with the defaluts.

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, you have answered my questions. I misunderstood the documentation for the loader and thought there were multiple config files. I have been using USB Loader 1.5 happily til now, but as I have to start from scratch again I am reading up on loaders with more features
smile.gif

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Budweiser said:
or lock it out somehow?

Excuse the ignorance but I can't find this setting ,
please advise ...Bud

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Budweiser said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Budweiser said:
or lock it out somehow?

please advise ...Bud
Global Options page 1, second column, third row.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Budweiser said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Budweiser said:
or lock it out somehow?

please advise ...Bud
Global Options page 1, second column, third row.

Sorry to seem stupid ...
I have in global options (I only see one page)

theme
devise
partition
download all missing covers
check for updates

press 1for game options
press 2 to save global options
fat32 mount
cnf base
loader version 46
ios249 rev14

Am I misssing an update?

here is my settings config

# CFG USB Loader settings file 46
# Note: This file is automatically generated
# Global Settings:
theme = BlueMatrix
device = usb
partition = WBFS1
gui_style = grid
gui_rows = 4
# Favorite Games: 0
# Hidden Games: 1
hide_game = __CF
# Game Options: 20
game:R9JE69 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:223-mload; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:SZAE69 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:223-mload; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RRAPUG = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RM2E69 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:disc; dol_name:game.dol; ocarina:0;
game:R3ME01 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:disc; dol_name:rs5mp2_p.dol; ocarina:0;
game:RSXE69 = language:console; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:disc; dol_name:ssx.dol; ocarina:0;
game:RV8PRT = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RVNP7J = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RV3P6N = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RPXP69 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:R63PG9 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RGJP7U = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RG5PWR = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RJVPGN = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RR8PUJ = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RWOP69 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RTBP52 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RQOP69 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:R2SP18 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
game:RYQP69 = language:console; video:ntsc; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:0; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0;
# END

Bud

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Budweiser said:
Sorry to seem stupid ...

Bud
OK, I thought this might be the problem. Configurable USB Loader does not have the options settable within the loader itself. You edit the text files "config.txt" and "theme.txt" to configure it. To aid that, I created a Configurator application that allows you to just select the options via a GUI instead of editing the text files by hand.

You are in the Configurator thread, so I assumed you were discussing the tool. The latest version and some information about using the tool are in the first post. In your case, you should be loading your existing config.txt, clicking the disable_remove option value to 1, then saving it back. You might also like to check out the other options which are available at the same time. Each option and option value has a tool tip which shows up if you hover over it that tells you what the option is for.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Budweiser said:
Sorry to seem stupid ...

Bud
OK, I thought this might be the problem. Configurable USB Loader does not have the options settable within the loader itself. You edit the text files "config.txt" and "theme.txt" to configure it. To aid that, I created a Configurator application that allows you to just select the options via a GUI instead of editing the text files by hand.

You are in the Configurator thread, so I assumed you were discussing the tool. The latest version and some information about using the tool are in the first post. In your case, you should be loading your existing config.txt, clicking the disable_remove option value to 1, then saving it back. You might also like to check out the other options which are available at the same time. Each option and option value has a tool tip which shows up if you hover over it that tells you what the option is for.

Sorry for all the confusion ..

I have installed the latest tool
and loaded my exsiting config file and checked the appropriate box and saved the config file . upon loading the new config file i was still able to [ -remove game ]

here is my config file now

theme = BlueMatrix
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
disable_remove = 1
device = usb
background = background.png
wbackground = background.png
background_base = bg_gui.png
wbackground_base = bg_gui.png
background_gui = bg_gui.png
wbackground_gui = bg_gui.png
layout = large3
cover_style = 3d
color_header = 14
color_footer = 8
color_selected_fg = 0
color_selected_bg = 7
color_inactive = 8
color_help = 11
console_transparent = 1
cursor = " "
menu_plus = " "
hide_header = 1
hide_footer = 1
gui_text_color = white

also my setting for my previous games were removed is this correct?
please advise on my wrong doings..Bud

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v47 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 47:
  • Upgrades to match v47 of Cfg (install_partitions=1:1)
  • File dialogs for config.txt, theme.txt and settings.cfg now have new filters so you can load and store *.txt or *.cfg.
  • New links added to the info text to this thread as well as the web-based README-CFG.txt

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Dr. Clipper said:
v47 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 47:
  • Upgrades to match v47 of Cfg (install_partitions=1:1)
  • File dialogs for config.txt, theme.txt and settings.cfg now have new filters so you can load and store *.txt or *.cfg.
  • New links added to the info text to this thread as well as the web-based README-CFG.txt

Another version, another translation, (8): http://www.mediafire.com/?j3wn2m5mw2r. And sorry for the typo, D:... You know I meant "Spanish speaking newbs". Thanks anyway,
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1